zac

[Age Rules] - Revise

It should be limited by the script and if granted permission you should be able to roleplay as a child. With limits.

No more age 8 bullshit. I'd probably throw age 12 as the minimum. If you role play as a couple with a newborn it should strictly be passive RP.

The permission would work as if I was to join a faction that prefers younger age characters, it's pretty dog shit when a faction needs a younger playerbase so everyone is 16 years old. They could still have a house in their name scriptwise but roleplay as their parents still living there, etc.

If you roleplay as an 8 year old girl at pizza stack with a pink bike and throw W's in all your words. You're a sick cunt and need to die. Also. L&A this bullshit it's fucking wrong.

https://forums.owlgaming.net/forum/1229-child-protective-services/

Honestly. Just read the threads in that. It's purely wrong and everyone who does it needs mental help.

3 hours ago, OhhPixelz said:

It's an extremely niche piece of roleplay, I personally feel disgusted by those who want to do it. I wish I knew why but, I just do it makes me feel uncomfortable and something I'd like to see monitored or restricted completely. I understand there's always someone who can do it, but it's rare and a minority. Something that makes me question it completely.

Well, not to sound offensive but if you find something disgusting, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing and should necessary be restricted. I mean organ chopping for example isn't too pleasant niche, or brutal kills with body dismemberment, but well, people still do it.

Now, of course I see where you are coming from, so I can't (and not going to) say you're wrong or anything. I mean many people either RP kids with some kind of weird autism (sorry, but I can not find other words suitable for such RP level), while other part of "kids" is being roleplayed as black underage males whose parents were murdered so they are full into gang lyf (or at least it was a thing about year ago, from what I heard, not sure).

There is, however small part of people who can roleplay as kids and can do it well. (say hi to @erniethemighty, or probs @CptWaffles for example, altho waffles played as 15yo gal, which is almost 16). I myself also find it kind of interesting perspective (dunno if people consider me good roleplayer, though). And as I speak for myself, I'll also answer your question as for what's so cool in RPing as a child:

For me personally, roleplaying as kid gives some kind of nostalgia, when I was young and careless. Plus it also gives you really tons of lulz in-character wise, by doing something stupid (let's say breaking someone's vase, or going to shop and spending parents' week-worthy cash for sweets) and then watching at your IC parents reactions. I remember I started playing "teen" as 16yo gal though, which doesn't really fall under "totally restricted age" formula, but nonetheless it was still fun. Guess @saku446 or @DevilRaiden (if he ever comes online) might want to add something as they often were RPing as adults supervising my character.

But yeah, coming closer to a topic. I do agree with you on the point that such kind of RP should be monitored (at least make it application-worth, where person would contact UAT and talk to them, proving he knows how to RP as kid decently, has at least one parent and such. I mean you guys used to have this rule already). But fully restricting it? No, I don't think it's a good idea...

Edited by Ice

23 minutes ago, Ice said:

Well, not to sound offensive but if you find something disgusting, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing and should necessary be restricted. I mean organ chopping for example isn't too pleasant niche, or brutal kills with body dismemberment, but well, people still do it.

Now, of course I see where you are coming from, so I can't (and not going to) say you're wrong or anything. I mean many people either RP kids with some kind of weird autism (sorry, but I can not find other words suitable for such RP level), while other part of "kids" is being roleplayed as black underage males whose parents were murdered so they are full into gang lyf (or at least it was a thing about year ago, from what I heard, not sure).

There is, however small part of people who can roleplay as kids and can do it well. (say hi to @erniethemighty, or probs @CptWaffles for example, altho waffles played as 15yo gal, which is almost 16). I myself also find it kind of interesting perspective (dunno if people consider me good roleplayer, though). And as I speak for myself, I'll also answer your question as for what's so cool in RPing as a child:

For me personally, roleplaying as kid gives some kind of nostalgia, when I was young and careless. Plus it also gives you really tons of lulz in-character wise, by doing something stupid (let's say breaking someone's vase, or going to shop and spending parents' week-worthy cash for sweets) and then watching at your IC parents reactions. I remember I started playing "teen" as 16yo gal though, which doesn't really fall under "totally restricted age" formula, but nonetheless it was still fun. Guess @saku446 or @DevilRaiden (if he ever comes online) might want to add something as they often were RPing as adults supervising my character.

