Zebulon

[General] - Change IG Speed Limits to realistic MPH numbers

Do you want this?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Moved to accepted. Was brought up at a recent UAT meeting, I believe we came to the conclusion that it wasn't that difficult to tweak but we'd need to ensure all other references to KPH are tweaked as well. No ETA so be patient.

2 hours ago, LavaDip said:

As a Canadian (you cant blame me), why not keep both? irl cars come with mph and kmh speedometers so why not keep them both? You can adjust the speed limits to be in favour of mph (35mph = 54kmh irl, but I don't mind the odd speed limit).

That's exactly what the suggestion is about.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:09 PM, LavaDip said:

As a Canadian (you cant blame me), why not keep both? irl cars come with mph and kmh speedometers so why not keep them both? You can adjust the speed limits to be in favour of mph (35mph = 54kmh irl, but I don't mind the odd speed limit).

On 9/25/2017 at 9:26 PM, usev25 said:

That's exactly what the suggestion is about.

Aye - you'll still be able to change your speedometer back and forth, ect, but the actual speed limits will be based then around MPH, not KPH as they are now. So instead of 65kph it would be 40 mph (like 64.4 kmh).

Done the conversions to MPH

30MPH:

hGjBriV.png

50MPH:

gbYlEp4.png

70MPH:

nzb4LIg.png

Also just in case people don't understand the icons for the speed limits have changed (I've also adjusted when the script detects if you're speeding or not but that isn't shown). 

( Ignore the mixmatch of icons, perks of working on an older version :P )

Edited by Unitts

On 8/23/2018 at 2:03 PM, Unitts said:

Done the conversions to MPH

30MPH:

hGjBriV.png

50MPH:

gbYlEp4.png

70MPH:

nzb4LIg.png

Also just in case people don't understand the icons for the speed limits have changed (I've also adjusted when the script detects if you're speeding or not but that isn't shown). 

( Ignore the mixmatch of icons, perks of working on an older version :P )

okay but like none of those are really normal speed limits (Typical U.S. speed limits go around 25 - 35 - 45 - 65, and 75 on some open highways outside of the cities)

still better than it was tho

1 hour ago, MindScape said:

okay but like none of those are really normal speed limits (Typical U.S. speed limits go around 25 - 35 - 45 - 65, and 75 on some open highways outside of the cities)

still better than it was tho

yeah idk why if you're going to go through the process of changing the speed limits for realism why not use the ACTUAL speed limits used in the US. doesn't really make sense and should be tweaked even further.

I mean in the city the speed limit would actually be 25 mph depending on if it's a housing district, then 15 mph.. Highways are 75 and interstates are 65. back roads are 50 mph. Considering Los Santos is basically Cali, which is in the US.. The speed limits should be in MPH not KMH by default.. 

+1 from me.

@Unitts Hey bud, I see that you have made the speeds more realistic for miles per hour, just curious If you could tell us the time frame of the script being added. I can't wait!