Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BusterAces

Rant

3 minutes ago, Brett said:

*snip*

but the thing is though, this is not the US this is a server with 1-2 clubs open occasionally with only 1 mall that's being rp'd meaning the effect of said person causing the drama does mess up everyone's rp. i left the mall just before the shooting because i knew something would happen, me and @Dynamo were looking around for anyone suspicious. dont get me wrong i do see your point that these things do happen but we're also talking about the massive difference when it comes to IRL and a server. we don't have millions in this server, we dont have hundreds of malls we dont have hundreds of clubs open at nights this is the logic you get when you compare irl to a game.

Just now, BusterAces said:

but the thing is though, this is not the US this is a server with 1-2 clubs open occasionally with only 1 mall that's being rp'd meaning the effect of said person causing the drama does mess up everyone's rp. i left the mall just before the shooting because i knew something would happen, me and @Dynamo were looking around for anyone suspicious. dont get me wrong i do see your point that these things do happen but we're also talking about the massive difference when it comes to IRL and a server. we don't have millions in this server, we dont have hundreds of malls we dont have hundreds of clubs open at nights this is the logic you get when you compare irl to a game.

I can understand this. However, I do think there are tons of things icly we could be doing, instead of going straight to the OOC. However, I will say the lack of a uniform standard on Admining in regards to situations like this only makes the problem worse. I think it was @bartman who mentioned this with VCT, but having standards be dictated admin per admin on what's allowed and what's not depending on the experience of the admin leaves a lot of room for contradictions. One thing one admin may stop and revoke, is another thing one admin may accept and encourage. This leads to some admins doing stuff in these situations, to some admins not doing stuff at all and letting them continue. Or some may say "Fight it later, RP now." The standards are not set for anyone, and human error is contributing to a majority of the problems. Do I think the frequency of this stuff is too high, yes. But do I think more blame needs to be shared in regards to why it happens in the first place, yes. If the Owlgaming Staff had more concrete standards in how to deal with issues that come up to enforce a more uniform standard and we as players could see these standards to know what to live up to, I believe Owlgamings RP standard would generally improve.

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not really, we are looking into motives for running and returning fire at SD right now. But you can keep making yourself look stupid if you want.

we won't know until someone actually useful gets answers, which again i find fascinating that they aren't known at this moment. as a cop i'd be curious as fuck if someone shot at me for a simple evasion. i'm pretty sure suicide by cop has been universally panned as a terrible roleplay reason and is considered non-rp in a sense. i said the usual, because that's the usual in a server with low server roleplay standards. i'm not making myself look stupid, the server is making itself look stupid. i'm questioning the status quo like any logical person would.

if you have someone who chooses a mall path to evade then goes around shooting at SD knowing that shit is packed with people who want nothing to do with their roleplay is inconsiderate. this is a specific incident that should have been nullified. this is why you should have places like malls, schools, and other things added to a safezone area so nothing like this occurs. nothing stupid about increasing the server roleplay quality for other players who aren't cops or criminals. i stick with my argument here, things like this shouldn't be allowed under any circumstance. whether roleplay leads there or originates there, put the community at ease by specifically stopping things like this from happening.

good It's 05:49 I am currently waiting for a 1997 rolls-royce at grotti it still didnt get spawned... still but whatever I had nothing to do so I read the whole thread I do believe those shooters evaded the cops and I believe JGC mall was targeted after being seeing adverts.

4 hours ago, Dusty said:

we won't know until someone actually useful gets answers, which again i find fascinating that they aren't known at this moment. as a cop i'd be curious as fuck if someone shot at me for a simple evasion.

every time i've fired at cops, which is a lot of times, it's been to either 

a) defend members of my gang from being arrested or caught for a major felony

b ) defend myself from being arrested on a major felony 

or c) the cop is awful at playing detective and makes it obvious that they're investigating us

i've realized that some of the times i've fired at cops, they were not aware of the crimes i/we committed. like just the other day, i was contemplating turning and firing at officers (i only had 3 rounds left in my gun, so i decided against it) because i had just robbed someone and fired my gun at a witness. when the cops finally managed to catch me a few blocks away after a foot chase, they didn't even know i had the gun on me. so while i was worried about getting an attempted murder charge, possession charge and armed robbery charge, the cops were only aware that i was seen running from a crime scene. 

4 hours ago, ertidog said:

I was just joking about this earlier, but when Trump comes to LS I will actually place a bet that shots get fired.

If nobody shoots at the Trump rally I will send everyone nudes.

i'll take that bet.

Get ready to provide nudes.

Seems like the whole evasion was started just to avoid getting admin supervision/approval for the act of terrorism at the mall opening. Very nice. 