But yeah, coming closer to a topic. I do agree with you on the point that such kind of RP should be monitored (at least make it application-worth, where person would contact UAT and talk to them, proving he knows how to RP as kid decently, has at least one parent and such. I mean you guys used to have this rule already). But fully restricting it? No, I don't think it's a good idea...

For your first point, organ chopping is extremely niche, it's very rare you come across people doing it. You don't not walk around Pizza Stack and see the roleplay of someone gutting someone like a fish, this is completely different. There's also a difference between the two uses of disgusting. Harvesting organ is awful, gore and inhuman, correct. But that's why very little few do it with restrictions etc and follows our 'extreme RP rules'. Roleplaying children is slightly paedophilic and just damn right odd in my mind, I'm not suggesting a server wide ban because I don't find it appealing to me. I'm looking for the communities opinions.

People that can roleplay children well, cool great. Nice to see some talented people, but a minority. Things have to be either put in place or a cap at 16. 

I mean I think some people are capable of doing it right - but most people don't even know how to RP around children either - since half of these people are children irl.

However - if this means no more "AMBER ALERT!!! MAH KID RAN AWAY!" which ISN'T A FUCKING AMBER ALERT, then I wholly agree.. completely restrict it, or limit it to only very few proven people. 

(I disagree that playing children is, in any form, pedophilia though.. unless they're trying to go esex someone on their kid, otherwise it's just playing a character..)

Edited by MindScape00

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Extremely narrow minded.

It's really not being narrow minded on a gaming community, it's about feeling comfortable within a gaming community because quite frankly. I dislike certain types of roleplay and it's not just me, it's a wide majority of people shown by this thread which I believe needs to have a result of monitoring it or banning it. There's so many nonces about, it's apparent.

14 minutes ago, OhhPixelz said:

-snip- Roleplaying children is slightly paedophilic and just damn right odd in my mind, I'm not suggesting a server wide ban because I don't find it appealing to me. I'm looking for the communities opinions.

-snip-

It really depends on the reasoning. If people RP as underages in order to have e-sex, I -do- admit it's wrong and perverted, lol. But then again, not everybody RPs as children with kinky purpose, lol...

That was my initial point. If sexual context is the core of a problem for you, why not just forbid underage e-sex. Or at least set a rule which would restrict going for "details" as in roleplaying actual sex, just mutual OOC agreement (in case someone actually wants to RP teenager pregnancy. I remember someone even did that). After all there are already laws in real life in many countries which prohibit similar things in games.

Edited by Ice
typos

3 minutes ago, OhhPixelz said:

It's really not being narrow minded on a gaming community, it's about feeling comfortable within a gaming community because quite frankly. I dislike certain types of roleplay and it's not just me, it's a wide majority of people shown by this thread which I believe needs to have a result of monitoring it or banning it. There's so many nonces about, it's apparent.

If people had the ability to "ban" roleplay they didn't agree with then OwlGaming would be a very boring place. I would also be careful when using the term nonce, unless you know something we don't. 

Just now, Lewis said:

If people had the ability to "ban" roleplay they didn't agree with then OwlGaming would be a very boring place. I would also be careful when using the term nonce, unless you know something we don't. 

I have open views, I like to express myself. People who roleplay children are most likely social rejects with paedophilic tendencies. Alongside e-sexers and the many forms of weird roleplay. It's not about banning it, it's about preventing it from ruining my experience, alongside many other peoples. I made this thread clearly to understand the thoughts and wondered if any others thought the same as me, surprisingly they do. It needs monitoring/restricting.

3 minutes ago, OhhPixelz said:

I have open views, I like to express myself. People who roleplay children are most likely social rejects with paedophilic tendencies. Alongside e-sexers and the many forms of weird roleplay. It's not about banning it, it's about preventing it from ruining my experience, alongside many other peoples. I made this thread clearly to understand the thoughts and wondered if any others thought the same as me, surprisingly they do. It needs monitoring/restricting.

I guess some people see roleplay as a story telling opportunity and not just a hub to DM someone, but who am I to say what should be what!

