Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dynath

Voting for our admins ( Publicly )

Should we allow admin voting?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow admin voting?

I'd still have to say no, especially seeing as completely new people who literally don't know anyone (likely except their friends who introduced them) would get a vote. Besides as far as I can see, Upper administration is against the idea.
So that's the point, It wouldn't be a definitive vote, it would be a suggestion to the upper management, + Upper administration is against it, so what? It's a community, not a oligarchy

Well i play on this racing server where they implented the same system since its beginning, which was in 2007 ever since it has been working very good.

Yeah, because me not wanting to have you on my Skype list is holding a grudge. So ironic, especially when you were given Supporter during my time.
More like how I was trying to be nice and friendly while you were ignoring me. Let's be real here, we all know you put 'no'.

So that's the point, It wouldn't be a definitive vote, it would be a suggestion to the upper management, + Upper administration is against it, so what? It's a community, not a oligarchy
I could go for that, sure. But I won't campaign for it, if you feel me?

Guest Epic

When epic makes an admin topic - Gets deleted + warned + infraction.Dynath some random dude makes admin topic - gets 10000 reactions + admins responding 10/10 fair

When epic makes an admin topic - Gets deleted + warned + infraction.Dynath some random dude makes admin topic - gets 10000 reactions + admins responding 10/10 fair
I'm not being a douchebag about it just trying to see the communities opinion on it and there's good points on both sides but I don't see any solutions that will satisfy both

I'm not being a douchebag about it just trying to see the communities opinion on it and there's good points on both sides but I don't see any solutions that will satisfy both
This is the big difference I assume, [MENTION=1390]Epic[/MENTION]

Mandog for lead admin2k14
Damn right!
Big Sal for Mandog Lead Admin Assistant2k14
The threat of losing him due to assassination is virtually inexistent
Some people want the server to actually live.--OT: If it wasn't already known, it is UA who does admin applications. Not admins in general. That is important to know, because you have a few people actually making decisions.
The server would be far greater with me in command. The 'few people' who actually make the decisions are elitists and only allow their close acquaintances AND/OR mindless subservients to succeed in becoming staff.

Guest Chase
The server would be far greater with me in command. The 'few people' who actually make the decisions are elitists and only allow their close acquaintances AND/OR mindless subservients to succeed in becoming staff.
Would we be allowed to bug abuse with you in command? What about finally being able to void our own roleplay by logging off? .. Do you get my point?

I remember when I taught you how to roleplay. Sit down.

Would we be allowed to bug abuse with you in command? What about finally being able to void our own roleplay by logging off? .. Do you get my point?
Less harsher punishments would be instated for bug abuse ;)

Guest Chase
Less harsher punishments would be instated for bug abuse ;)
We should now bow down to the great dictator, mandog236? Who now makes all the decisions.It's just wrong if you didn't do it.

We should now bow down to the great dictator, mandog236? Who now makes all the decisions.It's just wrong if you didn't do it.
well it's better than the current despotism [MENTION=397]Jevi[/MENTION]

Half of you can't even hold a steady conversation without saying "mandog236" in it, or some shit about making some random ass nigga a lead admin. It's like you just crave attention. For the record, this thread probably doesn't even have a purpose. Considering over 85% of the community's opinions on this thread thus far are all saying no.

Related to this topic. I think if we allow the players to vote for admins only, then becoming a admin depends on player popularity instead of maturity and experience.Maybe the players should have ''a'' say, but in my opinion the current admin team should always have the final decision.

Related to this topic. I think if we allow the players to vote for admins only, then becoming a admin depends on player popularity instead of maturity and experience.Maybe the players should have ''a'' say, but in my opinion the current admin team should always have the final decision.
Even so, knowing what the vast majority of OwlGaming's players are like, they'd likely abuse that privilege, and let's face it.. players are already spoiled with luxuries, having a say in whether a hard working trial passes their trial or not just takes the cake. If anything players should have some luxuries removed, rather than gain another.