Welcome to OwlGaming Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JuanTwoThree

About homeless people.

  Heya. Lets talk about homeless people in Los Santos.

 

 So, basically, today I was pretty bored. I had nothing to do with my main alt, so I don't know how or why, but the idea of making a homeless character came into my head. So of course; I did. It's really fun RP I must admit, sincerely I was expecting it to be boring. I only saw one problem. OwlGaming is a Roleplay server. Most people are well maintained. So, the problem comes when, believe it or not, people give you money. Because, they don't toss you a couple dimes, or a six bucks. They give you 500. Hell, someone even gave me 3 grand. If you were one of the people who gave me that money, please, do not get me wrong. I probably sound very ungrateful. The thing is that... I must've earned at least 5k today, in people donating money. I was mugged and lost quite some money, but whatever. So, ehhhh... You see where I'm going? If you give me so much money, I won't be poor anymore! Right now I have 3,8 grand. And I don't know what the hell to do with it. Of course, I won't /charity it or something dumb like that, because people actually worked for it. So, get into a position where you're in real life. If you're generous, you toss a homeless man/woman 30 bucks, or something like that. Normally, that is. I'm finding myself running out of emotions, because of course, if you give a homeless person 100 bucks, he'll be extremely happy. But what if you give him 500? And what if you give him 3000? So yeah, I just wanted to communicate what I thinked about this. Especially because you'll probably see me begging around Pizza Stack, haha. So, yeah. The point is, be realistic when giving poor men money. Like, toss us 5 dollars. Maybe 50, and we'll be super grateful. Check this video out:

The man goes around giving 100 dollars, and they are so happy. So yeah, it's rather unrealistic if you give an insane ammount. Because, well, it might happen if that person is really generous. But when everybody shares too much money it gets overwhelming. Anyways, yeah. That was pretty much it. Feel free to share your opinion, after all, that's what I made the thread for.

 

 Also, I'll take this chance to let you know, it'd be cool to make a little homeless people community. Feel free to PM me if you'd like in, it's good times. Fun to burn time when you don't know what to do really.

 

Anyways, yeah. Thank you for your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, somewhere in Los Santos...

 

eded449f95a641879b089767cefff95d.png

Nicky likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gonxp Does the San Andreas Veterans Association  allow homeless Vietnam Veteran chars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stevenaramos said:

@Gonxp Does the San Andreas Veterans Association  allow homeless Vietnam Veteran chars?

Yes.

stevenaramos likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The economy is kind of unrealistic.. since it is a game and believe it or not.. this has been suggested before, but the only way to make it realistic is to reset every character and change something that plays a role in the economy( RS Haul's job was revamped which quite frankly improved it tremendously ). Most people gain what.. like $10,000-15,000 maybe a day IG? If you think how it is IRL, you gain about $50-200 a day depending on the job. That is why people give mass amounts of donations really.. although alot of people try really hard to attempt to mimic IRL events and so on, but it sadly does not work sometimes. It may be an IC generous donation, but the economy plays a role. There has been many events, which happen IRL made IG, which I find awesome since you barely see them done when lots of charity events happen for the poor IRL, the reason you have not seen it much IG before is because -some- do not like passive RP nor are/were interested. GOV right now made lots of changes and charity events along with other organizations which helped immersion forfill throughout. That is what my opinion and thoughts about this is and why it happens.. as I said lots of people actually made charity events IG, which involved lots of fun passive role-play.. as well as interaction with the community. 

 

Thanks to those who have done a charity event, liked the passive RP and interaction done. Keep up the good work ay.

Resident and stevenaramos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which guy has gave you 3000$?

 

** makes an alt **

** selects hobo skin **

** presses "create" **

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nanokiller said:

The economy is kind of unrealistic.. since it is a game and believe it or not.. this has been suggested before, but the only way to make it realistic is to reset every character and change something that plays a role in the economy( RS Haul's job was revamped which quite frankly improved it tremendously ). Most people gain what.. like $10,000-15,000 maybe a day IG? If you think how it is IRL, you gain about $50-200 a day depending on the job. That is why people give mass amounts of donations really.. although alot of people try really hard to attempt to mimic IRL events and so on, but it sadly does not work sometimes. It may be an IC generous donation, but the economy plays a role. There has been many events, which happen IRL made IG, which I find awesome since you barely see them done when lots of charity events happen for the poor IRL, the reason you have not seen it much IG before is because -some- do not like passive RP nor are/were interested. GOV right now made lots of changes and charity events along with other organizations which helped immersion forfill throughout. That is what my opinion and thoughts about this is and why it happens.. as I said lots of people actually made charity events IG, which involved lots of fun passive role-play.. as well as interaction with the community. 

 

Thanks to those who have done a charity event, liked the passive RP and interaction done. Keep up the good work ay.

it's not unrealistic, owl just has its own oconemy. this is a game and it's meant to be fun, would you like getting a super realistic pay check of like $17 an hour? I doubt it, they've increased the pay check system so that the game can actually come out as fun and not a life simulator. 

Law, Chaos and Peaky like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jord said:

it's not unrealistic, owl just has its own oconemy. this is a game and it's meant to be fun, would you like getting a super realistic pay check of like $17 an hour? I doubt it, they've increased the pay check system so that the game can actually come out as fun and not a life simulator. 

Thats what I meant lmao.. no one is going to sit hours for just affording a vehicle fix, items.. and what not..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Resident said:

I gotta admit the way you role play a homeless dude comes across quite trollish, including your friends. 

Trollish? Trust me, our objective is not to troll, at all. But, ehhhh. Aaalrighty then, it's your point of sight I guess. 

stevenaramos likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JuanTwoThree said:

Trollish? Trust me, our objective is not to troll, at all. But, ehhhh. Aaalrighty then, it's your point of sight I guess. 

It's not my point of view, I was watching you for a solid hour RP'ing in Idlewood. It's evaluation and a solid conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The economy in owl is fine.

 

There are plenty of people who are not very well off and wouldn't have 5k to just throw at a homeless guy, consider yourself lucky.

Serban13, DanielV and BusterAces like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.