13 hours ago, ertidog said:

I was just joking about this earlier, but when Trump comes to LS I will actually place a bet that shots get fired.

If nobody shoots at the Trump rally I will send everyone nudes.

I was honestly plotting to murder trump IC'ly but I'm ready to call cease fire now.

10 hours ago, Dusty said:

i truly hope this is actually being investigated like it should be. people argue DM, they are right, no event like this should be sanctioned, name a server, it will never be allowed due to the scope and nature of the event. i don't understand why lead admins are befuddled like this is the first event. use your log event viewer, see who DM'd and contact them. if they felt like they were justifiable in action they should give context. which i highly doubt will conclude a reasonable explanation so they should be admin jailed.

any future cases that occur should be monitored, it's your only job as a game admin. you should give zero tolerance on shootings like this. it's stupid and nonsensically riles the community up. again let me repeat this, there shouldn't be any motive to shoot up a mall opening. it's probably bullshit like "im crazy and i have a gun let me shoot people lol" or "im a terrorist let me kill lots of people!"

you want to complain why people don't take this server seriously then wonder why people leave after they complain constantly while you sit by idle allowing things like this to happen. if you really wanted someone accountable, someone would be on the theoretically chopping block.

Well, you know, the server has to promote "passive roleplay" somehow. When you are this desperate to kickstart roleplay - might as well be by strolling out black body bags and taking witness statements from every social outing.

10 hours ago, Brett said:

Either way, this proves my point.

In real life

I'll just stop you right there. Half of the community is combatting the idea of us basing the game on "in real life", so why are you taking it as a point? Does your general state-side police department consist of 18-20 year old europeans with half assed knowledge in the law they are said to enforce? Either way, THIS proves my point. 

Don't use the "In real life" point to get some benefit in a specific question, I'll find you 100 of unrealistic factors to every single statistical one that you point out. I thought we were under a common agreement that the server head, along with his minions, does not wish to go in the direction of realistic roleplay, so why are you making that a point right now?

10 hours ago, BusterAces said:

Aaaand, once again. Let's jump on this thought again. Roleplaying the aftermath of a shootout is a major buzzkill. Half of the community are roleplaying shallow supermodels as is, why would we want to subject our characters to PTSD every single day of our lives and feel miserable about the dead bodies we see at every club opening?? If I wanted to feel this miserable and depressed, fucked up, I wouldn't bother roleplaying - I'd just focus on actual life.

Alright, I've been looking into this for a bit. So far what I've gathered is:

There's 2 incidents.

A pursuit ending with a felony stop outside Alhambra, during this felony stop, a friend/helper of the male being pulled over is positioned on whatever rooftop nearby and drops all the cops surrounding his friend, causing these two to run away. Somehow these end up in the mall - which is nearby, I honestly believe these two running off in that direction to flee the scene was a mere coincidence.

There's two mexican males in the mall that have recently had beef with some bikers at pizza stack, resulting in exchange of fire earlier. This causing the two mexican males to want to take revenge on the bikers fromw hat I'm being told. They went to the mall for whatever reason, which I questioned one of the two involved about the reasoning. And it was merely to look for the bikers in an area with multiple people, it was never intended to fire upon them in front of all the people there. So they're just within the area of the mall, armed and together.

Now, these two incidents most likely mixes together from what I'm getting. One of the males from inside the mall gets shot at, this may be from the running people after the pursuit, or it may be from the bikers still wanting to get them. (Which is pretty dumb, shooting off inside a mall in front of people, so my assumption is the running suspects having stray bullets between themselves and cops.) This then leads on to his friend staying on alert as to who shot and worries about his friend. The cops enter the mall and they start detaining people. Going from statements, it seems the bikers told the cops that the injured mexican male was the one shooting, hence they get on him. His friend then chooses to shoot at police to save his buddy. At this point cops are already on scene and you might as well say that there's no point further looking into why the mall got involved.

Overall, the RP quality is the average you'd expect from people in situation like this. We have two incidents mixing together - but the main reason the mall got involved is because people ran from police and somehow ended up in the mall - police went after them.

I don't think this was an intended attack or incident made to hurt the mall on opening day, rather a really, really unfortunate turn of events. The fact the stop happened at Alhambra and they ran to seek cover in the mall. I understand completely the frustration and all it creates. But I believe a mall in an area like this is more, how do you say it - open to getting these incidents. It's easier for people to run from cops into an open mall area than it is for instance running into a crowded club after firing bullets. I'd rather think reasons for shooting up a club would be closer to RDM than this was, I do honestly believe this was an unlucky chain of events leading up to it, and sort of killing off the on-going RP.

