Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craazy

Your ultimate guide to Virtual Market!

Hi. My name is Kavian, but you can refer to me as Master Poon Slayer 4/20. I'm here to teach you the basics of the virtual market on OwlGaming.

What is the virtual market? The virtual market concept was brought to OwlGaming in 2015 by the Faction Management Team. The concept of virtual market is selling drugs or making drug sales to the realistic drug abusing "NPCs". In clearer words, it is you, representing your character and/or faction, and selling drugs to passive-roleplayed characters.

Similar to the PD's use of NPC 911 calls and NPC witnesses which would be common in a location where the crime is occurring and the NPC is usually roleplayed by an admin... the VM's use of NPCs includes you, the player, passively roleplaying the characters via your own roleplay and therefore, you are the one controlling the character interacting with you. A drug-abuser of your choice can be roleplayed via a /do, and this drug-abuser can be any figment of your imagination, as long as it is realistic of course. This can range from your friendly neighbourhood crackhead, to your daily teen pothead, maybe a hippy, some party fanatics, etc.

Alright, now that you understand what virtual market is, the rest of the guide is to help you virtual market successfully and begin making $$$ like a regular.

You're going to need the following items...

1. At least a 100 grams of any drug. In the case of pills and hallucinogens, you'd need at least a 100 tabs.

2. A location. This can be on a street or most commonly a street's corner. It can also be inside a house, most commonly a trap house or abandoned house. Or you can even virtual market out of a store.

Remember, the amount of drugs you try to sell is determined by you, but the amount of drugs you DO sell is determined by FMT and it is dependant on realistic factors. For example, not a lot of people go inside a store looking for crack-cocaine so you may not make as much sales in a business location than on a street in the ghetto. Be realistic.

Okay so now we've got 100 grams of... let's say it's cocaine. And you've also got a location... let's say it's a street. We're going to go ahead and stand on the corner of this realistically popular street, and await. Now the most basic of all plans is to generally wait until you are approached by the characters that you plan to passive roleplay. 

It is more looked up upon if you create your own unique way of obtaining customers and handling them. Some people passive-roleplay contacting their customers with phones, where a meetup is scheduled. Others who run a "trap house" just wait for their customers to step into the house, and place an order.

Now that we're on the corner of the street, we're going to go ahead and begin our journey to virtual market.

You'll want to start by writing /time or utilise your watch if you have one in your inventory. You should get something like this...

*The time is 13:40:08

or...

* Nick Chow looks at their watch. *
The time is 17:40.

After you've gotten a time stamp, that means you're ready to begin passive roleplaying. I personally enjoy having a few lines of roleplay with your own character before you want to passive-roleplay a drug-abuser to come up to you, but for this guide, we'll get straight into it. Your roleplay with yourself and the passive character should go something like this.

9b339ed6c6436ee68279c24a8d4fdf91.png

*Nick Chow continues standing on the street, looking around the vicinity.

*An African-American male, in his 50s, and wearing a camouflage jacket, approaches Nick.*           ((Nick Chow))

*He appears homeless, and smells lightly of whiskey.*            ((Nick Chow))

[English] Nick Chow says: What up, cuhz? Can I help you?

*The male speaks up, extending his left hand out as he scratches his elbow.*          ((Nick Chow))

*"Yeah, uh... my man, my friend, uh... you got some, got some yayo or somn'?*           ((Nick Chow))

*Nick Chow chuckles.*

[English] Nick Chow says: Yeah... yeah, I got you, man.

*Nick Chow reaches into his right pocket, pulling out a small baggie of white powder as he -

- offers it to the male.*          ((Nick Chow))

*The male extends his hand out, reaching into his pocket as he withdraws a few crumpled bills -*          ((Nick Chow))

*- as he then offers it to Nick in exchange for the coke.*          ((Nick Chow))

*"Thanks man, I appreciate this shit."*          ((Nick Chow))

[English] Nick Chow says: No problem, buddy. Come back again.

*Nick Chow chuckles, counting the cash before pocketing it.

Notice how I did not specify the amount I sold or the amount I was paid? It is recommended to be done this way, as the Faction Team determines all your sales and income. Anyways... the roleplay above was completely finished by me after around 6 minutes. You can take a one-two minute break after a roleplay like so, or you can passive roleplay something else while you think of another customer to passive-roleplay approaching you. During this roleplay, you're going to want to take a few screenshots to send along your logs to the FT.

After 45 minutes to 60 minutes, you'll have a long set of logs of you roleplaying with your passive customers, and you can finish your session of virtual market by typing /time or utilising the watch if you got one in your inventory. And now, we can move on to getting paid for our virtual market! You're going to want to start by gathering your logs of the entire session.

You can find logs up to a week from here (C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\logs) or (C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\logs). Logs may be found from other sources too in the MTA San Andreas 1.5 folder however, C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\logs is a 100% source for logs. You can post your logs into the Faction Team form directly or you can simply place them into a paste-bin at (https://pastebin.com). Then take your screenshots, and place it into any image-sharing website... most people use imgur, at (http://imgur.com)

Now save the link to your logs and screenshots and you can go ahead and create a VM contact to the Faction Team using this form.

