Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jiggee

Selling Paintball guns or keeping the paintball arena open

I'd like to start off by saying that the Paintball event was a pretty fun thing that Owl did. Now that it's over i'd like to suggest the sale of Paintball guns ((Which would be remodeled to look like paintball guns))

or leaving the paintball arena open for players. 

The reason I suggest this is because I see opportunity in people starting up Paintball Leagues and hosting tournaments based around the script. 

>>sell guns
>>everyone gets them
>>goes to idlewood and wears mask
>>sprays everyone down and freezes him
>>?????
>>profit
kepeing it open wouldnt make it as exclusive and would make it ruin the fun in it. the competing part that is

Should probably use the proper format for submitting a script suggestion.
https://forums.owlgaming.net/forms/16-general-script-suggestion-ooc/

Any who, keeping paintball active 24/7 wouldn't be a good idea. The script serves as a once-in-a-while event and it attracts a good portion of the player base throughout the day (which is why we don't keep things like the Christmas event scripts turned on all year), drawing them away from roleplay and just messing about in the arenas. Paintball is fun, it's exciting but it shouldn't be available in game 24/7. Also er, the paintball gun remodeling can't really be done, because currently new models can't be added, you're only able to replace existing ones, so if we replaced normal guns with paintball guns, all firearm models replaced would be shown as paintball guns outside of the arena.

Consider the fact that not everyone in the server will know you're able to get them and also consider the fact that the script doesn't technically have to knock people down and freeze them.

It could possibly put up a /status above the player saying that the player has paint on him after getting hit by the paint/

The whole point of the Paintball Event is that it's an event. If you haven't noticed, it has turned into more of an OOC fest rather than an actual IC event. On top of that, if the arena were to be kept open, interest would eventually be diminished and the script would be virtually useless. It's opened every once in a while so it could get a lot of people interested and add a little bit of fuel to the fire.

-1 on this.

It would be nice to have some mock firearms to try and trick a guy, would lead to interesting fear RP (If people still do it...)

But at the same time, like others have mentioned above, the fun of the paintball event is because it is an event. 

+0 from me

Fuck this suggestion, why do you still care about the paintball event, it literally serves nothing but more OOC fuckery (call me a hypocrite but I admit I'm part of the OOC fuckery) instead suggest something that brings more fucking RP.