All in all - this was not done in any fashion to hurt the mall from what I'm getting, it was done on one side to escape the police by running through the nearby area, hence the mall. This then chained together a big shootout due to the other people positioned there at the time. They made the choice to shoot at cops already within the mall, and at this point the mall is already no longer a legal RP gathering, it's a scene of ops chasing suspects. It'd just seem more people got in based on the actions of the police, by detaining and arresting multiple people. I do get the logic, and I do get it is really unfrotunate for those wanting to RP legal and a normal day in there.

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Alright, I've been looking into this for a bit. So far what I've gathered is:

There's 2 incidents.

A pursuit ending with a felony stop outside Alhambra, during this felony stop, a friend/helper of the male being pulled over is positioned on whatever rooftop nearby and drops all the cops surrounding his friend, causing these two to run away. Somehow these end up in the mall - which is nearby, I honestly believe these two running off in that direction to flee the scene was a mere coincidence.

There's two mexican males in the mall that have recently had beef with some bikers at pizza stack, resulting in exchange of fire earlier. This causing the two mexican males to want to take revenge on the bikers fromw hat I'm being told. They went to the mall for whatever reason, which I questioned one of the two involved about the reasoning. And it was merely to look for the bikers in an area with multiple people, it was never intended to fire upon them in front of all the people there. So they're just within the area of the mall, armed and together.

Now, these two incidents most likely mixes together from what I'm getting. One of the males from inside the mall gets shot at, this may be from the running people after the pursuit, or it may be from the bikers still wanting to get them. (Which is pretty dumb, shooting off inside a mall in front of people, so my assumption is the running suspects having stray bullets between themselves and cops.) This then leads on to his friend staying on alert as to who shot and worries about his friend. The cops enter the mall and they start detaining people. Going from statements, it seems the bikers told the cops that the injured mexican male was the one shooting, hence they get on him. His friend then chooses to shoot at police to save his buddy. At this point cops are already on scene and you might as well say that there's no point further looking into why the mall got involved.

Overall, the RP quality is the average you'd expect from people in situation like this. We have two incidents mixing together - but the main reason the mall got involved is because people ran from police and somehow ended up in the mall - police went after them.

I don't think this was an intended attack or incident made to hurt the mall on opening day, rather a really, really unfortunate turn of events. The fact the stop happened at Alhambra and they ran to seek cover in the mall. I understand completely the frustration and all it creates. But I believe a mall in an area like this is more, how do you say it - open to getting these incidents. It's easier for people to run from cops into an open mall area than it is for instance running into a crowded club after firing bullets. I'd rather think reasons for shooting up a club would be closer to RDM than this was, I do honestly believe this was an unlucky chain of events leading up to it, and sort of killing off the on-going RP.

All in all - this was not done in any fashion to hurt the mall from what I'm getting, it was done on one side to escape the police by running through the nearby area, hence the mall. This then chained together a big shootout due to the other people positioned there at the time. They made the choice to shoot at cops already within the mall, and at this point the mall is already no longer a legal RP gathering, it's a scene of ops chasing suspects. It'd just seem more people got in based on the actions of the police, by detaining and arresting multiple people. I do get the logic, and I do get it is really unfrotunate for those wanting to RP legal and a normal day in there.

Thanks for doing some research, really appreciate it. I'm sorry for being so pushy and mad, obviously didnt mean it. but it's all for the fact that JGC's events has always been ruined by similar events. Thanks again.

12 minutes ago, Tidemo said:

Thanks for doing some research, really appreciate it. I'm sorry for being so pushy and mad, obviously didnt mean it. but it's all for the fact that JGC's events has always been ruined by similar events. Thanks again.

You got every right to be mad and pushy. The server is a disappointment to you and most of the people who try to stick in their own lane of rp rather than ruining roleplay for others. These people are protected by the same cowards who haven't grown a pair of balls yet and keep hiding somewhere in the mob of people shouting the same excuses for taking inaction. Rather facilitate a server of 130 retards and recieve donations than set an example and provide an enviroment for actual roleplayers who have been aching for a place to call their home for years. 

@Shanks Thanks for doing something about it, although, sadly, it's just one of the small pebbles tossed into a pond of troubles. There's plenty of splash to go around with ruining other people's "picnic"

5 hours ago, Veganiricist said:

Well, you know, the server has to promote "passive roleplay" somehow. When you are this desperate to kickstart roleplay - might as well be by strolling out black body bags and taking witness statements from every social outing.

I'll just stop you right there. Half of the community is combatting the idea of us basing the game on "in real life", so why are you taking it as a point? Does your general state-side police department consist of 18-20 year old europeans with half assed knowledge in the law they are said to enforce? Either way, THIS proves my point. 

