Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LikeMike

[Mapping] Jefferson Initiative - Hood roleplay

Would you like to see this mapping implemented?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this mapping implemented?

• Yes. (Comment on roleplay opportunities)
    • No. (Leave a reason)

Greetings, 

I have recently been approached by @Caporegime (who doesn't wish to remain annonymous anymore) who actively fucked with my head and came up with a pretty good idea in order to promote hood roleplay and attract more illegal factions such as gangs and Drug Trafficking Organizations. The idea was to basically transform Jefferson, or at least a few parcels from the district into low-rise housing projects and my inspiration came from the real life Watts neighborhood from Los Angeles. 

The parcels that would be transformed (Perhaps not all of them)

ZYG751K.jpg

Before people start complaining about running them out of a so called mid-class neighborhood, keep in mind that Jefferson is supposed to be a low income area and not a place for statwhores who buy a 30k house and fence it around with barbwire just to park their multi million dollar cars there. If you want to roleplay rich, there is a Go West initiative in progress. The rich belong in the West, the poor belong in the East.

This will elevate the drug game as well, hopefully. Hood roleplayers will know how important it is for a DTO to take control over a parcel like this.

Real life pictures for reference: 

Spoiler

220px-Imperialcourtshousinglosangeles.JP

50582-full.jpg

4ad13616769c3ddda1b98becb065c5d6.jpg

Screen_20Shot_202016-05-31_20at_209.13.5

imperial-courts-los-angeles-ca-primary-p

image_preview

12-highres_00014664-1072x714.jpg

Now, I went ahead and spent a few good hours trying to map out a parcel there to show you how it would look like. Keep in mind that this is only a parcel and that the housing projects will be different for each one, and perhaps I'll try to map a set of high-rise towers as well I can manage to find good objects for it. The map is in a very raw state, I will still work on it to make it look dirty and non-friendly, although this is basically how the housing projects will be displayed. 

Parcel #1:

Spoiler

jhXy6Su.jpg

ORftiVM.jpg

A8LdRw3.jpg

kOqyWhn.jpg

Zj4epwk.jpg

A36Ssv3.jpg

H5j2KgH.jpg

Parcel #2

Spoiler

sb2IVqy.jpg

doMIyjL.jpg

qaPh83w.jpg

9NHNcYk.jpg

QN0Ok2f.jpg

tlx9TiE.jpg

l6VkjR9.jpg

mDgt3Oc.jpg

hhKVp7V.jpg

Parcel #3/Whole map video:

Leave feedback and/or constructive criticism after voting, please.

Peace&Prosperity,

LikeMike.

I like this, this is what banger RP needs to introduce more RP away from the likes of Grove, Tar Street and those places. I'd like to see more people situated in different parts of the map, this addition would add that.

Yeah, this is great.

I'm assuming there will be apartments added along with the mapping, which would help East Los Santos area with their housing problems.

Another thing I would like to point out is that all the reactions to this mapping could be looked at ICly aswell, Rich people escaping a neighbourhood that's slowly turning bad and moving to better areas, the ones that stick around notice an abundance of crime; burglary, harrassment and robberies would begin to happen more often. From an OOC point of view, this is great for new factions looking for spots to roleplay in, most of the good spots in the city are already taken by established factions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight

Is basically what would happen.

This is a great idea, it will promote Roleplay as it's new and exciting & will get players to get creative with new and existing characters to move into that area, great for hood RP. 

I look forward to seeing it implemented.

This looks quite nice, to be honest. Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, LikeMike said:

Before people start complaining about running them out of a so called mid-class neighborhood, keep in mind that Jefferson is supposed to be a low income area and not a place for statwhores who buy a 30k house and fence it around with barbwire just to park their multi million dollar cars there. If you want to roleplay rich, there is a Go West initiative in progress.

Feel free to report these players/vehicles if you find any. It's against the rule of immersion, anyways.