Sarge

[Faction] - New faction status (Leader)

Suggestion Poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this suggestion implemented? (Please vote only if you are related to the legal faction system)

• Yes.
    • No.

I'd suggest to add a poll so the general vote can take place, I'd see this being incredibly useful for different applications in various departments. What I'd limit is the promotions and demotions part; Said rank cannot promote higher than themselves for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, EDR said:

I'd suggest to add a poll so the general vote can take place, I'd see this being incredibly useful for different applications in various departments. What I'd limit is the promotions and demotions part; Said rank cannot promote higher than themselves for obvious reasons.

Done.

I wouldn't mind as I don't want REC and Logistica employees to have as much power within the faction as they RPly wouldn't have access to the corporate finances nor access to everything and anything in the faction

Just now, Mogs said:

Instead of having a completely new rank just add a system where you can set members permissions (Permission to issue badges, promote members, access f bank etc) either way is good.

This could work but also its need a complete f3 rank system rework

4 minutes ago, Conkers said:

I wouldn't mind as I don't want REC and Logistica employees to have as much power within the faction as they RPly wouldn't have access to the corporate finances nor access to everything and anything in the faction

This could work but also its need a complete f3 rank system rework

Yeah, let's make the changes step by step. A rework will take ages.

I've been playing at an RPG server where your faction could manually set amount of ranks and their perks&power. Something like:

"perks x; are allowed to use/change by rank 1"

"perks x; y; are allowed to use/change by rank 2"

"perks x; y; z; are allowed to use/change by rank 3"

etc etc etc

You could also give name for ranks, e.g. instead of "rank 2" you'd have some director, whereas "rank 3" would be named as something higher than that...
Or maybe it wasn't so complicated, but my point is, even though that sounds a bit difficult, it would let faction leaders actually manage their factions in a way easier way?
Anyway, I'm voting yes for the original idea since it's good already, as it is.

This is needed and is a very good idea, but what about it was simliar to how mogs say it.. like you know when you make ranks on a discord server you can set perms. Well how about when the faction F3 is made the leaders see a button that says 'manage perms' and then it loads up a small GUI with a gridlist and pre-loaded the gridlist will have the colums 'rank name' and by default there is the two gridlist row's which are: 'Leader', 'Member'. Now this GUI Window would theoretical have a button to add ranks, remove ranks, so for an example when you press the add button it'll allow you to name the rank, have checkbox's of all the different permission types (as of @Mogs mentioned, allowing to manually set perms). Once you've set your perms and stuff you'll press submit, the script runs the nesscery querys and creates the rank within the small window, so the gridlist will update with the new rank.

Okay now the issue with my suggestion is their isn't any way to set someones rank other than Leader/Member. So what could be done is something I saw on an older server but make it for leader status. So replace the buttom with a guiCreateComboBox and a button, then make it so when you click a member in the F3 then change their permissions you drop down the combobox and it'll have 'leader', 'member' and 'THENEWRANK' and then you can set their permissions.

Anyhow overall I agree for the orginial suggestion to be made and then implimented, my above idea was just an idea.

4 hours ago, Mogs said:

Instead of having a completely new rank just add a system where you can set members permissions (Permission to issue badges, promote members, access f bank etc) either way is good.

This or what was suggested would help a lot of legal and government factions out. Maybe even illegal factions. This has my support.

Certainly an useful feature, if ever scripted in. A lot of factions could benefit from it, and there's really no downsides from the idea.

Is it going to happen step by step, or just, boom, after xxx months, new system?