Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brett

Two Law Enforcement Factions

Law Enforcement Factions  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need two law enforcement factions?

• Yes, make another one.
    • No, only one.

LSPD is on it's knee's right now with the lack of man-power they have. Instead of diverting all of the potential man-power over to another faction, jump in and help them out. It's all law enforcement at the end of the day. The only reason a lot of people swayed to HP back in the day was because they didn't agree with LSPD's leadership. I see no complaints about @Tremmert or @Express and are very great leaders for the faction. Therefore it makes zero sense to make another law enforcement faction. We are unfortunately not a big enough community to support two without effecting other sectors of roleplay. 

Well, I don't really know how to react to this post, I suppose I'll just leave my opinion, not that it matters much, but... Back in... 2014/2015, I believe, I used to roleplay in the LSPD, I made my way up to the training and recruitment division, and I was there for quite a while, eventually taking part on its leadership, the roleplay back then was very poor, even from people who were already supposed to know how to roleplay it properly. I believe I can say I did a good job back at the time, I seemed to have improve the LEO roleplay for a few people atleast. I also witnessed what I believe it was the first Sheriff Department??? I do enjoy the idea, as right now, I'm working with a few friends on trying to make county roleplay a bit more present around the server. I would support this, if led under it's previous leadership. But, in order for this to work, people have to roleplay slightly more in the county, otherwise, I can already sense the department just driving around. Anyways, I wish the best of lucks if this really goes forward.

6 hours ago, Kyan said:

why tho

This will harm the community more than help as Shanks and Lewis have pointed out.

11 hours ago, Kyan said:

why tho

Like Chaos pointed out, adding another main law enforcement faction on our roleplay server would be harmful to the community's overall roleplay. There's previous factions that can be looked back upon to prove this, such as the  SAHP and it's previous incarnations. 

Tell PD to fix themselves then and remove the mic requirement its unfair xxx

On 5/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, Franco said:

Like Chaos pointed out, adding another main law enforcement faction on our roleplay server would be harmful to the community's overall roleplay. There's previous factions that can be looked back upon to prove this, such as the  SAHP and it's previous incarnations. 

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

On 5/5/2017 at 0:17 AM, xSweg said:

Tell PD to fix themselves then and remove the mic requirement its unfair xxx

No, the mic is an essential part. Try driving and typing, if you tell me /backup it when pursuiting - no, that button is a panic button used mainly for officer down' sits / distress calls.

9 hours ago, DanielV said:

No, the mic is an essential part. Try driving and typing, if you tell me /backup it when pursuiting - no, that button is a panic button used mainly for officer down' sits / distress calls.

To be totally honest. They could make a bind to call it out and then everyone else could follow their flashing blip on the map. That's pretty much what everyone does anyways. 

In regards to the poll.

Do I think we need two LEO Factions? No.

Do I think we want two LEO Factions? Apparently so.

The server peaks around 100-150 players a day. The LSPD lack manpower and active members. Creating a section faction like the SAHP and such, yes, is nice. Yes. It's cool. Yes it creates different RP and options/choices. However it fucks over alot.

When HP/PD merged into the SD, I was pretty disappointed. I enjoyed the HP. I still miss the HP days. It was nice to have the difference and change, and the choice to be in PD/HP under different leaders with two very different atmospheres surrounding them.

However. With what is considered quite a low playerbase, alongside quite an inactive LEO faction already, it's better to focus moreso on the faction we have. If PD was more stable and more active, then perhaps a small (20player??) secondary faction could be cool. As long as both would remain active and functioning without issues. 

Yet the main post here is saying "PD sucks. We need another alternative where there's no issues." That's not how you fix shit. Go to the cause; If it's faction leadership, address them directly in PMs/Conversation. Tell them your concerns. Your worries. Your ideas. Offer your support. If they refuse/fail to fix anything, and issues still persist, then perhaps take it up to Faction Management. Let them review it. If they agree with you, they'll help sort out the issues. If not, then perhaps just you have the problem with the faction.

Creating a second faction to "fix issues" when the main faction supposedly has internal and external issues already is just purely retarded.

In regards to the comment I've seen thrown about about mic requirement, imo, dumb requirement. With the map blips for cruisers integrated plus the ability to merely have a quick bind set up to /r that you're in pursuit, there shouldn't be an issue. Afterall, if I recall correctly, quite some time ago everyone was on the war path to force everyone to use /r rather than teamspeak unless absolutely needed (massive shootouts etc). 

Chill your shit. Fix issues. Don't make more.

2 hours ago, SazLore said:

In regards to the poll.

Do I think we need two LEO Factions? No.

Do I think we want two LEO Factions? Apparently so.

The server peaks around 100-150 players a day. The LSPD lack manpower and active members. Creating a section faction like the SAHP and such, yes, is nice. Yes. It's cool. Yes it creates different RP and options/choices. However it fucks over alot.

When HP/PD merged into the SD, I was pretty disappointed. I enjoyed the HP. I still miss the HP days. It was nice to have the difference and change, and the choice to be in PD/HP under different leaders with two very different atmospheres surrounding them.

However. With what is considered quite a low playerbase, alongside quite an inactive LEO faction already, it's better to focus moreso on the faction we have. If PD was more stable and more active, then perhaps a small (20player??) secondary faction could be cool. As long as both would remain active and functioning without issues. 

Yet the main post here is saying "PD sucks. We need another alternative where there's no issues." That's not how you fix shit. Go to the cause; If it's faction leadership, address them directly in PMs/Conversation. Tell them your concerns. Your worries. Your ideas. Offer your support. If they refuse/fail to fix anything, and issues still persist, then perhaps take it up to Faction Management. Let them review it. If they agree with you, they'll help sort out the issues. If not, then perhaps just you have the problem with the faction.

Creating a second faction to "fix issues" when the main faction supposedly has internal and external issues already is just purely retarded.

In regards to the comment I've seen thrown about about mic requirement, imo, dumb requirement. With the map blips for cruisers integrated plus the ability to merely have a quick bind set up to /r that you're in pursuit, there shouldn't be an issue. Afterall, if I recall correctly, quite some time ago everyone was on the war path to force everyone to use /r rather than teamspeak unless absolutely needed (massive shootouts etc). 

Chill your shit. Fix issues. Don't make more.

I was going to agree with the first part, then I saw this;

Not sure if you were around when Maxime ran the server. But despite all the complaining about him before he actually decided to leave, do you think it was YOU who had the problem with Maxime and not Maxime being the problem, a while before actually leaving? And I mean you being all the players who had a problem with Maximes inactivity. Not you yourself. So this logic is flawed as it cannot apply to every situation, although I do get what you are trying to say. And although you don't see all that was in the background of this, I can assure you that the issue was affecting multiple legal factions and was not getting solved despite us going to them to fix it. Hence, where this came from.

Pretty sure we can drop this discussion already. @Brett is already helping the LSPD by joining it. I'm confident the LSPD will be fine for the foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, Kyan said:

just a question, how's adding an additional law enforcement faction will harm the community?

Simply not enough players.

My opinion? Two wrongs do not make a right. That being said, fix the LSPD, fix the justice system, if you actually want people roleplaying as criminals here.

Why make another law-enforcement faction when the first one isn't even done right.

On 2017-5-7 at 5:39 AM, Franco said:

Pretty sure we can drop this discussion already. @Brett is already helping the LSPD by joining it. I'm confident the LSPD will be fine for the foreseeable future.

I'll lock this up then.