Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuy

FT Update - October 2016

ohu3.png

Greetings to all who read. I want to briefly touch on some of the progress made by the Faction Team and what you can expect in the near future. These topics are things mentioned are from the progress of two meetings recently. We plan to have a third in the next week to address many of the public contacts and new concerns brought up to us in the past week or two, so for those of you awaiting answers that are not addressed here, please be patient.

Corruption Rule Consolidation

Permission in various government factions has previously been approved on a case by case basis and this is the continued method we choose, however, there are some inconsistencies we feel are limiting roleplay. There will be a re-evaluation done of what the default level of corruption is. The basic idea is we want you, the role-players, to have more freedom, by allowing more personal corruption, or "corruption" (the word is used loosely) that does not involve the powers of the faction you are a part of. 

Personal corruption would be things like smoking a joint with your friends, breaking traffic misdemeanors like speeding / recklessly driving, perhaps having a domestic dispute with your spouse. Simple, everyday type stuff. The antithesis which would still traditionally require permission are murder, theft, corruption with faction assets, etcetera.

All of the affected faction leaders will receive a PM from the Faction Team with more specifics down the road. All that you need to know as a player of the server is: MOARRRR FREEDOM!

Faction Team Upgrades!

At the moment the Faction Team is hindered in their ability to check information such as logs, recon the necessary parties to perform formal evaluations, check properties and so on, relying on administrators for the majority of these types of tasks. This severely limits our abilities to properly evaluate factions and increases the time it takes to do nearly everything. This is especially true with Public Contacts and is the primary reason for many delays. 

This is going to change. Commands are in the works as this post is made to give the Faction Team more capability. We hope our customer satisfaction rate will improve and we can better guide factions in the coming future with these additions.

Official Factions Making A Comeback?

A long standing issue which we've strived to come to a solution is a shockingly high number of illegal factions have no longevity. Ultimately this is up to the players to solve, the short attention spans is nothing we can wholly solve, however, we want to assist as much as we can. It was thought that giving faction F3s more readily allowed for more freedom and it has, but it seems some of that freedom has been squandered. The void was filled with factions of little substance and longevity. Eventually leading to many players being parts of factions that were revolving doors, leading to a poor role-playing experience.

Because of this we are heavily considering bringing back official factions. These factions would;

1. Take substantially longer to create, forcing the leaders and members to put more time and effort into the factions hopefully leading to a richer, more long-term role-playing experience.
  2. With the existing factions of the server ultimately meaning more support from the Faction Team. Support in the forms of personal assistance and advice, perks (such as higher export prices ;) ), and in general, more personalization, so to speak. Giving each official faction a unique experience.

The details of this process are being ironed out and we would love to hear suggestions or advice from the existing factions or ideas from anyone really. We plan once we get our scripted commands (which will aid in evaluation) to evaluate all existing factions and send out PMs requesting information to figure out who is most suitable for official right off the bat. So, if you are interested in being an official faction to participate in the transition don't hesitate to send me or @Franco a PM. This transition coming soon is the reason why many F3s acceptance has been put on hold. We don't want to muddle the waters any further by adding more volume to what we have to evaluate. Plus, a brand new faction almost certainly would not be an ideal candidate for a first batch official faction.

Black Market

Nearly all illegal items obtained through contacting the Faction Team we are trying to push through the Black Market. This simply means characters by Faction Team members meant to actually transfer items through role playing. This gives you, the players, the ability to fully interact with the people you are buying your things from. When I say fully, I mean fully. Don't forget, that much freedom comes with a price if something were to go awry!

The amount of guns, drugs, etc, previously received in general is the same as it use to be as with the old NPC perk so not much in that aspect has changed. We do plan to add market fluxuation to all products to increase or decrease the rarity, prices, and other factors. All of this information will end up being found out in character. Those looking for specific OOC guidelines will not find any. The process is going to be made as organic as possible. Changes can and will be made as necessary should a problem be identified, however. Faction leaders will be kept informed.

P.S. The car theft / exporting / chopping system has been fully transferred over to the GAT for processing.

New Members & Recruitment

Say hello to our newest members.

@Lafuqs

@Lyricist

@namecrazycat

In our next meeting we will discuss recruitment. It may be opening soon, so keep your eyes open!

Elections

The elections have opened up. @Franco will make a post announcing it ICly as the board of elections, so people may get their campaigns started. The details will be in that thread which I will link once made.

Virtual Markets

A lot of the Virtual Market procedures (we call them SOPs) are being reviewed to prevent the abuse of them. Some are delayed in processing, some are being heavily modified, some are being removed altogether. It is truly situational dependent. More information will be coming out about this as each one is handled. (information in the form of PMs to existing Public Contact makers)

Those of you who have waited for an extended period of time will receive a modifier to your final outcome increasing the amount of money made to help absolve the long time waited. Apologies in advance.

A brief note, these VMs do extend to drug production. We want to make that more feature rich and specific to certain factions to help promote uniqueness. This will integrate with the official factions noted previously.

