Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaos

UAT ran NPC illegal faction?

Just wanting some feedback on the idea of UAT members being able to control an "NPC" faction on the illegal side of things. Basically it's purpose would be to bring value to drugs again by purchasing drugs off illegal factions, and introduce weapons to the server. We want the illegal market to get moving again as it has sort of been in a stalemate recently.

Perhaps we can use the faction to give jobs to other illegal factions and pay them to complete them. We are just trying to give illegal factions something to do other than cops and robbers. By creating allies and enemies with certain illegal factions we can use it sort of sway things in game to make things a little more dynamic in the illegal scene.

Obviously it's a very early idea but me and @Wright have been hearing complaints about illegal side of things and we want to do our best to improve that area of the server.

If you got some more ideas of what such a "NPC" faction could do, let me know. Or if you are completely against the idea let me know why.

PS: Please don't go on off topic arguments, we are just interested in ways to improve illegal RP. 

I believe, people who work solo, like me, should maybe get drops from NPCs, like I dont want to belong to any faction, but I still got my own contacts that I need to produce weapons for, If I buy from the streets, the price is high already, and I need to take my 2-3grand profit, which makes it more expensive and harder to sell. I know this may end up with people working solo with no factions but, maybe make it for people who really been around solo for a long time which is 3 months at least.

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Just wanting some feedback on the idea of UAT members being able to control an "NPC" faction on the illegal side of things. Basically it's purpose would be to bring value to drugs again by purchasing drugs off illegal factions, and introduce weapons to the server. We want the illegal market to get moving again as it has sort of been in a stalemate recently.

Perhaps we can use the faction to give jobs to other illegal factions and pay them to complete them. We are just trying to give illegal factions something to do other than cops and robbers. By creating allies and enemies with certain illegal factions we can use it sort of sway things in game to make things a little more dynamic in the illegal scene.

Obviously it's a very early idea but me and @Wright have been hearing complaints about illegal side of things and we want to do our best to improve that area of the server.

If you got some more ideas of what such a "NPC" faction could do, let me know. Or if you are completely against the idea let me know why.

PS: Please don't go on off topic arguments, we are just interested in ways to improve illegal RP. 

Image result for kim jong un clap gif

7 minutes ago, Novanard said:

I believe, people who work solo, like me, should maybe get drops from NPCs, like I dont want to belong to any faction, but I still got my own contacts that I need to produce weapons for, If I buy from the streets, the price is high already, and I need to take my 2-3grand profit, which makes it more expensive and harder to sell. I know this may end up with people working solo with no factions but, maybe make it for people who really been around solo for a long time which is 3 months at least.

Being solo would probably be something that you should be dealing with existing factions. Not NPC factions. NPCs generally should introduce product to the market and buy others. Leave the selling RP to existing factions.

Just now, Chaos said:

Being solo would probably be something that you should be dealing with existing factions. Not NPC factions. NPCs generally should introduce product to the market and buy others. Leave the selling RP to existing factions.

Thanks for your reply first of all, but I dont think you got me, I said if I buy it from a faction, lets  say a glock, they would ask for 8 lets say, which is high, and me as a middleman, need 2 grands profit, 10grands is kinda over expensive.

10 minutes ago, Novanard said:

Thanks for your reply first of all, but I dont think you got me, I said if I buy it from a faction, lets  say a glock, they would ask for 8 lets say, which is high, and me as a middleman, need 2 grands profit, 10grands is kinda over expensive.

Maybe you didn't fully understand the original topic. The NPC faction would introduce guns to the server, bringing down the price.

Just now, Chaos said:

Maybe you didn't fully understand the original topic. The NPC faction would introduce guns to the server, bringing down the price.

But the NPC would produce stuff to factions so, they are the ones who get the stuff at ammunition price and sell it for higher, and the middle sellers can gain nothing unless they scam someone, heh.

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The NPC faction would introduce guns to the server, bringing down the price.

Relationships between illegal factions would not be close then, right?

1 minute ago, Novanard said:

But the NPC would produce stuff to factions so, they are the ones who get the stuff at ammunition price and sell it for higher, and the middle sellers can gain nothing unless they scam someone, heh.

It would still reduce the price for middle men but yes the factions buy in bulk and obviously get the cheapest price.

1 minute ago, GeroXy said:

Relationships between illegal factions would not be close then, right?

I don't see why they wouldn't? They can still sell internally and we can sell certain arms to certain factions forcing them to trade with one another for some weapons.

Just now, Guntars said:

well, as long as immersion is taken into account.

Can you clarify?

