Sign in to follow this  
Zebulon

[General] - Citizenship Selection

Citizenship Selection  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in this addition?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe, with some perimeters applied.

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Citizenship Selection

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
General

What is the suggestion?-
The suggestion is simple: When new characters are being created, you're able to select your character's citizenship and perhaps "legal status" and your character would receive the appropriate passport or lack there of. Also, after X amount of time in LS that person might be able to be granted citizenship etc.

What are the advantages?-
- Depth of RP for Criminals and LEO's alike.
- "Realism"
- Support for ethnic based RP groups.

What are the disadvantages?-

None really other than it would cause "illegals" to have to be much more careful and it could be that if they are found-out, that they may be deported.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
Negative.

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
It would be part of the character creation bit, much like language selection.

This is probably the third time this has been suggested. I remember making a similar suggestion a long while back. I absolutely agree with it. I'd love to see people legitimately be illegal immigrants. They can't get a drivers license or state ID unless forged and have no MDC account. Of course, an arrest could lead to deportation, possibly meaning a CK

On 6/30/2017 at 10:35 AM, GentleFart said:

Brilliant idea, I can finally make Negwambe - The African Warlord whom is hiding from child support payments

Why role play something that you do in real life?

On 6/29/2017 at 3:29 PM, Color said:

Make it so that it's granted only to certain people else we'll be RPing in a country like Sweden, full of emigrants.

It's america, as much as we are isolated, we're got a load of them also. I don't think restricting it so much is needed.

The only thing making me hesitant about this is the entire 'deported = ck' idea - I don't like it. It means the character is gone forever, but if they got here illegally once, what's stopping them from getting here illegally again? Or what if they want to apply for full citizenship and get her legally now in the future after? There needs to be a full rule-set/system in place to accompany this. 

57 minutes ago, Chaos said:

No need for script support with this. Just RP it.

And if it really gets to the point where PD is investigating or something, you can always have an admin place it in your /check.

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

No need for script support with this. Just RP it.

Question,

When someone is RP'ly deported the character gets CK'd by an admin. Can said character get unCK'd if the player wishes to RP entering the country again whether it's legally or illegaly?

20 hours ago, Toast said:

Question,

When someone is RP'ly deported the character gets CK'd by an admin. Can said character get unCK'd if the player wishes to RP entering the country again whether it's legally or illegaly?

Pretty sure if you were found illegally in a country and deported you can't apply to legally come back. You get blacklisted. Regardless this would probably a rule discussion

5 hours ago, Vincesportsman2 said:

Illegal immigrants shouldn't appear on the MDC. That's the main purpose of the script suggestion I believe.

That is basically exactly the reason.

7 hours ago, Vincesportsman2 said:

Illegal immigrants shouldn't appear on the MDC. That's the main purpose of the script suggestion I believe.

This.

Simple fix, add a command for administrators to be able to disable the ability of someone showing up on the MDC, and a command to counter the action.

38 minutes ago, JameZ said:

This.

Simple fix, add a command for administrators to be able to disable the ability of someone showing up on the MDC, and a command to counter the action.

In addition to that, they shouldn't be able to get a driver's license or ID without someone forging one for them (probably someone RPing forging an ID or license and admin spawns it in, but there's no MDC record of it)

On 7/3/2017 at 7:55 AM, Alfa1561 said:

In addition to that, they shouldn't be able to get a driver's license or ID without someone forging one for them (probably someone RPing forging an ID or license and admin spawns it in, but there's no MDC record of it)

Not like a fake driver's license will help, when they go and try and run it then and see it doesn't show up. Blocking them from getting one would be good tho