Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaos

UAT ran NPC illegal faction?

giphy.gif

How would one (faction) go about having contact with this said "NPC" faction? Would there be 3 or 4 in a way to have asian, hispanic, african american, russian and such so it's not the same one all the time? Why not simply have UAT do an actual faction? (Too many of ya'll on the legal side, why not simply do a real one, that creates roleplay directly, and not undirectly?)

EITHER WAY! +9000

6 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

By creating roleplay, you're roleplaying too? Players are the ones who need to take the initiative to do what you are suggesting the UAT should do. UAT may know more about factions but then again it's up to the players to establish connections between their factions in order to create the so desired roleplay. 

This has been sort of tried out before when the FT had alts around which provided the same purpose as you're suggesting here. It didn't work out quite well with them, but it can work with you guys if you do it properly. You shouldn't just be the ones taking the initiative.

It's pretty hard for players to take the initiative when they have absolutely no motivation to even remotely make an illegal character, simply due to the fact that we're lacking the things that UAT wants to offer. Back in 2014-2015, there was plenty of illegal factions everywhere, and so many threads that you could browse, but I've failed to see that recently. UAT has the power to kickstart illegal roleplay again by spawning the things that illegal roleplayers need/want most. They're selling firearms and drugs to factions who need it to proceed in their roleplay, where said factions can then choose to distribute it or keep it for themselves. All in all, this is creating roleplay on the illegal side, which is more than clear.

12 minutes ago, TheNeonGuy said:

giphy.gif

How would one (faction) go about having contact with this said "NPC" faction? Would there be 3 or 4 in a way to have asian, hispanic, african american, russian and such so it's not the same one all the time? Why not simply have UAT do an actual faction? (Too many of ya'll on the legal side, why not simply do a real one, that creates roleplay directly, and not undirectly?)

EITHER WAY! +9000

We will be in contact like the gooberment mate. Jk. If it's approved we'll have to see but this is a good question

15 minutes ago, Antonia said:

It's pretty hard for players to take the initiative when they have absolutely no motivation to even remotely make an illegal character, simply due to the fact that we're lacking the things that UAT wants to offer. Back in 2014-2015, there was plenty of illegal factions everywhere, and so many threads that you could browse, but I've failed to see that recently. UAT has the power to kickstart illegal roleplay again by spawning the things that illegal roleplayers need/want most. They're selling firearms and drugs to factions who need it to proceed in their roleplay, where said factions can then choose to distribute it or keep it for themselves. All in all, this is creating roleplay on the illegal side, which is more than clear.

I don't even get why you're all revolving illegal factions around money, drugs and guns. They certainly aren't lacking motivation due to not having all these possessions, they're simply lacking community and FT support to even continue to pursue their roleplay in the factions. Yes, the black market is fucked up but it's not by magically providing all those items that you're gonna work it out.

Where do all those weapons come from? You just spawn and sell them like nothing? Is that what you call "creating roleplay"? I can even see the market getting hyperinflated if you don't regulate it properly, and that's why it has to be the players who need to take the initiative. 

Just now, Shaderz said:

I don't even get why you're all revolving illegal factions around money, drugs and guns. They certainly aren't lacking motivation due to not having all these possessions, they're simply lacking community and FT support to even continue to pursue their roleplay in the factions. Yes, the black market is fucked up but it's not by magically providing all those items that you're gonna work it out.

Where do all those weapons come from? You just spawn and sell them like nothing? I can even see the market getting hyperinflated if you don't regulate it properly, and that's why it has to be the players who need to take the initiative. 

All players have been complaining about is how some of them have absolutely no way of getting money, drugs or guns. ILLEGAL ROLEPLAY isn't just spray painting walls and running your mouth to guys who are twice your size. There's shootouts, smoking blunts and snorting lines in alleyways. Players want that type of action, yet they can't get it right now.

But elaborate, please. How would you like players to take initiative without having the resources to do such? That's what this topic is all about. FT used to (or still does?) faction drops which were solely based on NPC's giving out said items. Why is it such an issue now that UAT wants to do it, but potentially do more interaction with these factions?

10 minutes ago, Antonia said:

All players have been complaining about is how some of them have absolutely no way of getting money, drugs or guns. ILLEGAL ROLEPLAY isn't just spray painting walls and running your mouth to guys who are twice your size. There's shootouts, smoking blunts and snorting lines in alleyways. Players want that type of action, yet they can't get it right now.

