Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brett

Two Law Enforcement Factions

Law Enforcement Factions  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need two law enforcement factions?

• Yes, make another one.
    • No, only one.

Just now, xSweg said:

Lol you literally have fucking /backup and a whole /dispatch system u dont need to tell people where you are

That's good. But for actually looking over situations like a riot or stuff do you seriously think that half of them will waste their time in typing? Plus; using mics actually make officer handling in a scene easier. 

Just now, xavator said:

That's good. But for actually looking over situations like a riot or stuff do you seriously think that half of them will waste their time in typing? Plus; using mics actually make officer handling in a scene easier. 

This isnt Garrys Mod/Arma RP this is a text based server.

Just now, YRNPablo said:

the fuck are you going to do with another leo faction do traffic stops on air?

What? Allow me to introduce you to 75% of Not Los Santos.

Y9itWhv.png

1 minute ago, Law said:

Real question is, would we have enough people for this?

I say we have aprox 150ppl who are active IG? LSPD has about 30. This could have like 10-15. We still have plenty in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Brett said:

Only in the short-term maybe. Not long term. 

Please elaborate. Every long term situation has resulted in the faction being considered redundant. 

I don't understand how the making of an entirely new department would solve the problems you mention.

Just now, xSweg said:

This isnt Garrys Mod/Arma RP this is a text based server.

Text supports the roleplay. It's a description of your actions not your actions themselves.

Just now, Brett said:

Y9itWhv.png

I say we have aprox 150ppl who are active IG? LSPD has about 30. This could have like 10-15. We still have plenty in my opinion. 

Plus anyways, since you already stated. LSPD requires to be your main. It demands time but yeah SAHP or it's replacement could be better as it would give other people a chance who like to RP as a criminal or whatnot on their alts. So, don't think LSPD will be that 'much' affected. I guess it won't be affected more than it is already so. 

Just now, Brett said:

Y9itWhv.png

Nigga nobody plays in those areas there's like 130 people in the server on a good day, what about you just help whoever fix the lspd instead of trying to create a circle jerk leo faction so that you can say that you're better.

Just now, ertidog said:

Please elaborate. Every long term situation has resulted in the faction being considered redundant. 

I don't understand how the making of an entirely new department would solve the problems you mention.

There has never been a long term solution. It's been, replace PD Chief. Merge the HP and SD. Turn the SD back into the PD. FMT Complaint that leader, oh snap another chief left. Etc, etc. Nobody has proposed a long-term solution to these problems. It's always been bandaid, after bandaid. At least when we have the two competing, it provided some fun IC roleplay to settle complaints, rather then constantly going to FMT to fix everything which breaks immersion. Good leadership, trickles down. I single handly made the SANG, and managed approximately 50 members with 0 problem, despite all the criticism. People had fun, it was effective, and were actively engaged. I can't say any of that for the current PD, and there isn't a solution to fix that other then what I just proposed. 

Just now, YRNPablo said:

Nigga nobody plays in those areas there's like 130 people in the server on a good day, what about you just help whoever fix the lspd instead of trying to create a circle jerk leo faction so that you can say that you're better.

because those people don't want help. They want to hog their positions of power.

I do agree with a lot of points @Brett. Lately, I've seen blatant disregard of RP'ing car crashes. Officers. seem their way to act above the law, even when they RP as a normal cop. I get it if your character is a Nazi, or something else. But come on! Use common sense. Whenever I get pulled over for speeding, its funny as fuck. Since two seconds ago, the officer flew with 200 Mph over the road. This destroys immersion, and the actual trust you have to put in a Police Department. I've lately seen an increase in the Criminal circuit, there are fewer officers caring to my knowledge. I mean come on! I've seen someone getting shot in broad daylight, in front of Stacks. I think a restructure in needed within the Department, or someone competent enough to lead a second LEO factions like @Shanks did before. I've been a part of the HP, and I enjoyed it immensely. There was zero bullshit, and zero fuckery when it came to training or anything else related to that matter. For short it was FUN. 

Just now, YRNPablo said:

There has been some RP out there actually. I personally have hosted some good RP out there. No idea where you're getting this incorrect information. 

