Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SadisticWolfoid

Where is the normal passive RP / social interaction between players these days?

I, who consider myself to be a serious role player, have role played for over 6-7 years and the one thing that I enjoy with role playing would be the passive / social RP. I, however, find a serious lack of this kind of role playing in this server. It's hard to find people passively standing about interacting with people, the old 'hubs' (i.e. Stacks) are overrun with new RPers who don't exactly know how to initiate RP (or RP properly whatsoever), or trolls. It infuriates me as making a new character is often depending on YOU having a plan to join up with a faction to do your good ol' RP and get your fix (we all have the urges, man), while others might just want to make a character to see where they can go with it.

It feels as though most actual good RP is found in factions, which is a bit of a shame because the factions often turn into a big ol' circlejerk where everybody knows everyone, and newcomers are generally looked down upon (speaking from personal experiences here). I'll pose you all with a question.
Where do YOU go to find good RP, to interact with others?

Clux X or other things at the weekends are -kinda- good at this sort of roleplay, but then it'll get closed down due to a bomb threat or a stabbing so it doesn't last too long. People have tried to establish clubs and locations in west LS for things like this but they rarely take off.

Sometimes you see adverts about bars opening, which can yield a good result depending on who's in there.

Restaurants sometimes open up, though they're a dead-end money sink business so it's rare.

Bars, meet up events, and the occasional house party are great to find RP interactions.

ClubX gets it's infamy from the Pizza Stack players that start shit with others that don't go to pizza stack, which is why we almost always get a The shooting/bombing in ClubX is voided  announcement

Opening up a social spot in a good area is also a great way to get RP

2 hours ago, remolten said:

Opening up a social spot in a good area is also a great way to get RP

I agree. Especially with how awful ClubX is with their security, I would love to see some more popular legal businesses for this sort of thing.