MindScape

[General] - Shop Hours (Automatic Lock / Unlock on Time)

Also somebody who has mixed feelings. Only really able to log in on the absolute opposite of peak, meaning stores would be unavailable for players in a similar timezone. However, I can see the intention, as there are very few stores which actually operate on a 24/7 basis.

More realistic, if the store owner wants to take the run on and keep it open at night in hopes to make a profit then that's on them, otherwise let them avoid losing money overnight on custom NPC wages if they feel they won't get much business at night.

Should also do a check to see if anyone is inside the interior before it locks so no one gets stuck inside, love the idea of the /pa thing. +1

The issue with this is that it kind of screws over the North American and Asia/Pacific players. It's no secret that the majority of players on the server are from the EU and that the server peak time is European evening/night time (which is afternoon/morning time in the good old USA). Logically you'd want to close your shop at night time when the server's quiet, but then the Americans/Asian players will find it hard to actually set foot in a store through no fault over their own.

@Chaos This could be a donation feature.

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think this would make certain low population times of the server even harder for players to play on. Not too keen on the idea :P

I thought about that too, and being one of those players myself in that time zone, I didn't see it ending up being a huge problem, because stores like IGS and whatnot would probably remain open 24/7, meaning any essentials and such are open when you need them anyways. It was more of an idea for those custom shops

The idea is brilliant for criminals honestly. The shop works for example from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. During it's closed time the NPC inside disappears, thus giving criminals an option to silently break in and steal supplies. +1

I would like to bump this up because I've noticed that I play on at a different time making it hard to get on when the activity is at the peak; this means I only get to unlock my store when I come online with little amount players, making a business just sit there dead.

It's a bit pointless at this point to have businesses open from 1am to 11am because everyone's sleeping. Having a timer which unlocks your business door would be cool because the NPCs within the business would be able to do that I guess.

Don't know but I shouldn't have to worry about waking up early just to get online to unlock my business then make sure I lock my business at night so the wage isn't counted for dead hours.

Edited by Law
Grammar

Seems cool, I don't think it would affect people that much since there's still plenty of 24/7s that will supplement the night time.

Hell to the no. A good majority of the players that are night players play during the nighttime game hours. Therefore we would never legitimately be able to buy anything in a convenient matter.

2 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Hell to the no. A good majority of the players that are night players play during the nighttime game hours. Therefore we would never legitimately be able to buy anything in a convenient matter.

So if a good majority of the players are night players, they'll keep them open at night and close during day time? 

In regards to the fact that people wont get supplies they need ICly, it’s realistic for shops to close, but on the other hand, I don’t s rent he point, it literally takes 5 minutes to drive there lock it yourself, it would be a nice feature factions could use to lock certain interiors at certain times, the only real issue I see is timezones, but interiors such as IGS could be 24 hours opening, and optional for all players if they want to take the risk of not making profit, I’m going to support this.

I support this, I always wanted to open a creepy nighttime grocery store that sells mediocre products