BusterAces

[Vehicles] - Remove "KM/H"

Remove KM/H?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Remove KM/H?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, EATMYBBQ said:

You can just leave your Speedo to MPH if that's what you want to do. I mean, most cars nowadays show both, the principal being in a big font size and the secondary being in a smaller one. There's no point removing km/h in my opinion.

MPH should be primary then and the speed limits should be primarily in MPH rather than KMH.

14 minutes ago, EATMYBBQ said:

You can just leave your Speedo to MPH if that's what you want to do. I mean, most cars nowadays show both, the principal being in a big font size and the secondary being in a smaller one. There's no point removing km/h in my opinion.

We are in the USA, we shouldn't even have the ability to toggle it.

5 minutes ago, bartman said:

MPH should be primary then and the speed limits should be primarily in MPH rather than KMH.

Exactly, same for like time, instead of using 14, 16, etc we should be using PM and AM.

Just now, BusterAces said:

I don't mind toggling. I drive a Ford and there is a (secondary) KMH speedomoter.

That said, it should be MPH by default and the speed limits should be primarily MPH.

1 minute ago, BusterAces said:

Just my opinion :3.

I'll agree, changing it to MPH would be more realistic however I think it is set to KMH to appease the majority of the players who are European and don't readily know how fast 55 MPH actually is.

If we make the primary speedometer as MPH with an option to KMH, most of the community will switch it to KMH regardless rendering the suggestion useless. Thus, if any change is to occur it would probably have to be all in or all out. Maybe a poll?

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Most cars usually have both speed indicators though don't they?

Not really, they sorta do but you dont use them, at all. speedometer660.jpg

But since the majority of the server is European i think it'd be good to take it out so they dont get it confused and use it ( like in all the auctions and shit, if you tried to sell a car in america and used KMH to mark top speed they would laugh at you and walk away)

7 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

i like this

Me too, that's what I meant by " most cars nowadays show both, the principal being in a big font size and the secondary being in a smaller one. "

5 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I think it's about time we get a new speedometer. I've been looking at the same damn one since Valhalla Gaming. Something more slim and modern, like just numbers, would be a nice change. Or at least the option to switch.

Back on topic though, the crime sheet (penal code) has been updated with MPH only and in court we use MPH. I do recall the SD training in MPH as well. I think any official IC reference should certainly be MPH although if people want to say KPH IC cause they're Yuuropean, I suppose it's their choice. Just bad RP.

The main LE related problem is /togspeed and the radar gun ONLY show in kmh and can't be changed.

28 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I think it's about time we get a new speedometer. I've been looking at the same damn one since Valhalla Gaming. Something more slim and modern, like just numbers, would be a nice change. Or at least the option to switch.

Back on topic though, the crime sheet (penal code) has been updated with MPH only and in court we use MPH. I do recall the SD training in MPH as well. I think any official IC reference should certainly be MPH although if people want to say KPH IC cause they're Yuuropean, I suppose it's their choice. Just bad RP.

22 minutes ago, bartman said:

The main LE related problem is /togspeed and the radar gun ONLY show in kmh and can't be changed.

Also the point that the actual speed limits are referenced in the script based on KMH, thus ending up with speed limits of like 37.2mph. It should be updated to change all the speed limits to a more American standard. See: 25mph, 45mph. You get what I mean.

31 minutes ago, MindScape00 said:

Also the point that the actual speed limits are referenced in the script based on KMH, thus ending up with speed limits of like 37.2mph. It should be updated to change all the speed limits to a more American standard. See: 25mph, 45mph. You get what I mean.

I agree.

4 hours ago, EATMYBBQ said:

As BBQ stated.

One thing I hate is how the MPH limit on streets is like 37, 57 etc etc. It seems when the server was orginial created by Maxime he used KPH mainly. I 100% support the change to full MPH.

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

I think it's about time we get a new speedometer. I've been looking at the same damn one since Valhalla Gaming.

Agreed!

4 hours ago, EATMYBBQ said:

^

7ac.jpg

1 minute ago, Theno said:

Make the primary speed MPH for like roads and shit.  Then change the speedo image to have little KPH numbers.

Then we can move on to discussing the use of litres at the gas stations.

Get on that gallon train choo choo