Lukaa

[General] - Removing character name on chat while masked and mask ID system.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Removing character name on chat while masked and mask ID system.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
I think this is extremely important suggestion, there are many reason why name should be removed while masked.

1) It's easy to MG and get away with it, let me give you an example.
So, You've got an illegal character who's in mafia or something and got an order to kill someone, you went for it and failed, he/she knows your name OOCly since you typed something, that basically means that you have no other chance killing him unless you just spot him and shoot without saying anything, otherwise if you like get his number, call and try to trap him, you'll eventually fail as he'll avoid it, because he knows your name OOCly, that's obvious metagaming, but you can't get him punished, as a report answer he'll just say that it's IC stuff and my character decided to do so and admin can't really do anything about it.
That was just a theoretical example, there could be brought up many more since human nature is to avoid their disadvantagement.

2) You don't see their face nor you recognize their voice while masked, because when you have a mask on your voice significantly changes.

So you may come up with an argument that if we remove the names, some would go DM without getting detected, since there would be no more names to report, that's what mask ID would be for, if implemented admins can easily recognize who is who by that ID's, also you could /pay using that ID's.

What are the advantages?-
Makes more sense.
Avoiding MG.
Immersion.
Mask will have an actual purpose

What are the disadvantages?-

Would take some time from developers but I think it's totally worth.
I can't really think of any more disadvantages so feel free to comment.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
I'd remove the name and replace it with the syntax like this : [English] Unknown Person says :
And I'd add random generated mask ID on the nametag that is up to 1000, f.e : Unknown Person(2114)

• Like 4

Just now, Chillz said:

Suggested and denied. Admins can’t find out who the player was if you don’t get hus ID. Secondly you can press control, grab the ID, /id (ID) and bam, script redunant.

That's why asked to implement mask ID system.

I'm sure it'll be possible to remove or change that ctrl thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lukaa said:

I'm sure it'll be possible to remove or change that ctrl thing.

Just RP. You don’t need scripts to do that. If someone MGs report them.

• Salty 1

2 minutes ago, Chillz said:

Just RP. You don’t need scripts to do that. If someone MGs report them.

I stated why 'Just report them' is an invalid argument

2 minutes ago, Tailor said:

Not all masks "significantly change" your voice, but y'know everyone will be ordering one that has a muzzle to do just that. Perfect criminals 4 life.

/masks/ does

Just now, JohnM said:

Bottom line is that it was suggested and denied. If people can't see the name, they will see the ID. If the ID is removed, no admins can find out who it was.

7 minutes ago, Lukaa said:

Just now, JohnM said:

Mask ID thing just doesn't make sense to me. It's fine how it is.

Mask ID makes perfect sense imo, it's just to identify people if they break some rules IG while masked.

seen it on lots of servers

You all just need actually read the suggestion and comprehend how It'd gonna work.

Why having to report someone for MG if you can simply avoid it and why do you want to have names visible if you don't want to MG, the system he's talking about is one of the part of realistic immersion. 

About the issue of admins can't find out who did who is stupid, because that's what mask ID's gonna do.

in short I 100% agree, because it actually makes sense.

(and i also agree that names when talking in phone should be removed, yes.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It's not easy to lie when admins can log search things to show the actual truth of what was typed and when it was typed.

It is honestly, if we're talking about the minor MG that i brought in examples. just read my suggestion

This was suggested before and denied.

#3 - Suggestion duplicates are forbidden. Please do make a research before sending a new suggestion.

Denied suggestions stay denied.

Read the policies of a subforum before you post a thread in it, kthx.

Edited by Humour

13 minutes ago, Humour said:

This was suggested before and denied.

#3 - Suggestion duplicates are forbidden. Please do make a research before sending a new suggestion.

Denied suggestions stay denied.

Read the policies of a subforum before you post a thread in it, kthx.

I didn't know this was suggested before and I really doubt that suggestion was same as mine.

Just now, Humour said:

Suggestions that were declined in the past stay denied, you can't just re-submit a request a year later.

well if year passed i guess its okay, also think it wasn't the exact same thing im suggesting.

just giving time to re-think

2 hours ago, Lukaa said:

I can easily do a minor MG and no one will know about it except the one who I MG'ed against, and if reported im sure i won't get punished as i'll have enough arguments to 'lie'

Did you just admit to colluding? lmao

• Like 1