After you're halfway done through the form, it should look something like this...

484d8e337ae67e95d6dfc743f9049fb5.png21d0fb30f8ff977ff1bb3a9dc044a132.png

Once you're completely finished the form, you can then go ahead and press the SEND button and that's when you'll begin waiting until the Faction Team responds to you via a Forum PM or other things. And... that's just about it. If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this thread and I'll get back to that ASAP.

Hope this helped.

Nice guide, really useful for people who're not involved in criminal roleplay (people like me :p).

instructions unclear, d*ck got stuck in cocaine bag.

EDIT: MTA San Andreas 1.5/mods/deathmatch/resources/OwlGamingLogs is also a source for getting logs and more optional. @Craazy

#MakeThisNiggaFMTAlready

42 minutes ago, GeroXy said:

instructions unclear, d*ck got stuck in cocaine bag.

EDIT: MTA San Andreas 1.5/mods/deathmatch/resources/OwlGamingLogs is also a source for getting logs and more optional. @Craazy

mine are in MTA San Andreas 1.4 for some reason. I was scared to make a comment on it. Please don't judge me.

1 minute ago, Craazy said:

mine are in MTA San Andreas 1.4 for some reason. I was scared to make a comment on it. Please don't judge me.

Mine were in 1.4 before i format too. It's normal.

So I have 400g Cocaine and I do this rp and send the logs and screens to FMT and how much money I get. Can you give example of earnings from selling 100g coke?  BTW nice guide never knew bout this lel. 

@Craazy

58 minutes ago, GeroXy said:

Mine were in 1.4 before i format too. It's normal.

Mine are in MTA 1.3 ... fuck ya'll even talking about...

OT: Great guide! You forgot to say that RPing alone for 1 hour staight makes you bored out of your life, it's torture xp

2 minutes ago, fr0sty00 said:

So I have 400g Cocaine and I do this rp and send the logs and screens to FMT and how much money I get. Can you give example of earnings from selling 100g coke?  BTW nice guide never knew bout this lel. 

Depends if you usually VM in that place or not, and if the place is a drug hot spot or not, amd if you have competetors or not. I VM'd 365 Grams, but only 175 got accepted, $43 each gram.

8 minutes ago, radhwan said:

Mine are in MTA 1.3 ... fuck ya'll even talking about...

OT: Great guide! You forgot to say that RPing alone for 1 hour staight makes you bored out of your life, it's torture xp

Depends if you usually VM in that place or not, and if the place is a drug hot spot or not, amd if you have competetors or not. I VM'd 365 Grams, but only 175 got accepted, $43 each gram.

Alright thanks for the info. I got like 2 kilos of drugs in my safe and this will be a good way to sell them. 

Sadly, the drug scene is kind of broken.  During the near two years i've spent here, I havent met ONE dealer that sells anything else besides weed, coke or crack or weapons. FMT has to do something.

Another tip for the VM:

Dont rp clients right after each other, looks unrealistic as fuck.

Personally, I rp a client every 5 minutes.

24 minutes ago, smirklis said:

Sadly, the drug scene is kind of broken.  During the near two years i've spent here, I havent met ONE dealer that sells anything else besides weed, coke or crack or weapons. FMT has to do something.

Maybe you aren't looking for it properly. The most common drugs ( weed , cocaine and/or crack ) are often sold personally because they're 'easy' to obtain and apart from VMing it, most people also try and interact ingame because there's high demand.

Regarding LSD, ecstasy and what not, they're barely sold without passive RP ( Virtual Market ) as the demand is not high enough.

1 hour ago, Lartsa said:

Finally a proper guide, good stuff.

just stfu triyune wstbruke <3

17 minutes ago, Novanard said:

just stfu triyune wstbruke <3

i'd fuck you up, but im busy eating my kebab. you're lucky to get out this easy.

4 hours ago, LokiHavok said:

VM Roleplay Rules

• Only RP passive characters when others players are not around during your session. It's incredibly awkward and immersion breaking, otherwise.
  • When around other player characters, you ARE REQUIRED to advertise your wares. Hawking on the street about your products will earn you bonuses.
  • If player character wishes to buy, you must oblige. If you refuse, it will reflect negatively on your final calculations.
  • You must have the drugs on you at all times. If you are observed without them during VM you will be barred from the system.
  • You must try your best to stay in the area. If you leave the area your session will be forfe
  • One Session Per Week Min
  • One Hour Per Session Min
  • Defunct - 7th Day of no activity
  • Abandoned - 14th day of no activity.
  • One Drug Operation per character. Thus only fill out the form once per character.
  • One Drug Operation per Area per Faction. This is your starting core as a faction.
  • Minimum of 100g. Any less will be denied outright. Sell to other players first.
  • List all personnel, initially. It is extremely important.

BUMP
Great job.