Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brett

Two Law Enforcement Factions

Law Enforcement Factions  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need two law enforcement factions?

• Yes, make another one.
    • No, only one.

Just now, einschtein said:

I always liked having 2 separate PD factions. because of the exact reasons you stated. But in the end, most of the people were to immature to handle such thing and problems used to be taken OOC instead of IC. 

Those were the days when the leadership argued icly and courts icly stepped in to manage. Actual role play. Now we have only OOC solutions.

Just now, Brett said:

Those were the days when the leadership argued icly and courts icly stepped in to manage. Actual role play. Now we have only OOC solutions.

Exactly. The start of SAHP was great, I loved it a lot and I'd vote for it to get back anytime. The only problem is, we need someone 100% able to run it.

1 minute ago, einschtein said:

Exactly. The start of SAHP was great, I loved it a lot and I'd vote for it to get back anytime. The only problem is, we need someone 100% able to run it.

I put my name in the hat, but I am 100% in agreement. 

I would be interested in seeing a sub faction within the LSPD for the county side.. It could possess slightly a slightly different approacg etc and it would be worth drafting up..

To make a note on the paperwork... Its hard to avoid paperwork as a PD player.. Its a trade off... You constantly have RP you are involved in (chases shootours robbery calls etc) and in return you take 15 minutes to do your paperwork...which might I add is an INTEGRAL part of LEO workings IRL... As the DA i cannot stress enough the importance of good paperwork for making cases, validating and monitoring duties etc.

Its just part of the deal.

To get back to your focal point... 2 factions would be tricky to balance.. But a sub department would be a cool idea to work with.

I'll respond to this like I did elsewhere.

To fix issues with a faction, you go to the actual faction. Creating somewhere for people to flee and seek shelter and RP elsewhere is gonna damage the currently one big LEO faction we have. This is not a thread that we need to have and discuss this on, but it pops up every other month so I guess we respond once it shows. If Pd is suffering, offer your help within the faction. Making something new will obviously take away members whether you wish it to or not. Solve the issues at hand instead of pushing them aside and try to make something that put yourself in a better position, or offers better terms for people at the time. What should be the focus - is to fix what is broken, not jump around from faction to faction. Take your concerns to PD leadership, if there's no ear listening, take it to FT. You know, there's ways to go about this other than trying to go back to making a different faction itself. I don't mind topics like these too much, but people go off topic and discussion goes out of hand. And in the end we will say pretty much what I said above.

LSPD issues will not get fixed because you offer another faction for people to check out or go to. It's really redundant, specially now. It would only take away more members from PD and have them suffer and eventually suffocate on the lack of people, no doubt. In that situation you got this new faction supposedly take over and then new people will be in charge with rather little effort due to what has happened.

I suggest you offer your help and ideas to PD, chip in and do your best to support them instead of doing so for yourself and another faction, I've said this plenty of times to so many people as well. You say you've had your share of power, yet eagerly suggest this and put your own name in the hat as mentioned above, Brett. But at the end of the day - why not put your name in the LSPD and help from within?

I don't support two factions, and I won't at this point. Time has passed and if there's issues faction-wise, solve them with the faction instead of these massive topics and forum uproars.

1 hour ago, xSweg said:

I actually wanted to join the LSPD multiple times but they just wont let you unless you have a mic. Yet they make exceptions for shy "girls" like SazLore and Scarlet? Its fucking bullshit. HP actually let me join without a mic and I was doing good.

Personally, I think there should be two like there always had been. One focused on traffic and one focused on crime in the city.

I agree with what @Brett said about LSPD. The detectives are inactive I've only ever seen one. There needs to be more focus on detectives.

I totally agree. We have a keyboard and do not always have a microphone within reach, thus I believe a microphone should not be a MUST. As POI to POIII I'd say you don't need a microphone, for higher ranks a microphone may be required. 

And yes, friendship policy leads to exceptions. It is a requirement or remove the requirement, no exceptions.

I'd surely join SAHP, though :).

1 hour ago, xSweg said:

I actually wanted to join the LSPD multiple times but they just wont let you unless you have a mic. Yet they make exceptions for shy "girls" like SazLore and Scarlet? Its fucking bullshit. HP actually let me join without a mic and I was doing good.

Personally, I think there should be two like there always had been. One focused on traffic and one focused on crime in the city.

I agree with what @Brett said about LSPD. The detectives are inactive I've only ever seen one. There needs to be more focus on detectives.

hello I'm not in PD and haven't been for ages.

Just now, SazLore said:

hello I'm not in PD and haven't been for ages.

u were an example sweetie x

37 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I'll respond to this like I did elsewhere.

To fix issues with a faction, you go to the actual faction. Creating somewhere for people to flee and seek shelter and RP elsewhere is gonna damage the currently one big LEO faction we have. This is not a thread that we need to have and discuss this on, but it pops up every other month so I guess we respond once it shows. If Pd is suffering, offer your help within the faction. Making something new will obviously take away members whether you wish it to or not. Solve the issues at hand instead of pushing them aside and try to make something that put yourself in a better position, or offers better terms for people at the time. What should be the focus - is to fix what is broken, not jump around from faction to faction. Take your concerns to PD leadership, if there's no ear listening, take it to FT. You know, there's ways to go about this other than trying to go back to making a different faction itself. I don't mind topics like these too much, but people go off topic and discussion goes out of hand. And in the end we will say pretty much what I said above.

