Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baga

Sons of Silence Motorcycle Club

EbyL7Rw.png

Sons of Silence

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sons of Silence Motorcycle Club (SOSMC) is a one-percenter motorcycle club that was founded in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the United States in 1966.[3] The first chapter outside Colorado was the Iowa chapter which was founded in 1968. There are now American chapters in Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. The first foreign chapter was founded in Munich, Germany in 1998. In 2001, more German chapters were founded in Freising, Gangkofen and Nürnberg. In November 2007, a Viernheim chapter was founded.[4]

The Sons of Silence's logo is an American eagle superimposed over the letter "A" (similar to, and taken from, the Anheuser-Buschlogo) flying under an arch and their motto is "donec mors non separat ", Latin for "until death separates us". The logo a patch that is sewn on the back of each full members vests.

Sons of Silence MC
Sons of Silence MC Patch.jpg
Motto donec mors non separat
Founded 1966[citation needed]
Key people Bruce "The Dude" Richardson
Type Outlaw motorcycle club
Region Midwestern and Southern United States; Southern Germany[1]
Membership 500 full-patch members[2]
Website www.sonsofsilence.com

Sons of Silence Los Santos Chapter

The chapter was founded by Harald Hochmeister and Norman Benson

Chapter Story

-Will be added soon-

Sons of Silence Chapters

The Sons of Silence Motorcycle Club have chapters in over a dozen states in the USA. In 1998 the outlaw club expanded their operations to Germany.

• Sons of Silence United States Chapters
    • Sons of Silence Arkansas Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Colorado Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Denver Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Florida Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Illinois Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Indianapolis, Indiana Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Kansas Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Kentucky Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Louisiana Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Minnesota Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Mississippi Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Missouri Chapter
    • Sons of Silence North Dakota Chapter
    • Sons of Silence South Dakota Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Tennessee Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Utah Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Wyoming Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Los Santos Chapter

7yQbaIJ.jpg

Sons of Silence MC Clubhouse Los Santos, Glen Park Ave. North

• Sons of Silence Nomads Chapter
  • Sons of Silence Germany Chapters
    • Sons of Silence Erding Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Freising Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Gangkofen Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Munich Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Nuremberg Chapter
    • Sons of Silence Viernheim Chapter

2 minutes ago, FAILCAKEZ said:

Isn't this directly from another community?

No.

2 minutes ago, Law said:

I'm quite confused here because it's literally stolen from a real Sons of Silence motorcycle club...

Other than that, best of luck?

It is taken from Wikipedia, yes.

Well yea, It's taken from wikipedia, this thread only gives the basic information about the MC and the chapter story is being written, don't see anything "wrong" about this, since the IG RP is the most significant.

This is from another community and so is the logo . The club itself is real, but it's technically a LSRP Copycat faction now as it's already been done 

http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132787

http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=372689

4 minutes ago, Guntars said:

topic 101, you need a story about your faction. I could assist on this and the Wikipedia formatting as well if you want, other than that good luck

I'd use some help, thanks.

14 minutes ago, Vinceeez said:

So how is it copied from another community? Their logo is extremely easy to make and they didn't steal anything from the LSRP thread.

There have been so many MCs IRL and virtually that you really can't create an unique MC

It's easy to copy something that already exists. To be unique, you must actually put effort into your ideas. There's 2 ways to make a unique faction in my opinion,

1) Something completely new.

2) Non original idea but based off another idea.

My issue is that the cliche of existing gangs branching out to new territories is extremely over used on Owl. Directly copying and pasting from wiki with minimal edits and taking a logo from another community that did the exact same copy pasting is just a example of the effort put into the creation of the faction. 

Make up a club, loosely base it off SOS but don't directly copy core history, re word it and make up new parts as you write. 

Dont take this as hate, take it as advice.

3 minutes ago, DrJoseEvil said:

It's easy to copy something that already exists. To be unique, you must actually put effort into your ideas. There's 2 ways to make a unique faction in my opinion,

1) Something completely new.

2) Non original idea but based off another idea.

My issue is that the cliche of existing gangs branching out to new territories is extremely over used on Owl. Directly copying and pasting from wiki with minimal edits and taking a logo from another community that did the exact same copy pasting is just a example of the effort put into the creation of the faction. 

Make up a club, loosely base it off SOS but don't directly copy core history, re word it and make up new parts as you write. 

Dont take this as hate, take it as advice.

We are working on the story.

Even though this is a club that exists IRL and you don't care if it's on LSRP, or care that you copied this from Wikipedia, it's just sad for all other faction leaders that put time and energy in building their own, original and creative faction story.

Please make up your own history man. You can write something based on that Wikipedia article...

4 minutes ago, tree said:

Even though this is a club that exists IRL and you don't care if it's on LSRP, or care that you copied this from Wikipedia, it's just sad for all other faction leaders that put time and energy in building their own, original and creative faction story.

Please make up your own history man. You can write something based on that Wikipedia article...

Well that's understandable but I think IG RP is more significant.
about the thread it's just taken from Wikipedia which is an open source for just OOC information. 

It's copied and pasted fair enough, but then again it isn't when you don't back it up with an elaborate backstory as to how the chapter came to be within the San Andreas state. For all the usually legal orientated mongs jumping into the thread and solely complaining over the fact it is a real life group, why on earth are you not harassing the likes of El Sindicato Vallarino for stemming off a real life cartel? You somehow still question the lines between reality and fiction, despite the fact our aim here is to actually reproduce a depiction of real life in the first place.

It's easier for larger organizations to stem out and be original be it syndicates, mafias, cartels. But with what is usually regarded as a minor organized crime group in comparison to what I've just listed, fair enough I'll defend him by saying it can be hard to come up with something original that has a genuine and distinct notoriety to it so I can see the appeal of taking on something that is real and just expanding it. Don't get me wrong though @baga you still need that backstory, otherwise I'm then agreeing with the majority here who aren't backing you and your faction up because ultimately all we want to see is effort and quality and more importantly fun.

Good luck, but take the criticism constructively and do something with it.