Zebulon

[Vehicles] - Disable KPH Speedometers / MPH Dual Speedometer

Would you like to see this added?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this added?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Dual speed-o-meter.

No from me, why should i use MPH if i don't know the miles and speed of that. I am europe ricer, and, so? Totally no needed for this

7 minutes ago, simple said:

No from me, why should i use MPH if i don't know the miles and speed of that. I am europe ricer, and, so? Totally no needed for this

This is exactly my point. Is your character you? Or a character living in the USA with USA law and measurements?

8 minutes ago, Fritz said:

No from me. My character also speaks Russian even though I don't type in Russian. Forcing someone to learn mph is like forcing you to learn Russian in order to speak it.

But your character lives in the USA? If you went to the States today and saw all the road limits in MPH, and the car that you purchased with a MPH odo., and where then pulled over for speeding, the Officer wouldn't let you go because you want to claim ignorance?

4 minutes ago, bartman said:

It should just be one speedometer with both.

I live in the U.S and have a dual speedometer, big letters MPH small KPH

That is something I'd agree with. Not removing completely kph.

I disagree. If there is an option to switch, you can switch. If there are no, there should be made an option. 
I dont know miles per hour at all, and I'd stick to Kilometers per hour.

No, learn km/h. If its so Hard for Police officer to make a difference beetween km/h and mph then you shouldnt be a Police officer at all.

You should just switch so MPH is the default when you enter the server first time, also adjust speed limits to fit MPH. This should make people adjust to it better.

Afaik this has been suggested previously and got denied. @BusterAces knows better.

As I also suggested on the other thread: Make it so VT can toggle the speedos on specific car models, so if you import for example a jap or euro car, it'll be in km/h and if it's bought from the shops, let it have MPH or both mixed, as Bartman said.

The odometer is already on MPH hence it says mileage. Fix your title ;)

I'd say yes, but I don't think it should be removed, I think we should just put them both on one speedo aka mph in big and km/h in small as it'd add more realism, as a British guy myself we mostly go off miles per hour and it really isn't difficult to get your head around

On a side note.. You don't need to learn MPH? Thats stupid Lmfao... If you can read a Speedometer aka Count... It also toggles all the road speeds to MPH for you ( as they should be ).

We go by all other US law icly.. Why is this one any differnt?

Just now, JameZ said:

Please look at the suggestions forum before re-posting the same suggestion over and over again. There's already a pending one found here: 

been "pending" for half a year. Also, this is the topic I was talking about above.

Just now, point45 said:

been "pending" for half a year. Also, this is the topic I was talking about above.

That's the thing, re-posting the suggestion will just make your new topic denied. This has been requested dozens of times, although wasn't implemented.

25 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

"my char is eur.." just stop. if you move to another country you have to learn their way of things. jesus.

That doesn't mean anything, you can still have a car with a speedometer marking KPH in the USA. I don't really see the point of this.

Okay, probably I will be burned with fire by majority of forum members after what I'm going to say but I've never been kind of person who hid his mind, so... Let's start:

4 hours ago, simple said:

yes, learning MPH speedometers is so hard, lmao. Because arabic numbers on KMH speedometer look different than arabic numbers on MPH speedometer. Seriously guys, this is just weak excuse, same as whole "my character being european, so I'm gonna use kmh".

Also, purposely quoting this:

3 hours ago, Fritz said:

No from me. My character also speaks Russian even though I don't type in Russian. Forcing someone to learn mph is like forcing you to learn Russian in order to speak it.

Your character talks Russian via special panel where you switch languages. If you don't really use that feature then I'm afraid your character is as much of a russian as I'm of japanese IRL. My point here is that you kinda use "substitude" for Russian language, which is adapted feature, letting any player to use any suitable "language" for their characters. Same applies to actual kmh and mph scenario. I can assure you that those "Kilometers" you have on your speedometer aren't even close to IRL measure of kilometers (not that it was much of a mystery anyway). So basically what will change in this case is just switching letters from KM to M. That's it. No idea why is there so much rioting against that whole letter change.

Then again, I also kind of support old idea: at least make signs and\or speeds on roads and highways bound to miles instead of kilometers, so that I wouldn't have to drive with top speed of 37 miles per hour in the city. This number just gives me cancer. Roleplaying with miles system at this moment is just hillarious.

And the last one:

2 hours ago, Gazzeh said:

No, learn km/h. If its so Hard for Police officer to make a difference beetween km/h and mph then you shouldnt be a Police officer at all.

My country has a proverb:
One doesn't come to somebody else's home with own set of rules.

Sorry gazzy, but I think that proverb suits here just fine, because that's exactly what you're trying to do right now. "no I won't learn rules of this country, how about their cops be learning rules of my country instead" (c) That's exactly how it sounds.

And p.s. Apologies if I sound rude towards anyone, I never meant to write it in offensive way, it's just that whole conversation is rather weird.
I mean I've been brought up with the idea that one should respect his neighbour, be it person who lives next to himself, or bordering country. In my eyes switching some of the rules in order to make them more suitable for your home is just wrong. Even if we speak of a tiny detail, such as miles versus kilometers system.

That's it.

Late to the topic, but it's toggleable whether you want to use kmh or mph. Why do we need to limit it only to mph? Of course it's realistic yes, but do we want to change something what we all have all got used to already.

Don't see why it needs to be disabled, just change it at the bottom.

People should be allowed to use whatever speed formatting they wish. I don't really care if its a USA based server, personally yes I do use MPH as from the United Kingdom we use it. If people wanna use KPH let them, if people want to use MPH let them.

As others stated, maybe that it is toggleable by VCT.

MPH / KPH only or some models having MPH and KPH . 

Yet, keep the speed signs on MPH even on KPH mode. This gives a slight advantage of using "american" vehicles.

And slight adjustment to speed limits through out the city.