LSPD issues will not get fixed because you offer another faction for people to check out or go to. It's really redundant, specially now. It would only take away more members from PD and have them suffer and eventually suffocate on the lack of people, no doubt. In that situation you got this new faction supposedly take over and then new people will be in charge with rather little effort due to what has happened.

I suggest you offer your help and ideas to PD, chip in and do your best to support them instead of doing so for yourself and another faction, I've said this plenty of times to so many people as well. You say you've had your share of power, yet eagerly suggest this and put your own name in the hat as mentioned above, Brett. But at the end of the day - why not put your name in the LSPD and help from within?

I don't support two factions, and I won't at this point. Time has passed and if there's issues faction-wise, solve them with the faction instead of these massive topics and forum uproars.

I have to respond to this, because I respectively disagree. Although the theme of, "You go to the root of the problem," is something I support. This problems roots, are actually what I'm addressing. The LSPD has no accountability ic. Now, let's take this to real life. And in fact, let's go to Compton California. Compton used to have a police force, the Compton Police Department that was highly corrupt, and highly ineffective to the point it was dissolved and to this day the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department polices Compton. In real life, there is always someone to supplement the local police. In fact, just take a look at all the agencies in a state such as Oklahoma:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_law_enforcement_agencies_in_Oklahoma

There a tons of municipal, tons of sheriffs, state, federal, etc. If one falls short, there is another to catch. That's the same idea I'm proposing here, as clearly there is a benefit to having such a system or all 50 states of the United States of America would not have all these police and sheriffs departments. I remember when I was getting my drivers license in Arkansas, and I had to go to the "Dreaded,' DMV which people have had HORROR stories of the poor quality and lack of initative, because they're your only option. Yet, in Arkansas the State Police handles all the examination for drivers and honestly this was the best system I've ever seen as there was initiative to keep good quality as they're a police force that operates on public support, and they got the job that if we had one DMV agency handling would've taken an unnecessary amount of time, which many states still struggle with today. 

There is no way to fix the LSPD, without having external pressures on it. The County Commissioner can't simply dismiss the entire LSPD and begin a rehiring process (Which cities are known to do.) because it would OOCly cause so much drama, that it may not be worth it. Even if someone made a court case on the sheer amount of cases going unanswered by the LSPD, and won there is still no real initiative for someone to go fix the Detective Bureau because if they PD runs out of cash, FMT will simply refund them all their money. There is NOTHING anyone can do internally, to fix this faction for good. It needs external pressures to make initiative to fix things. If PD is aware that people will leave their faction to go to another law enforcement agency, then maybe if the PD leadership is good, they'll ACTUALLY make people WANT to stay in their faction and not just resign because they hate PD. 

We can preach all we want about "Fix PD, one faction is enough, it'll work." But nobody has initiative. Even if you got the best Chief of Police in Owl to run the faction and he fixed everything, there is no guarantee that the next chief will keep any of it in place, and it'll descend back into chaos. In real life, Police Departments answer to mayors. And mayors answer to voters and council members, who police each other. Then if the quality just gets too low, the Sheriffs come in and then the State Police, or the Federal Government. This system only exist in Owl in the form of an IC Police Department which nobody has power over other then FMT, and FMT can only replace leaders and "Hope for the best." I'm sorry, but this Hope for the best attitude needs to end. It shouldn't take an entire year for a faction to be reformed three times, and still not be performing as expected. Yet we put faith in FMT to be the god-saving authority, yet they can't be. The only way FMT could help PD, is for them to internally place people in Command and High Command positions that FMT knows would do the job, and I'm pretty sure most of PD would be pissed as nobody likes to be dictated terms from any OOC source. I know I would be.

This has the potential to start fresh, and do it right. The FIRST time. And as for me helping the PD. I tried. I was denied. And I've been hounding them oocly for this for about a week, and nothing is changing. I've truly done all I can, and even if I managed to get in if I worked from Police Officer I or whatever, I still couldn't fix the problem that when I left, someone could just remove all my stuff with limited repercussions. Competition breeds quality. The US Government realized this, as well as the 50 states, tons of counties, and municipalities. I don't understand why this same logic, can't apply here. 

2 hours ago, Brett said:

I agree that you most work for positions, but my problem isn't with positions. My problem is the bad quality of law enforcement in general. And it wouldn't matter if I managed to work my way to Chief of the LSPD, the department itself is just unfixable with the amount of members it has, without you changing the basics of how it runs and operates which will piss more people off then anything. Starting from scratch to do something right, is better then trying to demolish a long-existing structure. It has 0 to do with a position. Just truly what the right way to fix the problem is. 

