zac

[Age Rules] - Revise

I tend to disagree that all people who roleplays kids are bad at it, the points you gave fully match OWL tho, but not %100. There are people who just roleplays being a normal kid with both parents around (Actual players) and that just gives family roleplay, which is nice to have in my opinion. So, I guess best is not to completely destroy kid roleplay, but make some restrictions on what they can or can't-do, and just simply punish the players who break the rules, as in fighting an adult person.

Just now, Alfredas said:

I tend to disagree that all people who roleplays kids are bad at it, the points you gave fully match OWL tho, but not %100. There are people who just roleplays being a normal kid with both parents around (Actual players) and that just gives family roleplay, which is nice to have in my opinion. So, I guess best is not to completely destroy kid roleplay, but make some restrictions on what they can or can't-do, and just simply punish the players who break the rules, as in fighting an adult person.

It's an extremely niche piece of roleplay, I personally feel disgusted by those who want to do it. I wish I knew why but, I just do it makes me feel uncomfortable and something I'd like to see monitored or restricted completely. I understand there's always someone who can do it, but it's rare and a minority. Something that makes me question it completely.

• Like 2

I'm not the biggest fan of this form of roleplay either (I've never done it or roleplayed with someone that has) but perhaps a compromise could be that it's only allowed if at least one of their adult relatives is roleplayed IG by another player?

Maybe have it so that the child characters are only allowed as an accessory to the adult ones and must ICly reside with them? Idk.

Edited by Mail
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mail said:

I'm not the biggest fan of this form of roleplay either (I've never done it or roleplayed with someone that has) but perhaps a compromise could be that it's only allowed if at least one of their adult relatives is roleplayed IG by another player?

Yeah, that would be good compromise, I guess.

I do agree to a certain extent, although with Child Protective Services in place this almost kind of weeds out the players who aren't serious about the role play they're doing. The reason I say this is you have to go through some type of RP to even get into CPS, so why waste your time if you're not serious about it? From what I've seen CPS is going pretty well and creating a good amount of RP. Now with the whole child RP "disgusting" you I can understand this somewhat. Although if it's being done correctly I don't see why this would disgust you, beyond some of the creepy ass people on this server. *Cough* @GentleFart *Cough*

20 minutes ago, Nese said:

Only time I have ran into one of these children was when my IC employee brought their five year old kid to work. They even had a picture of someones real child in their /look and that disturbed me greatly. After the kid asked their IC mother "What's a condom?" I swiftly removed myself from that RP and have avoided kids ever since.

I believe owl already limits characters with mental disabilities, I think child characters should be included in this rule.

This sums me up, it's disturbing to see actual kids being used and it's just something I don't want to see on a server I play at, perverted slightly.

• Like 1

I personally don't believe child roleplay belongs or fits in this community, there are certainly people who have misrepresented child roleplay and spoiled it for everyone else due to this, but there should be a compromise and just simple rules to be enforced and negotiated with the community.

Edited by EDR
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nese said:

Only time I have ran into one of these children was when my IC employee brought their five year old kid to work. They even had a picture of someones real child in their /look and that disturbed me greatly. After the kid asked their IC mother "What's a condom?" I swiftly removed myself from that RP and have avoided kids ever since.

I believe owl already limits characters with mental disabilities, I think child characters should be included in this rule.

People are using real images of kids in /look and RPing sexual things with these characters? Wow.

Actually maybe it's just best if it's all banned, I'm starting to wonder what the value of it actually is. I think it probably attracts the wrong people.

I am JohnM's advocate for while he is banned.

"Child RPers are utterly disgusting and don't know one thing about roleplaying a kid. All of these child RPers are orphans who are tough kids and act like adults. Besides that, it's just disgusting in general and I have no idea whatsoever how someone can roleplay a child. Must be going through some crisis in life but it's gross. It should be grouped with the restricted roleplay types, such as child molestation and beastiality and all the stuff in that realm." - JohnM

#Don'tFreeJohnM

Edited by DylanW
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

In my opinion sexsual roleplay should be banned in children roleplay, but there's nothing wrong with roleplaying a child in a family with other children. I've never tried roleplaying a child but just as it's fun to roleplay an adult while being a teenager irl it can be fun to roleplay a child. Yet I must agree that most of the roleplay ends up with trolling like it is with roleplaying an elderly.

• Like 2

Just get them to post really good development topics with a solid background that can be linked to reports so they don't just decide in 1 hour to troll around as a kid.

So like, they would need to start a believable story with a few days of progression before making the character in-game.

Don't know, not really useful anyway because everytime I roleplayed as the CPS Representative, powergaming was massive because they would be "small and fast", as far as saying they would knock the 6-foot guards down to get outside.

• Like 1

Outright ban anything under the age of 16. There's no point having kids if they're literally going to be free roaming the server like a normal alt. Kids usually stay at their neighbourhood when they aren't at school, what's that? We don't even have a school so everyone adopting a kid needs to starting getting punished for allowing the truancy.

dont allow a system that isn't fully capable of working realistically to go on.

daily routine of a kid:

wake up > school > sleep

if so, prohibit the the usage of alts under 16 during week days and allow them to be used during weekends 

Edited by DrJoseEvil
  • Like 1