Just now, Lewis said:

I guess some people see roleplay as a story telling opportunity and not just a hub to DM someone, but who am I to say what should be what!

Roleplay can be perceived as many things, it is story telling. You start off with a new character, hopefully with a backstory and build on that using other people to bounce off your ideas. I don't want some crooked minded person entering mine who's roleplaying a child who's not fearless and fights anyone with a bat at the age of 12 with both parents dead, making the poor people at SEMC roleplay this tedious method of attempting to detain this shit tier roleplayers. 

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

Did you know: Children in story telling and even RPG games is pedophilia? 

Just now, OhhPixelz said:

Roleplay can be perceived as many things, it is story telling. You start off with a new character, hopefully with a backstory and build on that using other people to bounce off your ideas. I don't want some crooked minded person entering mine who's roleplaying a child who's not fearless and fights anyone with a bat at the age of 12 with both parents dead, making the poor people at SEMC roleplay this tedious method of attempting to detain this shit tier roleplayers. 

There we go, now that's something I can completely agree with and I doubt you'll find a person within this community who will disagree. Calling someone else a paedophile, perhaps you'll get some outrage at that but that's not for me to deal with. Back to the point at hand, that's why we restrict the process through the already made and active CPS. Ensuring that these acts of stupidity don't happen, allowing us to all enjoy a realistic roleplay environment. 

Just now, Lewis said:

There we go, now that's something I can completely agree with and I doubt you'll find a person within this community who will disagree. Calling someone else a paedophile, perhaps you'll get some outrage at that but that's not for me to deal with. Back to the point at hand, that's why we restrict the process through the already made and active CPS. Ensuring that these acts of stupidity don't happen, allowing us to all enjoy a realistic roleplay environment. 

I've not once called someone a paedophile. I said, the people behind this is more likely going to be one. Take it as you wish, personal thoughts on these specific people : ). And that's why this suggestion was made, to restrict people from doing this. 

4 minutes ago, OhhPixelz said:

I've not once called someone a paedophile. I said, the people behind this is more likely going to be one. Take it as you wish, personal thoughts on these specific people : ). And that's why this suggestion was made, to restrict people from doing this. 

I disagree, we've all grown up as children and can use our own past as a basis of our current roleplay. You don't need to be thinking about children to roleplay as one.

To be completely honest I don't see as to how we can pinpoint the stupidity of roleplay on just the children RPer's either. I witnessed some dude at Idlewood Pizza Stacks cock slapping spiderman on the head earlier, but we don't hear or try and restrict that now do we? Don't believe me? 

[2017-09-22 18:31:37] [Output] : ★ X pulls his pants down, bending over and rubs his penis around spiderman's face.

Edited by Lewis

2 minutes ago, Zebby said:

This one is more of a ban all children, not just limit it. That's why I created a new one, also to spark more discussion.

Just now, Lewis said:

I disagree, we've all grown up as children and can use our own past as a basis of our current roleplay. You don't need to be thinking about children to roleplay as one.

Correct, we have grown up as children. That's why it baffles me how some people are backwards thinking when doing this niche roleplay. And, it somewhat worries me when people have photo /check's of random children and pursue their life. It's weird and as stated previously, it's not like organ harvesting or other extreme roleplay, you don't have to give consent so it can and will appear in my roleplay. Which I dislike. 

Just now, OhhPixelz said:

And, it somewhat worries me when people have photo /check's of random children and pursue their life.

I can't disagree with that, a detailed, fake /look should suffice with no picture. 

3 hours ago, Mogs said:

adopt them all and shoot them in the head

Already did lol

v1FmDvo.jpg

Btw, That's ANOTHER FUCKING 12 YEARS OLD FUCKING TO ADULTS WITH A FUCKING BAT!

Edited by DoPrius21

1 minute ago, DoPrius21 said:

Already did lol

v1FmDvo.jpg

Btw, That's ANOTHER FUCKING 12 YEARS OLD FUCKING TO ADULTS!

We could flip this around and claim you're what's wrong with it. Not being able to RP correctly with these said 12 year olds? Shooting a 12 year old in the face. Developed.