But elaborate, please. How would you like players to take initiative without having the resources to do such? That's what this topic is all about. FT used to (or still does?) faction drops which were solely based on NPC's giving out said items. Why is it such an issue now that UAT wants to do it, but potentially do more interaction with these factions?

What you're describing right now is what is usually defined as active roleplay. Of course everyone likes some action, but passive roleplay is pretty much the soul of illegal factions. There are always ways of getting money, drugs or guns. Why do players not produce their own drugs and guns and then proceed by selling them in the black market or just keeping them for themselves? The lack of resources becomes a faction problem eventually and this is how they should take the initiative, by fixing it themselves.

Obviously not all factions do this, but then the fact that illegal factions need to have good connections in order to establish these agreements comes in handy and that's really something that the staff cannot control. And no, FT doesn't do NPC faction drops anymore, as far as I know. I don't get how simply spawning and selling items provides more interaction between these factions - that's not creating roleplay. That's simply taking the easiest way to fix things, and the easiest way isn't always the best one.

1 minute ago, Shaderz said:

What you're describing right now is what is usually defined as active roleplay. Of course everyone likes some action, but passive roleplay is pretty much the soul of illegal factions. There are always ways of getting money, drugs or guns. Why do players not produce their own drugs and guns and then proceed by selling them in the black market or just keeping them for themselves? The lack of resources becomes a faction problem eventually and this is how they should take the initiative, by fixing it themselves.

Obviously not all factions do this, but then the fact that illegal factions need to have good connections in order to establish these agreements comes in handy and that's really something that the staff cannot control. And no, FT doesn't do NPC faction drops anymore, as far as I know. I don't get how simply spawning and selling items provides more interaction between these factions - that's not creating roleplay. That's simply taking the easiest way to fix things, and the easiest way isn't always the best one.

But you're missing the point here. Players are lacking motivation to do anything regarding illegal roleplay, so how are they going to produce their own drugs and weapons? By all means, if somebody is going to start up a meth lab or a ganja farm, that would be really cool. I'd love to see that progress. But as of current, no player is going to do that. They may say they will, but I won't believe it til I see it. Don't forget, this thread is only looking for inputs. There's no solid plan behind anything yet. They could be discussing how they're going to passively roleplay obtaining guns, if that's what the players truly want, but for now, this is only a suggestion.

Yea why not this is really awesome, also you guys gave us like a money  source that can help us to develop  the character and to pay off the bills, now  I have many suggestions  that I would like to add :

1- the NPC will buy  from us the stolen  vehicles but at what price? Maybe for only 30% to 40% of the original  price, this can also make things more realistic because honestly i saw a ferrari once that is parked in a poor area, so the owners will start using garages and etc

2- they will be able to sell us the needed items when it comes about the criminal activities, such  as the required items to steal a car and etc, this can really help us instead of importing everysingle item we need for a specific operation also will make the black market more popular

the idea you guys stated is perfect because honestly, in real life you dont jusg hold 10gs of week for a freaking month without finding a customer that pays a fair price.

So yeah i can see the effort that you guys spent there and thanks for it.

36 minutes ago, Wright said:

We will be in contact like the gooberment mate. Jk. If it's approved we'll have to see but this is a good question

I asked 3 questions xD

The faction team, last I was informed, uses a NPC system similar to what you're purposing. The issue isn't that, it's the consistency and reliability of it. If you purpose and create this so called faction - how active are the ones in it suppose to be? How do we trust the ones that are in it? How do you choose who's in it? You say UAT, but we all know the majority (not saying all) are affiliated with law enforcement. Does this faction sell to all factions? If yes, what's the purpose of larger more organized who are structured to move large (jokes right) quantities of guns to other factions? Like you said, it's a very early idea and thought, but from where I sit, it's an unneeded band-aid. There are more larger issues that need ironing out. Now, I might be jaded from past experiences, but until I'm shown otherwise, I don't see myself getting behind this. 

I wanted to plant few drugs in my house's backyard, but unfortunately I couldn't do that because this feature is only for factions. 

Even though I would really like to see this feature unlocked to anyone, SD are always free to check the yards and search for drugs and  this can add more rp for the both sides.

