Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unitts

Supposive bot accounts (PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU HAVE TWITTER LINKED)

So recently I've discovered that there was a bot account called 'ItsReculin' but funny enough it's actually my twitter handle. A little while ago I must of gave forums.owlgaming.net API access on my twitter account allowing twitter to handshake with the forums and for some reason the forums has been importing all my tweets into forum statuses, now I've had a think and I think these suppose bot's are actually the twitter API pulling tweets into statuses, I've mentioned this to staff as a theory but if you have a different twitter username to your owl forum account name, search the forums for your twitter handle (Only if you've linked twitter.) and if you find your twitter account as a user on the forums (Normally it will have the same profile pic and name as your account)

To revoke API access, log into twitter, go down to account settings and there should be a small tab regarding API, once you've pressed it Twitter will create a long list of API's you've given permission too, find Owl Gaming and revoke access.

That should stop twitter sharing tweets to forum statuses.

I'm deeply sorry about the spam that has been caused from me, I only noticed when I glanced at an archive threads.

This was fixed by IPS in an update,

It hasn't been an issue since the update about a month ago. This information is old/irrelevant now unless you explicitly told the forums to post your tweets in status updates.

38 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This was fixed by IPS in an update,

It hasn't been an issue since the update about a month ago. This information is old/irrelevant now unless you explicitly told the forums to post your tweets in status updates.

ah I see, that's good. Thanks for replying, this can be archived now if you want to.