[Faction] - Parking tickets for BoTS

OwlGaming.png

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script(s)?-

Parking tickets for BoTS

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?-
Faction

What is the suggestion?-
In the may update you there has been parking tickets released which is added for PD, I feel this could also be added to BoTS as it could open another division in the company seeing as we tow vehicles anyways.

Also make it so you can see if a ticket has already been placed on the vehicle. for example if a ticket has been put on the vehicle, BoTS and PD can see if the vehicle has already got a ticket placed on it. 

This will prevent BoTs just towing the vehicle straight away

What are the advantages?-
Opening up more jobs and more roleplay within the faction.

What are the disadvantages?-

In the wrong hands it can be abused.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?-
new script

How would you go about implementing this idea?-
Just adding it to BoTS.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We were waiting for a suggestion like this. Will add if the community supports it.

But does BoTS have access to the MDC? Since a MDC account is required for issuing tickets now.

They do but it is slightly different to PD's 

Edit made to original post

Also make it so you can see if a ticket has already been placed on the vehicle. for example if a ticket has been put on the vehicle, BoTS and PD can see if the vehicle has already got a ticket placed on it. 

This will prevent BoTs just towing the vehicle straight away

I'd support the idea, but the fact would be that BoTS would have to enforce certain member restriction and corruption restrictions to some level. Right now, may it not be very related to the fact, but it's sometime's really awkward seeing that BoTS employee's are dealing drugs. And, I wouldn't want a BoTS employee handing out parking tickets for no certain reason.

Generally a good idea, but BoTS would have to increase the standards they have currently in the faction sadly, I'm not talking about the upper brass, but some of the lower brass members need to cool it off.

11 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I'd support the idea, but the fact would be that BoTS would have to enforce certain member restriction and corruption restrictions to some level. Right now, may it not be very related to the fact, but it's sometime's really awkward seeing that BoTS employee's are dealing drugs. And, I wouldn't want a BoTS employee handing out parking tickets for no certain reason.

Generally a good idea, but BoTS would have to increase the standards they have currently in the faction sadly, I'm not talking about the upper brass, but some of the lower brass members need to cool it off.

There's already corruption rules against any serious crimes/felonies, towing for no reason, etc.

Just now, usev25 said:

There's already corruption rules against any serious crimes/felonies, towing for no reason, etc.

Then, either the rule isn't being followed or there's many people allowed for corruption. Anyways, my basic point was that things need to fire up and get better.

19 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Then, either the rule isn't being followed or there's many people allowed for corruption. Anyways, my basic point was that things need to fire up and get better.

Well being Management in BOTS no one has corruption perms nor aloud.

Not sure if I understand how that system will work.

BoTS comes along, tickets the car and tows it at the same time, essentially making the owner pay twice to BoTS for a single illegal parking?

Or if they implement a system where if a car hasn't been moved for, as an example, 20 minutes after ticketing, it gets towed - what if two BoTS employees come along (at different times in that span of 20 minutes, of course), and ticket the same vehicle twice for being parked at the same spot? Since BoTS hasn't got access to MDC to see when the vehicle was issued a ticket.

That's a ton of flaws, both IC & OOC ones that would, in my perspective, get caused by allowing BoTS to ticket vehicles.

I don't think it makes sense for BoTS to actually be able to ticket vehicles anyways. They're technically a government agency but they're not Traffic ENFORCEMENT, are they? I think it should stick to PD, unless BoTS is going to implement new LEO Ranks for Parking Enforcement Officers. 

I do however, support them having the ability to see if a car has been ticketed.

I don't think a Towing company should be able to hand out traffic tickets to drivers. Tickets are for peace officers and for peace officers only. The Traffic Bureau's role is 100% auxiliary, meaning they only transport vehicles and auction them off if need be. You can't open a division within BoTS that acts as traffic enforcement officers.

BoTS employees are hardly even trained on traffic violations and they are not in a position to hand out monetary citations to civilians. That is completely up to trained officers and the LSPD even has such a division, that focuses on traffic violations and MVAs, aka TED.

I agree with giving BoTS the ability to see if there is a ticket on the vehicle's windshield, but not with giving them the right to issue tickets. Like....Whaaaaat? The ticket system is there for the LSPD, and that gives TED the ability to focus more on traffic-related misdemeanors and infractions. Having a non-related towing company issue tickets on illegaly parked vehicles is unecessary, if not illegal under federal law.