30 minutes ago, Caporegime said:

The faction team, last I was informed, uses a NPC system similar to what you're purposing. The issue isn't that, it's the consistency and reliability of it. If you purpose and create this so called faction - how active are the ones in it suppose to be? How do we trust the ones that are in it? How do you choose who's in it? You say UAT, but we all know the majority (not saying all) are affiliated with law enforcement. Does this faction sell to all factions? If yes, what's the purpose of larger more organized who are structured to move large (jokes right) quantities of guns to other factions? Like you said, it's a very early idea and thought, but from where I sit, it's an unneeded band-aid. There are more larger issues that need ironing out. Now, I might be jaded from past experiences, but until I'm shown otherwise, I don't see myself getting behind this. 

The faction team doesn't do what I am proposing. 

The faction doesn't have to be active, it acts when it needs to move things around and spice up or change the roleplay scene. Majority of this should be roleplay created by existing factions. You don't have to trust the people that are in it and it doesn't matter if people in it are affiliated with Law factions. It literally makes no difference where your trust lies or what you believe the bias is.

This faction probably wouldn't sell to all factions, it would back some of the major ones to move guns around, and it would choose for IC sake how to spice things up by who it is selling to and what packages it is offering at one time.

Good motivation, wrong set of ideas.

The complaints I keep seeing are "no one is RPing illegal anymore" or "lack of support for factions". As a concept this might add a little to the latter, but it does nothing for the former. Plus, the system sounds rather similar to the former(current?) system, involving admin weapon and drug suppliers you had to get in contact with ICly in order to get a hold of anything. It supports favoritism for people in good standing with the people in charge, and shuns those who aren't. If anything that's a key issue with the current "lack of support" I keep seeing people insist upon.

You should take a step back and ask yourself what can you change or enhance in the fundamentals of illegal roleplay to entice more people to get involved, before you try to add flavor like "side missions"  from NPC dealers. As for the "NPC faction" handling weapons and drugs, all I see that leading to is again, favoritism.

2 hours ago, WickJeffe said:

wanted to plant few drugs in my house's backyard, but unfortunately I couldn't do that because this feature is only for factions. 

This has been an issue for awhile, I've asked multiple times why but never got a straight answer.

I am for this suggestion. But as I and many others are wanting to ask. How can the UAT do this since some not if all of UAT is in the LSCSD. Because that can easily lead to biased sells to those who're in criminal factions and friends with the UAT, you need to answer those questions for everyone who is wanting to support the suggestion. Just as simple.

2 hours ago, zollarr said:

You should take a step back and ask yourself what can you change or enhance in the fundamentals of illegal roleplay to entice more people to get involved, before you try to add flavor like "side missions"  from NPC dealers. As for the "NPC faction" handling weapons and drugs, all I see that leading to is again, favoritism.

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeJosh said:

I am for this suggestion. But as I and many others are wanting to ask. How can the UAT do this since some not if all of UAT is in the LSCSD. Because that can easily lead to biased sells to those who're in criminal factions and friends with the UAT, you need to answer those questions for everyone who is wanting to support the suggestion. Just as simple.

People that argue this way seriously get paranoid with how much UAT tends to care about if someone dislikes them. It doesn't change the outcome of something, it's always been based on facts. Not like we will randomly raise the price of something because we don't like the person, it just makes no sense and we'd get called out on the forums nonstop for such behaviour.

If you can back up your claims then sure maybe you have a point, but these are all just assertions that stand in the way of any progress because everyone claims bias when something doesn't go their way.

@Chaos I understand. I was wondering if it'd be any biased choices. And from what I read, you've answered my question thanks. I keep my opinion that I support the suggestion.

@Chaos I understand. I was wondering if it'd be any biased choices. And from what I read, you've answered my question thanks. I keep my opinion that I support the suggestion.

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

The faction doesn't have to be active, it acts when it needs to move things around and spice up or change the roleplay scene. Majority of this should be roleplay created by existing factions. You don't have to trust the people that are in it and it doesn't matter if people in it are affiliated with Law factions. It literally makes no difference where your trust lies or what you believe the bias is.

This faction probably wouldn't sell to all factions, it would back some of the major ones to move guns around, and it would choose for IC sake how to spice things up by who it is selling to and what packages it is offering at one time.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes a tad bit more sense now.