Just now, ToyYoda said:

I do agree with a lot of points @Brett. Lately, I've seen blatant disregard of RP'ing car crashes. Officers. seem their way to act above the law, even when they RP as a normal cop. I get it if your character is a Nazi, or something else. But come on! Use common sense. Whenever I get pulled over for speeding, its funny as fuck. Since two seconds ago, the officer flew with 200 Mph over the road. This destroys immersion, and the actual trust you have to put in a Police Department. I've lately seen an increase in the Criminal circuit, there are fewer officers caring to my knowledge. I mean come on! I've seen someone getting shot in broad daylight, in front of Stacks. I think a restructure in needed within the Department, or someone competent enough to lead a second LEO factions like @Shanks did before. I've been a part of the HP, and I enjoyed it immensely. There was zero bullshit, and zero fuckery when it came to training or anything else related to that matter. For short it was FUN. 

This was also my experience with HP. I tried to join PD when I was a scripter and it was absolute bullshit trying to actually get past the student stage.

If there's a sizable group of people who will not RP within the LSPD but would enjoy roleplay within another Law Enforcement faction, then they should be accomodated rather than being told to fuck off essentially. Seems like pretty simple logic if you actually care about the server's playerbase.

It's a game people play for fun, nobody has an obligiation to "fix" anything.

16 minutes ago, 44Theory said:

How are you going to update during a pursuit? Pretty difficult to type and drive at the same time. Last I checked, they were pushing for high quality and realistic roleplay. Not being able to update properly during a pursuit just nullifies that completely.

but since you still have the /beacon command why would you need a mic if you can just type /beacon instead of vocally updating

Just now, Vinceeez said:

but since you still have the /beacon command why would you need a mic if you can just type /beacon instead of vocally updating

Last I checked, Police Department's in real life don't flick on their panic alarm (which is what /beacon is supposed to be used for) because they're in a pursuit. Might as well play LSPDFR if you want to chase a dot around a map.

Guys, stay on topic. The mic is not the issue at hand here

Just now, 44Theory said:

Last I checked, Police Department's in real life don't flick on their panic alarm (which is what /beacon is supposed to be used for) because they're in a pursuit. Might as well play LSPDFR if you want to chase a dot around a map.

Last I checked cops still use /beacon when in pursuit while they all have microphones because you need to have one to join the PD

so why is y'all using /beacon when every cop has a mic and can use their voice to vocally update their fellow officers for a pursuit???

i see tops 200 criminals evading the PD without /beacon because every cop goes like I press F11 I see where my fellow officer is

Just now, Vinceeez said:

Last I checked cops still use /beacon when in pursuit while they all have microphones because you need to have one to join the PD

so why is y'all using /beacon when every cop has a mic and can use their voice to vocally update their fellow officers for a pursuit???

i see tops 200 criminals evading the PD without /beacon because every cop goes like I press F11 I see where my fellow officer is

No it's not used the beacon. Not in chases. It's the panic button in is used in panic-y situations.

31 minutes ago, 44Theory said:

How 2 fix PD:

• Lessen restrictions on corruption and illegal alts
  • Lessen required amount of activity on a weekly basis and instead on a bi-weekly basis (people have schools, jobs, etc.. hello?)
  • Fix the Command:Sergeant:Police Officer ratio - there shouldn't be 5 Lt's/Ctp's for 2 Sgt's and 20 P-I > P-III's
  • Less drama (pick up on when there's drama going on in the faction and tackle it (big up shanks for his efforts towards this in hp))
  • Weekly/bi-weekly reminders to players for what they could be doing if they were serving in the LSPD (such as bureaus, divisions, etc.)
  • Redirect traffic towards the PD forums with press releases, advertisements, etc.
  • Promote faction screenshot threads to show off faction roleplay to the server
  • Remove the /dispatch map icons for the love of god so players are actually required to UPDATE during pursuits (thus pushing for higher standards)

magic, doesn't take a whole new faction

Just now, xavator said:

No it's not used the beacon. Not in chases. It's the panic button in is used in panic-y situations.

but but he said it himself

1 minute ago, Vinceeez said:

but but he said it himself

Topic at hand. Leave the mic issue alone please. Take it to pms

I always liked having 2 separate PD factions. because of the exact reasons you stated. But in the end, most of the people were to immature to handle such thing and problems used to be taken OOC instead of IC.