Don't use the "In real life" point to get some benefit in a specific question, I'll find you 100 of unrealistic factors to every single statistical one that you point out. I thought we were under a common agreement that the server head, along with his minions, does not wish to go in the direction of realistic roleplay, so why are you making that a point right now?

Aaaand, once again. Let's jump on this thought again. Roleplaying the aftermath of a shootout is a major buzzkill. Half of the community are roleplaying shallow supermodels as is, why would we want to subject our characters to PTSD every single day of our lives and feel miserable about the dead bodies we see at every club opening?? If I wanted to feel this miserable and depressed, fucked up, I wouldn't bother roleplaying - I'd just focus on actual life.

I think you should read my entire paragraph, because you seem to be missing the point of what I said entirely.

18 minutes ago, Brett said:

I think you should read my entire paragraph, because you seem to be missing the point of what I said entirely.

I read it. What you are aiming at, however, makes no friggin' sense whatsoever. You are comparing an entire nation and their violent nature when speaking of gun related crimes to a server of 130-150 people of mixed ethnicity and personal background that barely research anything at fucking all. You are using real-life statistics on a server that has no desire whatsoever to be even semi-realistic, that being only the head of the spear you're tossing.

As previously mentioned, the motivation for police or the city officials to do their job seems highly... well, unrealistic? Ever seen the superhero movies where the average joe gets pissy about dealing with the same bullshit for years upon years and the city never doing anything about it before they go all vigilante mode? Now, I suppose I could start molotoving police stations because of biased cops (not the point of the argument, i will curbstomp you if you take this as the entire point of the argument to derail it) or start murdering criminals and city officials, but what does that really achieve? There will be even more mass crying and shitfests than you could've superceded.

The average mentality of a roleplayer is similiar to that of a homosapiens. Primitive shit, no higher understanding of what roleplay could be when you treat it as a book, not a goddamn movie called "Reservoir Dogs", honestly, even that is too good of a comparison, try "Expendables".

19 minutes ago, Veganiricist said:

I read it. What you are aiming at, however, makes no friggin' sense whatsoever. You are comparing an entire nation and their violent nature when speaking of gun related crimes to a server of 130-150 people of mixed ethnicity and personal background that barely research anything at fucking all. You are using real-life statistics on a server that has no desire whatsoever to be even semi-realistic, that being only the head of the spear you're tossing.

As previously mentioned, the motivation for police or the city officials to do their job seems highly... well, unrealistic? Ever seen the superhero movies where the average joe gets pissy about dealing with the same bullshit for years upon years and the city never doing anything about it before they go all vigilante mode? Now, I suppose I could start molotoving police stations because of biased cops (not the point of the argument, i will curbstomp you if you take this as the entire point of the argument to derail it) or start murdering criminals and city officials, but what does that really achieve? There will be even more mass crying and shitfests than you could've superceded.

The average mentality of a roleplayer is similiar to that of a homosapiens. Primitive shit, no higher understanding of what roleplay could be when you treat it as a book, not a goddamn movie called "Reservoir Dogs", honestly, even that is too good of a comparison, try "Expendables".

And again. You still failed to comprehend the basic point of my entire paragraph. Everyone wants something that benefits them, and when they don't get that they complain in the OOC before even attempting to try any IC means. And to top it all off, here is another paragraph I wrote.

16 hours ago, Brett said:

I can understand this. However, I do think there are tons of things icly we could be doing, instead of going straight to the OOC. However, I will say the lack of a uniform standard on Admining in regards to situations like this only makes the problem worse. I think it was @bartman who mentioned this with VCT, but having standards be dictated admin per admin on what's allowed and what's not depending on the experience of the admin leaves a lot of room for contradictions. One thing one admin may stop and revoke, is another thing one admin may accept and encourage. This leads to some admins doing stuff in these situations, to some admins not doing stuff at all and letting them continue. Or some may say "Fight it later, RP now." The standards are not set for anyone, and human error is contributing to a majority of the problems. Do I think the frequency of this stuff is too high, yes. But do I think more blame needs to be shared in regards to why it happens in the first place, yes. If the Owlgaming Staff had more concrete standards in how to deal with issues that come up to enforce a more uniform standard and we as players could see these standards to know what to live up to, I believe Owlgamings RP standard would generally improve.

Before you go about attacking a real life argument as to why these things happen, maybe you should actually read the entire thread here and understand someone elses point of view. And I can actually prove to you that realism is enforced on this server to a degree. Just because some people are idiots, doesn't mean realism is all thrown out the window. You can fight me on that point all day, but at the end you have no proof that realism on this server isn't even semi-realistic.