Also try to make ammo purchasable/easier to obtain. Currently most people are afraid to use their gun they have laying around because they only get 1-2 packs with their gun and if they run out their weapon is useless. Some people have already used their ammo so they put their guns where the light doesn't shine for them to never take 'em out again. I think a lot more ammo on the market is realistic, especially in the US where they produce a zillion rounds/minute. Currently cops can hold the trigger on their m4 while criminals are counting their rounds, not trying to get fucked once they run out. If criminals GET MORE AMMO they'd be more confident in their gunplay which'd create more interesting crime vs crime situations and longer lasting cop vs crime situations that might have a different outcome then cops going to shrek the criminals.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

People that argue this way seriously get paranoid with how much UAT tends to care about if someone dislikes them. It doesn't change the outcome of something, it's always been based on facts. Not like we will randomly raise the price of something because we don't like the person, it just makes no sense and we'd get called out on the forums nonstop for such behaviour.

If you can back up your claims then sure maybe you have a point, but these are all just assertions that stand in the way of any progress because everyone claims bias when something doesn't go their way.

I know how you feel but Josh's (and anyone else's who is paranoid) assumptions don't come without sense. After all it is human nature to pick your friends/family over the rest. If I had to drop my mom or a stranger off a cliff and I HAD TO pick one I'd drop that stranger. But I trust, that as a great leader you pick what is best for the community and not for your own/friend's personal good. Keep it up!

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

You're asking for opinions, then asking for proof once we give them.

I don't have to prove anything, it isn't my community. This doesn't involve me, nor will it bring me back to illegal roleplay. Judging by the response and the ideas in motion that are visible I can say that very little will.

I'm offering what I feel is the issue at hand and you'd rather have me point out definitive evidence rather then place a little bit of trust in your playerbase.

You want to change something so you agree at the very least that something involving illegal RP should be changed for the better, but the better of what? If people are complaining about illegal factions so much then something must be wrong at the core.

Spoiler

VN3Q88x.png

Which is why you have threads like this pop up.

By the looks of it you're probably gonna go ahead with the new system so good luck. Maybe it'll help spice things up for a few of the new factions laying around. But as somebody who's done illegal RP for years it's gonna take a lot more then that to bring me back.

It won't work, this is the same sort of reasoning that created VM in the first place (selling drugs to the same people that you get it off).

The only way that I can think of that would fix the illegal drug market would be to add drug effects.

Edit:

It's funny because I brought this up last time and it was heavily opposed. The main reason as to why this won't work is because you'd have people claim favoritism & bias among other things, and that you won't be available to always purchase things off of people. Plus the fact that drug sales are most profitable when sold in low amounts, not wholesale. So the idea of you giving people drugs then buying them off of them is not only unrealistic (given that you're not going to be buying from street dealers) but also not worth it. 

If you do add drug effects, people will have the initiative to purchase drugs for the scriptwise bonuses and it should somewhat revive street dealing, which in return should revive a lot of other roleplay based on it.

I think the main issue other than street dealing is that people lack initiative and creativity, but I also believe that factions can get by without any FT support whatsoever.

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

[group] doesn't have to be active, it acts when it needs to move things around and spice up or change the roleplay scene. Majority of this should be roleplay created by existing factions. You don't have to trust the people that are in it and it doesn't matter if people in it are affiliated with Law factions. It literally makes no difference where your trust lies or what you believe the bias is.

[group] probably wouldn't sell to all factions, it would back some of the major ones to move guns around, and it would choose for IC sake how to spice things up by who it is selling to and what packages it is offering at one time.

That's literally what FT does. Don't need to be IG active, should act when it needs to spice things up (but usually does the opposite), majority of its actions are based on existing factions, doesn't matter if they're affiliated with ANY faction, they don't sell to all factions and back up major factions.

Here's what is going to happen if you implement this: You won't be able to buy from all of the illegal factions, especially not off the street dealers they (MIGHT) have, because you're never going to be active on every single timezone to help every single faction and buy drugs off street dealers repetitively at street prices for them to make profit and for the system to stay realistic. So you're going to buy the drugs off the factions wholesale. This is where everything goes to complete shit. Factions are going to buy drugs off FT and sell them to you. Congratulations, there is no roleplay. Might be easier to even spawn in money rather than bother with spawning in drugs only to delete them and spawn in cash.

Oh but then you might say "well we're not going to buy it of all of the factions, just some specific ones", in that case; congratulations, you pissed off all of the other factions because you didn't pick them. Watch the bias & favoritism claims get dished by every single faction who wasn't picked because they believe they've contributed a lot and want a piece of the action too and some recognition. Not just that, but you've still not solved street dealing, which is still dead. 

So even if you do implement this, very thoroughly, carefully and somehow you're able to implement this without pissing anyone off and without anyone doubting any of your actions or considering bias, you've still not solved the main issues.