Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dynath

Voting for our admins ( Publicly )

Should we allow admin voting?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow admin voting?

Even so, knowing what the vast majority of OwlGaming's players are like, they'd likely abuse that privilege, and let's face it.. players are already spoiled with luxuries, having a say in whether a hard working trial passes their trial or not just takes the cake. If anything players should have some luxuries removed, rather than gain another.
Couldn't agree more.

This voting has been open for a while now and has lead to a 'no' vote. With 76 votes in total, I believe this represents a considerable sample of our community and the voting can be generalized to the server. This means this measure is being denied in the form it was suggested.With 37 players voting for the supporter applications and 6 for the administrator applications, we believe a fair amount of different opinions and point of views are being represented. The players having the honors to put their vote are experienced in the field and know what is needed to make it. Of course, some are more experienced than others, some are more strict than others, some are more suspicious than others, this is all being taken in account.We also assure you that no administrator can get in the team based solely on a friendship with a higher administrator, which is why I believe this thread was started. Each update includes a few players who I like to call underdogs. They are often the ones scoring best once they have been working, but are not really known in the community. But we will -never- accept people who constantly bash the server, create random threads (not one like this, I find this one good) to discuss every little problem in public,...We always try to satisfy the playerbase as a whole when we accept teammembers. However, we are aware that when satisfying the majority, we also displease a minority. But that's something we cannot help. Sincerely,Belgica.

Guest Danoon
This voting has been open for a while now and has lead to a 'no' vote. With 76 votes in total, I believe this represents a considerable sample of our community and the voting can be generalized to the server. This means this measure is being denied in the form it was suggested.With 37 players voting for the supporter applications and 6 for the administrator applications, we believe a fair amount of different opinions and point of views are being represented. The players having the honors to put their vote are experienced in the field and know what is needed to make it. Of course, some are more experienced than others, some are more strict than others, some are more suspicious than others, this is all being taken in account.We also assure you that no administrator can get in the team based solely on a friendship with a higher administrator, which is why I believe this thread was started. Each update includes a few players who I like to call underdogs. They are often the ones scoring best once they have been working, but are not really known in the community. But we will -never- accept people who constantly bash the server, create random threads (not one like this, I find this one good) to discuss every little problem in public,...We always try to satisfy the playerbase as a whole when we accept teammembers. However, we are aware that when satisfying the majority, we also displease a minority. But that's something we cannot help. Sincerely,Belgica.
Yes goes on top, lol.

Guest Danoon
Congratulations, someone has hoarded votes from players who barely care how this community goes and from players who joined 2 weeks ago.
Not everyone is able to see that :P

I actually think it's fair for the Staff Team to vote themselves to any type of Supporter or Administrator application.

[MENTION=120]Belgica[/MENTION] Even though you already concluded at a unfair time to close the poll ( even though I could've put down a set time for the poll to close but I didn't )It's fair to say that even now a couple days later that the topic is very debatable and people show interest in it.. Maybe the way I worded it caused many "No's" but I'm pretty sure both sides can agree or atleast 70-90 percent can agree that there should atleast be some sort of change?Hopefully the upper reich can keep this under consideration from the general populace. Thank you. -the peoples chairman dynath

Also besides for Mandog the and UndeadFellow the thread has been pretty clean and people raised valid arguments on both sides and even changed my perspective also.This topic was a general success and i'm glad people are still mature around here.With that, lock the thread please :)

Also besides for Mandog the and UndeadFellow the thread has been pretty clean and people raised valid arguments on both sides and even changed my perspective also.This topic was a general success and i'm glad people are still mature around here.With that, lock the thread please :)
The most important thing that has been proven is that people just never will agree with what's been decided. I let the poll run for 6 days (which is long enough for a poll to run) and it resulted in a negative vote.Just as in politics, people immediately disagree with that. I checked who voted, and most of the yes-votes are from trouble-makers, recidivists or just uninvolved people. I'd rather take the opinion of players who have a constant input in the community, than the ones who occasionally vote on something without giving an opinion.

The most important thing that has been proven is that people just never will agree with what's been decided. I let the poll run for 6 days (which is long enough for a poll to run) and it resulted in a negative vote.Just as in politics, people immediately disagree with that. I checked who voted, and most of the yes-votes are from trouble-makers, recidivists or just uninvolved people. I'd rather take the opinion of players who have a constant input in the community, than the ones who occasionally vote on something without giving an opinion.
That's just as equal as saying you don't value a persons vote because he is black white gay or whatever

>The most important thing that has been proven is that people just never will agree with what's been decided. I let the poll run for 6 days (which is long enough for a poll to run) and it resulted in a negative vote.> and most of the yes-votes are from trouble-makers, recidivists or just uninvolved people. I'd rather take the opinion of players who have a constant input in the communitySorry, But aren't you missing the point? It seems like you don't like what the people voted, not the other way around. People are eventually happy with things if they work. It's just a shame that very little works on this server. Man, You gotta take everyones vote equally. Come on. For fucks sake I shouldn't have to tell you this you seem like a fairly educated guy, at least at a high-school level.. and you should know that every vote counts, and everyones vote is equal. Fucks sake.

Erm, excuse me? My posts have been relevant Dynath.Anybody hardly considers you a people's person, remember the days you used to bash on staff and attack members of the community? Yeah, we all remember those days.If you try to defame me again, I'll put you on blast further than you can run.

Erm, excuse me? My posts have been relevant Dynath.Anybody hardly considers you a people's person, remember the days you used to bash on staff and attack members of the community? Yeah, we all remember those days.If you try to defame me again, I'll put you on blast further than you can run.
why are you even in a server discussion when you don't play on the serverI think it's time you took your leave no one wants you here you aren't welcome.

why are you even in a server discussion when you don't play on the serverI think it's time you took your leave no one wants you here you aren't welcome.
And yet.. you say my posts are irrelevant, and this post made by you is more than dragging on how irrelevant your shit is.I, on the other hand, think you should stop being an illiterate fuck and grow some balls then fuck right off into the real world instead of trying to act like a big boy with his big boy pants over a gaming forum.

No.It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but people will be voting for who they're closest/friendly with, not who can actually perform the job.

Guest Epic
No.It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but people will be voting for who they're closest/friendly with, not who can actually perform the job.
Well if the chosen person, can explain things and handle things etc its all good, but i gotta say you got a point..People will vote for friends...