Sign in to follow this  
Kotromanich

MTA on laptop??

Hey there. So like two weeks ago my PC broke down, I've repaired it somehow, but a few days ago it broke down once again, and can not be repaired. Now I have to buy a laptop, because of my IRL and job needs. Never used laptop for gaming before, so now I'm not sure how smart it is to play MTA on laptop, and spend at least hour or two daily for it. Got any experiences/feedbacks with this? If yes share it with me please. 

3 minutes ago, Chillz said:

It all depends on the laptop’s specifications.

It's gonna have better specifications than my PC had, and I played MTA without any problems. But what I'm wondering, it's still laptop. Has that small keyboard, smaller screen, etc. 

Just now, Kotromanich said:

It's gonna have better specifications than my PC had, and I played MTA without any problems. But what I'm wondering, it's still laptop. Has that small keyboard, smaller screen, etc. 

You can attach your keyboard to your laptop, the mouse as well and screen to a bigger one (Depending on its’ manufacturer.)

I use a laptop to play and get 60 FPS all the time even on high end games, laptop isn't that expensive it's an ASUS X556U I really recommend buying it, it ain't expensive at all.

I'll buy a good laptop. Just wasn't sure is it safe to play any game on it. But if laptop is also good for gaming, that's perfect then.

1 hour ago, Kotromanich said:

I'll buy a good laptop. Just wasn't sure is it safe to play any game on it. But if laptop is also good for gaming, that's perfect then.

Check for overheating problems with the computer you're going to get. I have a gateway, brand new, overheats like crazy. Can't game on it.

Funny thing, I have a Windows Tablet... it plays Owl. Use to play on it with Lauren Thompson. Works perfectly.

I have no problems with playing MTA on my laptop.

Oh I'm glad to read these comments. Specifications will fit MTA surely and I'll buy wireless mouse. Thank you guys. 

Any potato with integrated graphics and one of the latest gen 6/7 i5/i7 core processors will run this at high frames. (Basically every laptop)

I am using Lenovo Legion Y720 and its working flawlessly. In the end the game really old and should run on any PC or laptop you can buy these days. About the keyboard you can attach external one. That's what I do. It might be uncomfortable without a second monitor though. :)

Edited by Snap

i've been gaming on a laptop for my whole life, just make sure you always have a charger with you, because gaming drains your battery rq

Edited by Jokerr

2 hours ago, Jokerr said:

i've been gaming on a laptop for my whole life, just make sure you always have a charger with you, because gaming drains your battery rq

nerd

I run MTA on Asus laptop (not a gamer laptop neither 1 grand one) and haven't any problems with it.

I started playing MTA on a 2007 HP laptop (HP-s haven't really got a good reputation jfc) and it ran quite well.  I'd say even better than my 2014 laptop however my HDD is quite shit on the new one, so that could be it.

Honestly most laptops nowadays should be able to run MTA perfectly fine. I'm not talking about a second-hand one or one at £200. A laptop in around the £350-500 is more than suffice. I've been playing on a Toshiba 2012 Satellite for four years or so (bar the fact I've got a PC, I like to chillax on the bed) So, I can't help anymore than that :P

I got a nextbook ( notebook laptop ) with 32gb hdd and 2gb of ram. Intel Atom 1.33ghz and MTA runs well for me. I get 30fps on the server, something great for this laptop.