Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BusterAces

Rant

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

People take it here and make massive complaint threads instead of simply making a report on those involved and clearing it there and then. This didn't need to be a massive rant topic of 'if's' and 'thoughts'. It could've been a justified or non justified situation. We don't have admins actively looking into everything that happens. So if something is suspected as DM I'd personally rather see a report in game or on the UCP over threads like these.

im sorry but this is probably one of the very few threads that are actually kept civil and calm, it's a healthy discussion that's on most people's mind.

Just now, HumanRevolution said:

Oh of course, this isn't the ideal format at all. 

But someone did make the thread and it DID get results and allow the community to do so in a fairly decent manner, actually.

That's right. This thread did get made regardless and we aren't going to ignore that. We are investigating it right now :)

Just now, Tidemo said:

You don't seem to understand that we've reported almost every friday for the last year, but NOTHING has changed.

Can you link me? Or just PM me and I have no problem looking into that for you.

Just now, Tidemo said:

You don't seem to understand that we've reported almost every friday for the last year, but NOTHING has changed.

Are these IG reports or UCP ones? Like Chaos mentioned, let us see them and we'll see if they were handled appropriately or not. We're all for help, we're not here to make you look bad or shit on your thread, it has valid claims, but we also want it done through the proper channels, yes? I'm all for helping out, believe me. I completely understand the stuff you're going through.

Just now, Chaos said:

You consider a thread called "rant" on the forums with people making up conclusions about motive a proper way to let us know about something?

Yes, I would consider that. as reports clearly don't solve it. you don't know how many people I've seen jailed, how many times I've contacted GAT by reporting, to get these trolls away, but nothing has changed in the legal RP. it's quite hard to see for yourself if you're not a legal RPer.

Just now, Tidemo said:

Yes, I would consider that. as reports clearly don't solve it. you don't know how many people I've seen jailed, how many times I've contacted GAT by reporting, to get these trolls away, but nothing has changed in the legal RP. it's quite hard to see for yourself if you're not a legal RPer.

At this point I'm going to disregard every post you make claiming "reports clearly don't solve it" when I've asked multiple times to PM me or link me some and I will help you.

I'm giving you every opportunity to prove yourself and have me fix any wrongdoings and you aren't taking up on it.

1 minute ago, Tidemo said:

I am curious. What IC measures have you taken to try and prevent these incidents?

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Are these IG reports or UCP ones? Like Chaos mentioned, let us see them and we'll see if they were handled appropriately or not. We're all for help, we're not here to make you look bad or shit on your thread, it has valid claims, but we also want it done through the proper channels, yes? I'm all for helping out, believe me. I completely understand the stuff you're going through.

They we're IG reports. I'm sure that the visitors of the club has noticed this, also I'm not the only one that has been reporting, been me along with my staff members, and guests.

@Shanks @Chaos this thread was by all means not created to spark up any drama, this is a thing that's on most people's mind and it shows that people do agree with my ''rant''. this thread was always kept civil and no immature comments were made, light were shed on issues that people had and will now be looked into (hopefully) and i'd call that a pretty good thread, of course this is not the ideal way of doing things but it received a positive outcome which i'll be taking as a win.

i truly hope this is actually being investigated like it should be. people argue DM, they are right, no event like this should be sanctioned, name a server, it will never be allowed due to the scope and nature of the event. i don't understand why lead admins are befuddled like this is the first event. use your log event viewer, see who DM'd and contact them. if they felt like they were justifiable in action they should give context. which i highly doubt will conclude a reasonable explanation so they should be admin jailed.

any future cases that occur should be monitored, it's your only job as a game admin. you should give zero tolerance on shootings like this. it's stupid and nonsensically riles the community up. again let me repeat this, there shouldn't be any motive to shoot up a mall opening. it's probably bullshit like "im crazy and i have a gun let me shoot people lol" or "im a terrorist let me kill lots of people!"

you want to complain why people don't take this server seriously then wonder why people leave after they complain constantly while you sit by idle allowing things like this to happen. if you really wanted someone accountable, someone would be on the theoretically chopping block.

