Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kotromanich

MTA on laptop??

Hey there. So like two weeks ago my PC broke down, I've repaired it somehow, but a few days ago it broke down once again, and can not be repaired. Now I have to buy a laptop, because of my IRL and job needs. Never used laptop for gaming before, so now I'm not sure how smart it is to play MTA on laptop, and spend at least hour or two daily for it. Got any experiences/feedbacks with this? If yes share it with me please. 

3 minutes ago, Chillz said:

It all depends on the laptop’s specifications.

It's gonna have better specifications than my PC had, and I played MTA without any problems. But what I'm wondering, it's still laptop. Has that small keyboard, smaller screen, etc. 

Just now, Kotromanich said:

It's gonna have better specifications than my PC had, and I played MTA without any problems. But what I'm wondering, it's still laptop. Has that small keyboard, smaller screen, etc. 

You can attach your keyboard to your laptop, the mouse as well and screen to a bigger one (Depending on its’ manufacturer.)

1 hour ago, Kotromanich said:

I'll buy a good laptop. Just wasn't sure is it safe to play any game on it. But if laptop is also good for gaming, that's perfect then.

Check for overheating problems with the computer you're going to get. I have a gateway, brand new, overheats like crazy. Can't game on it.

Funny thing, I have a Windows Tablet... it plays Owl. Use to play on it with Lauren Thompson. Works perfectly.

I am using Lenovo Legion Y720 and its working flawlessly. In the end the game really old and should run on any PC or laptop you can buy these days. About the keyboard you can attach external one. That's what I do. It might be uncomfortable without a second monitor though. :)

Honestly most laptops nowadays should be able to run MTA perfectly fine. I'm not talking about a second-hand one or one at £200. A laptop in around the £350-500 is more than suffice. I've been playing on a Toshiba 2012 Satellite for four years or so (bar the fact I've got a PC, I like to chillax on the bed) So, I can't help anymore than that :P

On 9/14/2017 at 5:59 AM, Camille said:

I got a nextbook ( notebook laptop ) with 32gb hdd and 2gb of ram. Intel Atom 1.33ghz and MTA runs well for me. I get 30fps on the server, something great for this laptop.

HOW?! :o 
I have this old Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 laptop running on Core i3, Intel HD3000 Graphics and 4gb of ram but I barely get 10fps. :( Areas with just even few players or custom exterior, my fps dramatically drops at 3-5fps.. :(

I played on laptop since 2010 up to recently. 
Long story short - if you can live with smaller screen size (since you mentioned that as a problem by yourself) then you -should- be fine.

Problems that many laptops actually have are something like this:

1) Overheating - depends on laptop model, but tbh none of the laptops I knew were good temperature-wise, if you play for more than 2 hours. Then again, I live in somewhat southern region, where temperature outside in summer is quite high, so...

2) Expensive repairs - pray for ur laptop not to break ever ever. It costs like 2x-3x bigger price to fix a laptop, comparing to PC. Not that breakdowns happen often but if somehow you'll manage to break something, prepare your wallet.

3) A bit worse performance in general - even if your laptop has better specs than previous PC, there's a thing which hard for me to explain, let's just say that duo to smaller size, cooling systems in laptop aren't as good as on PC's, so many devs just somewhat -cut- part of performance in order for laptop to work smoother and thus, live longer. In other words, if your laptop and PC would have exactly same specs, laptop would show a bit worse performance than PC. Then again, it would be more than enough for your needs, since you mentioned yourself that mta worked just fine on ur old pc.