47 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I don't think a Towing company should be able to hand out traffic tickets to drivers. Tickets are for peace officers and for peace officers only. The Traffic Bureau's role is 100% auxiliary, meaning they only transport vehicles and auction them off if need be. You can't open a division within BoTS that acts as traffic enforcement officers.

BoTS employees are hardly even trained on traffic violations and they are not in a position to hand out monetary citations to civilians. That is completely up to trained officers and the LSPD even has such a division, that focuses on traffic violations and MVAs, aka TED.

I agree with giving BoTS the ability to see if there is a ticket on the vehicle's windshield, but not with giving them the right to issue tickets. Like....Whaaaaat? The ticket system is there for the LSPD, and that gives TED the ability to focus more on traffic-related misdemeanors and infractions. Having a non-related towing company issue tickets on illegaly parked vehicles is unecessary, if not illegal under federal law.

its unless they are basing it off of  Philadelphia Parking Authority  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Parking_Authority )

Isn't this a legislation issue?

As MindScape said:

16 hours ago, MindScape00 said:

I don't think it makes sense for BoTS to actually be able to ticket vehicles anyways. They're technically a government agency but they're not Traffic ENFORCEMENT, are they? I think it should stick to PD, unless BoTS is going to implement new LEO Ranks for Parking Enforcement Officers. 

I do however, support them having the ability to see if a car has been ticketed.

Once made official IC'ly, it could get the script-wise support.

1 hour ago, stevenaramos said:

its unless they are basing it off of  Philadelphia Parking Authority  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Parking_Authority )

I could find other Bureaus that do the same with Phily, but still, they are not a strictly towing/auctioning company/bureau.

And I don't think it is wise to bring up legislation that shares a Law Enforcement Agency's duties with a governmental Auxiliary Bureau. ONLY LEAs should be able to issue citations. That includes the LSPD, State Police, County Sheriff Offices and whatnot. What is seen in many countries however, is the existence of a Municipal Police, which pretty much handles parking violations e.t.c. But this is not the case here. At least they are bearing the Police title.

Below is an example of how a ticket is layed out before a civilian. The template itself was made by me a year ago, but it was based off an actual traffic citation:

The Department of Motor Vehicles is the one providing the format, and it is strictly to be filled out by an actual Police Officer, as mentioned on the ticket, and given to the motorist.

18 hours ago, Tremmert said:

Not sure if I understand how that system will work.

BoTS comes along, tickets the car and tows it at the same time, essentially making the owner pay twice to BoTS for a single illegal parking?

Or if they implement a system where if a car hasn't been moved for, as an example, 20 minutes after ticketing, it gets towed - what if two BoTS employees come along (at different times in that span of 20 minutes, of course), and ticket the same vehicle twice for being parked at the same spot? Since BoTS hasn't got access to MDC to see when the vehicle was issued a ticket.

That's a ton of flaws, both IC & OOC ones that would, in my perspective, get caused by allowing BoTS to ticket vehicles.

BoTS Has MDC so it wouldn't be a problem there.  I get what your getting at but the same could be said for PD.
One PD comes along and puts a ticket on the car, then another PD comes along and tickets a car and then another one tickets it and then calls BoTS to tow it in a matter of 20 mins.

Or even PD ticketing a car and then calling BoTs to tow it anyways.

There is tons of flaws in everything in life and there is always going to be negatives and I can easily turn this around and aim it towards PD or anyone who has this script.

1 hour ago, Snipes said:

BoTS Has MDC so it wouldn't be a problem there.  I get what your getting at but the same could be said for PD.
One PD comes along and puts a ticket on the car, then another PD comes along and tickets a car and then another one tickets it and then calls BoTS to tow it in a matter of 20 mins.

Or even PD ticketing a car and then calling BoTs to tow it anyways.

There is tons of flaws in everything in life and there is always going to be negatives and I can easily turn this around and aim it towards PD or anyone who has this script.

That's why the PD has MDC to check the latest time a ticket was issued before issuing another ticket, hence why I even mentioned it in my previous post. This is something that should've been logical and wouldn't require explanation.

Regardless, most of the points above from other posters are quite valid, no need to repeat them.

Once when my game crashed and my car was left in q parking lot at a gas station and BoTS just towed it immediately and I don't think it'd be necessary to allow them to ticket vehicles as well,

realistically tow companies cannot do this and I really dont wanna be dealing with false ticketing along side false towing at times, it'd be too much hassle for management to deal with when the TT operators make a mistake

No