Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaos

Payday changes

Planning to make some changes to how PayDay's work. Make them daily? Weekly? How would you view your payday if you were offline when it got processed? 

Some things to think about, we also have to think about how we handle taxes from now on and faction payments. For example if a faction changes your wage halfway through the week, from a script standpoint it might just make the most sense to apply the new wage on the next weekly paycheque or just go day by day? 

Ideas posted here will be discussed at the next UA meeting along with the discussions that were posted about expanding RP zones.

Thanks everyone! You're pretty cool.

Hourly, based on on-duty time, processed at the end of the week, maybe? Definitely should be able to change pay amount and it doesn't lower your pay from previous accumulated time.

I don't know - I don't actually mind the current system much. 

Daily paychecks would be better since the current system doesn't register the full hour if you're standing still for too long, even if that means typing whilst doing so.

48 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Let's not go too far.

giphy.gif

The reason being is mainly for realism sake and hourly paycheques are something I've got a lot of complaints about for various reasons like unrealistic taxing, people not logging in on payday hours to avoid tax, and unrealistic salaries.

If the community turns out to not want the change then so be it, that's what this thread is for. It would take awhile to do anyways.

Well, if the paychecks change to a longer standpoint, I'd expect to see the interest increase as well, correct?

Just leave it as it is. If people abuse the system and log to avoid getting taxed, you could make it so the payday doesn't come for everyone at the same time, but rather for everyone individually when 1 hour of playtime passes.

Paychecks should be changed to be honest, the current system is the same one that has been used on previous generation of servers. I feel the payday system should be changed. Starting with taxes, I feel taxes should accumulate over the week and then every Sunday if you're offline or online your taxes are paid.

Now for the actual payday itself I feel the system should pay you every 24 hours but the script counts how many of them hours you're online and if the player is in a faction it should count how many of them hours they're on duty/ off duty. Now say the player doesn't log in all day, they get 0 on payday, but say the player logins for 7-8 hours then the script will pay them on the 24 hour mark for them 7-8 hours of activity.

State Benefits. I feel state benefits shouldn't really be an automated thing. The reason behind this is welfare is something you have to apply for and if state benefits was something ran by the Gov faction it would create fun roleplay for everyone including people trying to cheat the gov ;).

Just my opinion of what I feel would be pretty cool to see. 

I say leave it the way it is right now but adjust the taxes algorithm. Taxes should pe paid lets say - once a week. The formula i had in mind was - current taxes * the hours played during the week on a specific alt. It can get really expensive though. Im sure someone would have a better idea though. If a player has not played on that character, he should pay the taxes of one play hour. In my opinion, quite fair judging that everyone's payday is in surplus anyways.

Lower hourly interest by like 75% of what it is now. Make paychecks go off even when offline and them stack up to be paid once a week.

6 hours ago, Vincesportsman2 said:

Make it to where you need to go manually cash your checks.. Get people out of their houses every once in awhile.

Also give us a chance to choose which taxes to pay and such, more RP for gov and the cops if someone decides not to pay them.

6 hours ago, Vincesportsman2 said:

Make it to where you need to go manually cash your checks.. Get people out of their houses every once in awhile.

This wouldn't be a bad idea really, be pretty cool to see people lining up at the bank (not like actually lining up I mean assemble) to pay in their weekly checks.

Changing the payday system may be a good idea to lower the amount of money being spawned in the server.

I'd suggest not to change the way it's being spawned. We live in a modern world and a lot of transactions from the Government are automated.

However, how much and when it's being spawned is indeed in need of a review.

But I'd much more prefer to see it hurt the richer class instead of the poorer again. But at the same time, make sure they don't get rich fast either.

So 2 things: Slow down the process of getting rich on payday's and make rich people poorer with paydays.

Making rich people poor with payday's can be done by adjusting taxes.

A simple example would be a tax on interests. 

4 minutes ago, Belgica said:

So 2 things: Slow down the process of getting rich on payday's and make rich people poorer with paydays.

Making rich people poor with payday's can be done by adjusting taxes.

A simple example would be a tax on interests. 

Your plan to ruin Franco's wealth amuses me :)

But in all seriousness, please make this happen.

@Chaos If I can say mine, I think it should be put weekly, as well of the rent for houses/apartments and vehicle taxes set weekly too, let's say that you get Paid every Friday? Along with the payday, it pulls the rent/tax/and vehicle tax along with it, that makes it more realistic, and makes an actual faction work have more meaning to it, this way, you really need to show efforts to get a payrise within your job aswell.

would be cool if it was processed even while you're offline, but if you don't log in for let's say two weeks or whenever the inactivity scanner starts it'll stop giving you paychecks.