Just now, Chaos said:

I don't see why they wouldn't? They can still sell internally and we can sell certain arms to certain factions forcing them to trade with one another for some weapons.

This is kinda mindfucking..

You said NPC will provide weapons to factions. Now you say factions will trade weapons with some other weapons.. If the thing you mean is ;

Faction 1 has 8 AR-15 and 4 Tec-9

Faction 2 has 1 AR-15 and 12 Tec-9

Faction 2 swaps 3 Tec-9 with 1 AR-15 of Faction 1. Is this the concept you meant? If it is, yeah it may work out. The thing i am afraid is i hope not every retard will become trigger-happy and shoot somebody for nonsense. I swear i saw somebody who killed somebody for standing in the middle of the road before i got banned. Weapons were too usual those days.

It's really confusing mate, i already spend half of my day with full maths so my brain is battered.

5 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

It's not a bad idea but the question is; why does it have to be the UAT and not the players?

UAT is pretty unbiased, that's the way i think.

11 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

It's not a bad idea but the question is; why does it have to be the UAT and not the players?

Because we are spawning money, drugs and guns. The point of the NPC faction is to create roleplay, not be the ones role-playing and they need unlimited resources.

Also UAT know a lot more about each faction and what they are doing. So we are being game masters to create RP. A player simply couldn't do this.

If we create a server lore a backstory can be made for this faction. This goes back to my illegal npc faction thread I made a few months ago. Not entirely opposed to the idea. I would be up for it. 

Kind of like international arms dealers who don't root for one side over another, just there to make a profit by selling guns.

This would be amazing, definitely needed. I think everyone knows but it shaking to admit that FT are pretty stingy when it comes to drops. I've put around 200 hours of illegal RP into November and its been pretty dull in terms of dealing. 9mm ammopacks are going for like 5k a pop and as Novanard mentions; Glocks are costing what a rifle should. Drugs seem to be pretty reasonable but this idea will do nothing but balance everything out I think. It would be good if there was stock limitations for each factions so they can't keep whoring up shelves full of weapons and drugs and provide no RP with them. This would have a better impact of almost everything in terms of having to either deal them or save them for your members to use as they need.

I can see UAT handling this task, FT is severely under prepared and over tasked with this. I would rather just see a dynamic black marketplace where factions can purchase guns wholesale then sell it at their natural rates to their dealers and so forth. Same thing with drugs.

Great Idea! The NPC factions generate money, at least that is what I thought I've read from @Wright. Where does this money go too?? Will it be once again invested in the Illegal or Legal Market, maybe both? As I think, myself and possible other factions will buy lets say $100.000 on guns. Three factions do this, and you get $300.000. This $300.000 just vanishes off the server? Since, if we take it in perspective this will cause huge losses of money into the Owlgaming economy? 

I'd like to see this idea implemented, with of course involvement of the whole community! But indeed this thing has to be run by the UAT as they are unbiased. The FMT team, no hate towards them. Is under an huge amount of pressure already, at least that is what I think since the response time is not that great on certain Public Contacts. 

If you got certain questions regarding my statement of this lost money, feel free to contact me over an PM or into this topic. @Chaos

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Because we are spawning money, drugs and guns. The point of the NPC faction is to create roleplay, not be the ones role-playing and they need unlimited resources.

Also UAT know a lot more about each faction and what they are doing. So we are being game masters to create RP. A player simply couldn't do this.

By creating roleplay, you're roleplaying too? Players are the ones who need to take the initiative to do what you are suggesting the UAT should do. UAT may know more about factions but then again it's up to the players to establish connections between their factions in order to create the so desired roleplay. 

This has been sort of tried out before when the FT had alts around which provided the same purpose as you're suggesting here. It didn't work out quite well with them, but it can work with you guys if you do it properly. You shouldn't just be the ones taking the initiative.

8 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

By creating roleplay, you're roleplaying too? Players are the ones who need to take the initiative to do what you are suggesting the UAT should do. UAT may know more about factions but then again it's up to the players to establish connections between their factions in order to create the so desired roleplay. 

This has been sort of tried out before when the FT had alts around which provided the same purpose as you're suggesting here. It didn't work out quite well with them, but it can work with you guys if you do it properly. You shouldn't just be the ones taking the initiative.

The idea is we barely roleplay, it's an NPC faction for a reason, it has to do with its influence.

Players can't do this for the reasons I put above which you didn't address. Players will be establishing connections in their own factions. This has to do with moving guns and drugs and creating a better market as well as giving way to more dynamic allies and enemies.

I don't see why UAT shouldn't take an initiative to improve this.