Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Law

GPU Upgrade Gone Wrong

Heyo, today I received my new graphics card which is the GeForce GTX 750 Ti and switched it out for my old, AMD Radeon R5 M330.

The problem I'm having is, I plug in the HDMI cable and starts to pick it up on my monitor as it scans for the available outputs, but then only pops up with the HP logo of my monitor and stays like that.

Product Specification:

(MSI) GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Memory: 2GB GDDR5

Memory Bus: 128 bits

Output: HDMI / DL-DVI-D/ D-Sub

I've read the minimum requirements and my PC meets all of them, the ram, the motherboard, the power supply, the available hard-disk space and so on.

1 minute ago, Law said:

If you don't want to help it's fine, I can reassure you the machine is running otherwise it would say no signal wouldn't it? Thank you.

IS the PCI-E power plugged in to the graphics card?

Just now, Law said:

I believe I did, let me go take it apart again to make sure again though.

Well just a tip, I wouldn't put a PC back together till it works fully.

18 minutes ago, TheUnitt said:

2 minutes ago, Mail said:

Are the GPU fans spinning? Remount your card and make sure the fans spin after you power on.

Fans are a go, just the monitor is stuck on the logo screen of my monitor

1 hour ago, Law said:

Update...

I smashed the GPU inside the fucking computer and it's all kushty...

Thank you for those who actually tried helping :)

Smooth, real smooth.

@Law

Cable management for starters. Then check if the fans spin (like you said they do), then check if the pc gives any error codes (in the form of beeps. You can cross check those with MOBO manufacturer for an idea of what's causing the problem)

Since the fans spin and it doesn't give you the no signal prompt, the GPU works. The problem could be conflicting hardware, AKA you switched in a Geforce card after using an AMD card. Try forcing the PC into a safe mode + networking and uninstalling previous AMD Crimson drivers, then install nVidia ones.

Problem solved, most likely.

Just now, Lyricist said:

@Law

Cable management for starters. Then check if the fans spin (like you said it does), then check if the pc gives any error codes (in the form of beeps. You can cross check those with MOBO manufacturer for an idea of what's causing the problem)

Since the fans spin and it doesn't give you the no signal prompt, the GPU works. The problem could be conflicting hardware, AKA you switched in a Geforce card after using an AMD card. Try forcing the PC into a safe mode + networking and uninstalling previous AMD Crimson drivers, then install nVidia ones.

Problem solved, most likely.

Problem was that the monitor didn't start up past the logo so I couldn't boot it into any mode, my solution was to open the side panel and punch it, it was already clicked into place but apparently it works and I went from 20FPS to 170FPS :D

Took about 2 hours to get all the Nvidia stuff and uninstalling AMD

Just now, Law said:

Problem was that the monitor didn't start up past the logo so I couldn't boot it into any mode, my solution was to open the side panel and punch it, it was already clicked into place but apparently it works and I went from 20FPS to 170FPS :D

Took about 2 hours to get all the Nvidia stuff and uninstalling AMD

So it clicked into the place, but you half assed mounting it inside. Well, that's one way to solve it. 

@Law You have to put your old GPU back, uninstall the drivers then put the new one in and reinstall the drivers.

I suggest using Nvidia  GeForce Experience, that's what I use.

Just now, iii said:

@Law You have to put your old GPU back, uninstall the drivers then put the new one in and reinstall the drivers.

I suggest using Nvidia  GeForce Experience, that's what I use.

Don't worry pal, I didn't have to do that, I smashed it in, then uninstalled all the old stuff and got GeForce Experience :D

Thank you though!