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

i truly hope this is actually being investigated like it should be. people argue DM, they are right, no event like this should be sanctioned, name a server, it will never be allowed due to the scope and nature of the event. i don't understand why lead admins are befuddled like this is the first event. use your log event viewer, see who DM'd and contact them. if they felt like they were justifiable in action they should give context. which i highly doubt will conclude a reasonable explanation so they should be admin jailed.

any future cases that occur should be monitored, it's your only job as a game admin. you should give zero tolerance on shootings like this. it's stupid and nonsensically riles the community up. again let me repeat this, there shouldn't be any motive to shoot up a mall opening. it's probably bullshit like "im crazy and i have a gun let me shoot people lol" or "im a terrorist let me kill lots of people!"

you want to complain why people don't take this server seriously then wonder why people leave after they complain constantly while you sit by idle allowing things like this to happen. if you really wanted someone accountable, someone would be on the theoretically chopping block.

I disagree that there is no motive to shoot up a mall opening. I could argue that there was no motive to shoot up a gay club. Yet...Orlando Shooting happened. Same thing with a school. Yet Columbine Happened. I could go on, and on.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

you want to complain why people don't take this server seriously then wonder why people leave after they complain constantly while you sit by idle allowing things like this to happen.

No one is doing that.

5 minutes ago, Brett said:

I disagree that there is no motive to shoot up a mall opening. I could argue that there was no motive to shoot up a gay club. Yet...Orlando Shooting happened. Same thing with a school. Yet Columbine Happened. I could go on, and on.

that has a motive though, fake muslims/christians/whatever taking their fake religion too far and ends up killing gay people because it's wrong to be gay in their mind. this is the mind of a nutjob.

So far what we've learned about the situation:

A SD vehicular chase was underway which ended up going to the mall. At the mall, the suspects and SD exchanged fire in which civilians were caught in the crossfire but not killed. 

No signs that this was a targeted event at the mall, nor that the situation even started at the mall.

Right now we are looking into the quality of roleplay of the individuals involved and if their motive for evading in the first place was valid.

2 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

that has a motive though, fake muslims/christians/whatever taking their fake religion too far and ends up killing gay people because it's wrong to be gay in their mind. this is the mind of a nutjob.

So, you're arguing that he has a reason due to him simply being a nutjob. So let me ask you this. If I made a character, and shot randomly at civilians. Would you be making this topic if my reason was simply "I'm a nutjob?"

1 minute ago, Brett said:

we can debate all day on this topic but i'll sum it up. that is not right at all. that stuff actually pisses me off. people in this server aren't subjected to rape or grotesque roleplay without their own approval. why the hell would you expect people to willingly roleplay being a survivor of of mass murderer? this world is a fucked up place, there's a lot of young people or people who have survived traumatic events, don't enforce your will on them by subjecting them to mass shootings or bombings.

with current events i think staff members are walking a thin line if they allow this stuff to happen. this isn't a survive a crazed killer roleplay server, this is a consistent and reoccurring thing. FMT and game admins allow a lot of these events to get vetted through without thinking of the ramifications of their actions. shame on them. this server can't even sustain dynamic roleplay on a private or legal side of things. don't allow things like this to get approved anymore. you'll drive people away.

2 minutes ago, Brett said:

So, you're arguing that he has a reason due to him simply being a nutjob. So let me ask you this. If I made a character, and shot randomly at civilians. Would you be making this topic if my reason was simply "I'm a nutjob?"

read what i wrote again, nutjob is not the reason, he's a nutjob for believing in his fake religion about killing someone

1 minute ago, BusterAces said:

read what i wrote again, nutjob is not the reason, he's a nutjob for believing in his fake religion about killing someone

But, it all comes down to what he believed in his MIND. So my argument to you has to be, if I made a character with a mental problem of any kind to murder people. Would you be making this topic?

Just now, Dusty said:

we can debate all day on this topic but i'll sum it up. that is not right at all. that stuff actually pisses me off. people in this server aren't subjected to rape or grotesque roleplay without their own approval. why the hell would you expect people to willingly roleplay being a survivor of of mass murderer? this world is a fucked up place, there's a lot of young people or people who have survived traumatic events, don't enforce your will on them by subjecting them to mass shootings or bombings.

with current events i think staff members are walking a thin line if they allow this stuff to happen. this isn't a survive a crazed killer roleplay server, this is a consistent and reoccurring thing. FMT and game admins allow a lot of these events to get vetted through without thinking of the ramifications of their actions. shame on them. this server can't even sustain dynamic roleplay on a private or legal side of things. don't allow things like this to get approved anymore. you'll drive people away.