Faction Infractions

In order to keep the standards high among factions, they will be evaluated just like any government faction is currently. This simply means there will be infractions handed out for egregious offences committed by faction members, of any faction. This will be especially necessary for official factions which more or less represent the community once reaching official, just like the Sheriff's Department does. How factions further deal with people breaking rules in their faction is totally up to them. (e.g. SD has a Zero Tolerance Policy) 

More details on this will be released when it is actually in full effect but it's being noted here so that all factions are well aware ahead of time of the coming changes.

Should've brought the infraction system during the ASL-era, would've been shut down much much sooner. 

Good update tho. Good to see some progress being made. 

I do have a question regards the update.

The markets are being made for illegal sides, but what about the legal side? I own a massive farm and I would like to passive RP harvesting stuff and such and earn some extra money out of it.. Did it once, but got told that FT is not supporting it and that I had to wait for the next update for more info on that. @DevilJ and I are planning a lot to do passive farm RP.

1 hour ago, Commando said:

more freedom for official factions and old members and a big ''gofuckyourself'' to new factions and new members

With all due respect, Faction Team isn't a petite brunette in stockings, high heels and an outfit sewn from hundred dollar bills, and even if we were, I still doubt the satisfaction rate from the entire community would rest at 100 %, 95 % or even at 80 %. 

It largely comes down to trial and error. We tried handing out F3's to any faction that passes the 2 week mark, well, statistically speaking, more than half of these factions die out for whatever reasons, whether that's poor decision making, the alleged "strong memberbase" dissipating within that time, lack of commitment or any other sort of poison you may want to pick. It's not a fuck you to anyone, it's a public invitation to step your game up and prove that you're as good as you say when it comes to creating roleplay. 

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Those of you who have waited for an extended period of time will receive a modifier to your final outcome increasing the amount of money made to help absolve the long time waited. Apologies in advance.

LMAO. So shouldn't I be receiving an insane modifier on the organ trafficking since it took 33 days to get a response?

Also, what's the point of bringing official back if it's all going to be done via RP, and any FT support is getting nerfed (so called "SOPs")? Doesn't make much sense, it's like you're telling people to wait more and do more effort in order to get less back.

4 hours ago, Sherry said:

Should've brought the infraction system during the ASL-era, would've been shut down much much sooner. 

it was there already, you just dont know what went down behind closed doors.

31 minutes ago, maramizo said:

LMAO. So shouldn't I be receiving an insane modifier on the organ trafficking since it took 33 days to get a response?

Also, what's the point of bringing official back if it's all going to be done via RP, and any FT support is getting nerfed (so called "SOPs")? Doesn't make much sense, it's like you're telling people to wait more and do more effort in order to get less back.

because now the typical abusers of the official status can regain everything.

Just now, BusterAces said:

because now the typical abusers of the official status can regain everything.

It just sounds very counterproductive. You ask them why they want to bring official back they say "oh it's less work", but then you look at the fact that they have to:

1. Closely supervise factions.
  2. Repetitively speak with faction members regarding their plans in the future.
  3. Give advice to faction members.
  4. Perform VM responsibilities.

So it's practically more work if they bring official back, and they also give people less in return given that OP says that VM will have diminished returns. 

1 minute ago, maramizo said:

It just sounds very counterproductive. You ask them why they want to bring official back they say "oh it's less work", but then you look at the fact that they have to:

1. Closely supervise factions.
  2. Repetitively speak with faction members regarding their plans in the future.
  3. Give advice to faction members.
  4. Perform VM responsibilities.

So it's practically more work if they bring official back, and they also give people less in return given that OP says that VM will have diminished returns. 

or just keep feeding their own factions like they did before with the official status.

On 10/1/2016 at 5:36 AM, Sherry said:

It's existed long before that, but we're just further emphasizing it to improve the quality of roleplay that factions produce on OwGaming.

2 hours ago, ertidog said:

If you're able to stop baselessly assuming nepotism, you can see a really good update here.

Spoiler

vsB7nEq.jpg

You tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter..

12 hours ago, yannickboy15 said:

I do have a question regards the update.

The markets are being made for illegal sides, but what about the legal side? I own a massive farm and I would like to passive RP harvesting stuff and such and earn some extra money out of it.. Did it once, but got told that FT is not supporting it and that I had to wait for the next update for more info on that. @DevilJ and I are planning a lot to do passive farm RP.

More on this topic - I also know a friend who wants to roleplay a slaughterhouse and sell his production, which obviously wouldn't be possible unless the money was spawned or something. Passive roleplay like this should definitely be supported by the FT as long as the roleplay is quality and not quantity and is actually realistic. Like with the farming, roleplaying the harvest season like once a month (even though it's once a year in real life, it would at least give you the opportunity to earn money from your farm). I think people would definitely get involved in passive roleplay like this if they profit from it.

Although I'm not sure how this would be executed, perhaps the FT could allow passive roleplayers to do this once per week/month? Like with the farm, the farm owner could roleplay with his employees and harvest all of the crops and screenshot it all. They could send the screenshots to FT and based on the quality of roleplay they get a payment like the virtual market. This should definitely be something to consider if it hasn't been already.

Giving FT members access to recon, unlocking houses and shit is stupid and it'll be abused no doubt. 

Logs will be fine though. 

FT doesn't exactly have a lot of random intake like supporters or admins might though, so I'd say the risk is fairly low.

Sign in to follow this