Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDM

Side impact with a tree/pole - Roleplay guide.

Hi,

I decided to make this as it seems like not many understands how dangerous sliding into a tree/pole is. This is created to make people understand these accidents, and will be able to roleplay them accordingly. 

First of all, accidents with tree's/poles are one of the leading causes of fatal accidents. It's because the side of a car got nothing at all to take all the energy from a crash from, so even low speed accidents can be serious. 

According to studies, a car having a side impact with a tree begins to be fatal when speeds hit 30 km/h. 

So keep that in mind, even at 30 km/h a side impact can be fatal, and this the older the car = the chance of death is higher obviously. 

Lets be honest, if you manage to hit a tree or a pole sideways in MTA, you were probably going faster than 30 km/h.

Let me quote from a study:

"...In summary, tree and pole crashes are the object struck in approximately 30-50% of fatal crashes in Australia. Injury outcomes in tree/pole crashes are typically worse than in car-to-car crashes."

Accident with tree's and poles is the reason for up to 50 percent of fatal accident, that's a big number = huge chance for death given just the fact you hit a tree/poles.

Thing is, airbags and seatbelts don't really help that much in these accidents. Because, most of the car is simply gone and you would probably be crushed to death.

Number of Belted Far Side Struck Occupants – NASS/CDS 1993-2002

image.png.6c57aef3c9a2944f7d95738316d7d1d8.png

Here's an actual example of something that happened in game. (It's not to blame anyone, it's just an excellent example.)

A car was driving on dirt roads, and lost control. Ended up sliding down a cliff/hill and hit a tree sideways.

That hill/cliff is insanely steep, and I believe you could imagine what speed and energy a car would get sliding down there. Not to talk about the HIGH possibility of it rolling over.

Spoiler

editthis.png

The red part shows how much of the car would be gone after the accident.

The chance of survival is minimal to none, just looking at how much of the car is completely crashed after the crash. This isn't just a fender bender, and it no it won't pop right back out.

Then there's also all the energy his body had to absorb during the accident, and that doesn't make chances of survival better.

I am more than certain that there is no possible way that somebody could survive this crash. If a miracle was to happen, the person wouldn't be able to walk ever again but the fatality is near 100 percent. 

My sources including photos, feel free to check/read them:

Spoiler

figure-2.jpg

Spoiler

side_impact2.jpg

Spoiler

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is aam51_p419f9.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3217499/

http://acrs.org.au/files/arsrpe/RS010004.pdf

http://www.sbes.vt.edu/gabler/publications/sae-2005-01-0287.pdf

(These images are quite strong for some people, I warn you.)

Spoiler

photos.medleyphoto.3577302.jpg

ford-taurus1.jpg 

182696_orig.pjpeg 

Billedresultat for Side impact with a tree

Billedresultat for Side impact with a tree

1 hour ago, BoBMaRL3Y said:

Lmao TFW you're just bored and have 0 idea what to do with your life.

1 hour ago, Squirdo said:

lol

Inspiration may have come from the recent CK appeal that you're both involved in but if you wouldn't mind pausing lubricating each other's assholes for a second and realise that in fact the effort placed into this thread is pretty decent and will aid people in their roleplay when it comes to these incidents, myself and the rest of the community would appreciate that. 

Good work @JDM

24 minutes ago, PoisonStream said:

I also like how people get hit by cars doing 30MPH+ and get up like it's nothing >.> Hit a dude in an ambulance going +70MPH and he just wanted to RP a broken arm.

Why do you care that someone doesn't want to RP their character being a wheelchair bound cripple in a make believe roleplay server?

Just now, Mail said:

Why do you care that someone doesn't want to RP their character being a wheelchair bound cripple in a make believe roleplay server?

Because anyone who gets hit by a car going over 30MPH is going to be pretty fucked up, and not RPing serious injury is powergaming.

And anyone hit by a car going 45MPH+ is pretty much dead or close to death, otherwise... it's PG. lol

Just now, PoisonStream said:

Because anyone who gets hit by a car going over 30MPH is going to be pretty fucked up, and not RPing serious injury is powergaming.

And anyone hit by a car going 45MPH+ is pretty much dead or close to death, otherwise... it's PG. lol

Why do you care that someone "powergamed" their character not being permanently disabled/dead in a situation like that? What do you personally gain from ruining their roleplay experience like that?

9 minutes ago, Mail said:

Why do you care that someone "powergamed" their character not being permanently disabled/dead in a situation like that? What do you personally gain from ruining their roleplay experience like that?

Well for my example, me hitting a dude going 70MPH+, the dude tried to get up and kick my ass.

What do I personally gain? Well by reporting this and it being enforced, the person has to RP their injuries or else they get punished. People who can't RP correctly and continue to mess up on purpose without learning get removed from the server. This limits the amount of "God-Like" people on the server, to which, makes RPing fun for me and everyone around me.

Edit: If you don't want to RP crippled or messed up characters, either don't do something stupid to put yourself in that position or just CK.