The ZTP fucks up the amount of members. 3 dedicated and hard working officers got discharged in 14 days, due to ZTP because of small/stupid jail reasons when there was a huge need of man powerr. If you wanna fix something, you should start by fixing the ZTP. Months of work and effort goes away in 0.3 seconds because of a a poor judgemement and/or momentarily urge of having fun due to long working/playing hours and daily stress. THat's my 2 cents, didn't mean to offend anyone..

14 minutes ago, Shagwarth said:

The ZTP fucks up the amount of members. 3 dedicated and hard working officers got discharged in 14 days, due to ZTP because of small/stupid jail reasons when there was a huge need of man powerr. If you wanna fix something, you should start by fixing the ZTP. Months of work and effort goes away in 0.3 seconds because of a a poor judgemement and/or momentarily urge of having fun due to long working/playing hours and daily stress. THat's my 2 cents, didn't mean to offend anyone..

Gotta agree with this,
First Feridun got adminjailed and then kicked, he was very active.. and just made one stupid mistake.

And then Trevor Lincoln... who  failed to roleplay something and then got kicked. And he was very active.

Created a poll. Not sure if this'll get approved, but maybe showing enough public support may help. If you truly want your voice heard, vote. So I have something to go off on. 

2 minutes ago, Brett said:

Created a poll. Not sure if this'll get approved, but maybe showing enough public support may help. If you truly want your voice heard, vote. So I have something to go off on. 

Definetly voting yes, maybe it will push someone to do something serious and fix PD a little bit. I agree with you fella.

Someone tl;dr this post plz kthanks

7 minutes ago, LcLaSouljah said:

Someone tl;dr this post plz kthanks

Tl;dr; make 2 seperate PD factions, make sure each one has the proper leader and make sure people are grown up enough to behave normally.

7 minutes ago, einschtein said:

Tl;dr; make 2 seperate PD factions, make sure each one has the proper leader and make sure people are grown up enough to behave normally.

10-4.

2 factions is gud.

however 2 factions is not possible. not enough people

however 2 factions gives people the choice. CHOICES

however 2 factions = 2 separate people bitching/being bitched at by FT(it is still considered FT right?)

however 2 factions ran properly generating good competition yet solidarity is gud.

my 2 scents

Just now, LcLaSouljah said:

10-4.

2 factions is gud.

however 2 factions is not possible. not enough people

however 2 factions gives people the choice. CHOICES

however 2 factions = 2 separate people bitching/being bitched at by FT(it is still considered FT right?)

however 2 factions ran properly generating good competition yet solidarity is gud.

my 2 scents

HP does not need a lot of people. It used to even have a cap, I think it was around 20 people? The part of it's communication with FT, who cares? If they need to be bitched it, they are probably doing something wrong. That's why both factions need a mature and proper leader, one that can stand above all the negative talk and look at the facts only.

By the way, your scent is great. It smells nice.

Honestly, why do we even discuss this. The second law enforcement faction has been a thing ever since vG.

There's always this dipwit coming up with the idea and everyone gets hyped. But as soon as everyone is used to the new faction it suddenly goes downhill.

Then the factions start to rival eachother, trying to gain as much power as possible. There-by trying to outclass the other, I even remembered situations

where one faction would dismiss the other in their own jurisdiction. You'll get 2 SWAT teams just with 2 different names and then there's the background trashtalking.

In the end both factions want to end up being the best and the other being a zero, aka..- Both factions want to be the -ONLY FACTION-.

That's where things go wrong, and trust me. You can't just say "But this time we'll do it different". No, this time will be exactly the same like the 10 attempts before this (10 yes, I am not kidding).

And yes, I do agree that the LSPD currently has a shit ton of issues. I experience them every single day and I even get annoyed by the fact how it is being ignored by most command members.

It's time for a change, but that change has to be in the current faction. You're not going to fix any issues by simply creating another one.

Oh yea, btw.. No from me

Stop going on Brett boys he brought brilliant ideas in the server before. I say make it two factions again but its all up to UAT since SAHP was removed by UAT. I remember SAHP days and those were actually good days and to people who says playerbase isnt enough for SAHP I think It was never enough for SAHP anyways. If you are new to owlgaming and saying LSPD is enough you must  search  about SAHP and how it used to be. In all shortly SAHP had a role outside LS mostly and was fun for me. 

To sum it up, I did love the idea of two factions. I did hate the bickering between the three entities though. Those entities being PD/HP/FT. If you find suitable leaders and a good attention-to-detail supervisor over THOSE factions only, then you can probably get it done. Once again, it's up to the people that make the decisions.

And my scents is great k.

Your suggestion/discussion will end up like mine. Sure I wouldn't mind it, but you're going to have a hard time finding leaders for your faction. The current PD leadership is already lacking, unsure where you expect to get another team for your sheriff's department.

I still think it's a meme that someone here thinks a Staff Sergeant position exists in a PD and that it has a Watch Commander designation. Both things false.

Having two law enforcement can be "fun" but becomes the apposite very soon afterwards. Generally, the faction outside of LS has a lot less action which makes faction members bored and forces them to be constantly asking for Jurisdiction for LS. It's not a bad idea but the Jurisdiction thing has to be toned down.  Has been tried in the past and ended up closing, don't think it should happen again.