Please read above with what we know about the situation.

Your second paragraph is just awful and has been covered above so I won't reply to it, please read above.

This whole kind of scenario has been a long standing issue in communities other than just Owl in all honesty.

People tend to lack creativity to make something unique and big, such as, for example, club openings that are unique and well made, and as of such, club openings and something that stands out as a large scale RP situation for the majority of the server are kind of far and few between for the most.

This of course means there's not much legal roleplay going on there.

Then this impacts the illegal side of roleplay. If there's not a vast selection of targets they can  cause havoc at (such as extortion or whatever it'll be), it'll of course look like every single club opening or such is targeted. Because it is. Due to the lack of club openings or such. (I'm using Club openings as a loose cover for pretty much everything related. Be it a mall opening, club opening, bars, parties, you name it.)

However, I have to backup personally what @Shanks and @Chaos have been trying to push forward to you guys here. They've both openly said they see your side of the situation, and it does definitely seem there's something wrong somewhere, and they've even stated they will, and are, looking into it further. So to continue posting and replying saying Admins don't give a flying fuck or don't look into anything is just making yourself look utterly retarded. So congratulations! Gold star to you!

In all honesty though something does need to happen and I'm glad UAT seem to be taking it on board as a discussion it seems. As was stated in one of the replies by Shanks I believe. People need legitimate reasons to ruin such events. They can't just go into a club and blow it up or shoot it up, or molotov it or whatever just because they feel like it. That's practically RDM which is against server rules. They need some form of legitimate reasoning behind it. So as players the best thing we can do is actually report it. Be it ingame through the report system and have an admin handle it ingame, or, if none available or able to resolve it, take it up to the ticket center, instead of making silly threads that end up like this with people fighting, and thus dividing the community.

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

So far what we've learned about the situation:

A SD vehicular chase was underway which ended up going to the mall. At the mall, the suspects and SD exchanged fire in which civilians were caught in the crossfire but not killed. 

No signs that this was a targeted event at the mall, nor that the situation even started at the mall.

Right now we are looking into the quality of roleplay of the individuals involved and if their motive for evading in the first place was valid.

so the usual ridiculously terrible roleplay. got it.

least we got some clarity to the situation.

Not really, we are looking into motives for running and returning fire at SD right now. But you can keep making yourself look stupid if you want.

How does what Chaos said even sum up "terrible roleplay"..he merely said a situation lead to that location and they're looking into it right now to see if it WAS terrible RP or not.. lol.

Just now, BusterAces said:

yes and mental issues has to be approved by uat unless the rules were changed and anyone can be a psycho 

Either way, this proves my point.

In real life, the United States has one of the highest gun crime rates in the world. And shootings can happen by just you being a recluse white kid in a basement, to a radical with an assault rifle. Either way, even though it would be a legit reason in the real world. On Owl, we simply have a problem of if an RP doesn't go the way you intend it, you want to find a way to make it benefit you by limiting the other. This topic merely is you trying to get a benefit by limiting something that can happen irl, due to the fact you got no benefit out of the shooting or whatever. And this is my problem. The fact that nobody chooses to lose, and even when they choose to lose they never take any real IC action. It's always one day "UAT FIX THIS," or "UAT NEEDS TO GET OUTTA THIS." Stop the going back and forth saying you want more regulation at one point, then less regulation at another point cause it's contradicting as hell. Now I personally don't know what all really happened today, but I simply hate the arguments currently presented. In real life, you deal with shit. I'm sure that before 9/11 people thought that something like that could NEVER happen. Yet it did. Same with all the mass shootings etc. They just dealt with it by passing laws to limit more stuff, and try and curb the violence. Why instead of you icly pushing for aggressive gun control etc, you go OOC? Nobody here has voiced the opinion other then Chaos to take this ICly and do something. You all simply love to complain via an OOC mean, to get something you OOCly want, for you to OOCly be happy. And that....that's the problem of the server. From all angles. And this isn't personally for you Buster, but a lot of people do this and it needs to stop.