Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BusterAces

Rant

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why are you claiming blatant RDM but know nothing about the situation?

 

Then tell us otherwise. 

I'm claiming it because you're apparently unable to explain it for us and demand we take it IC. Which to me reads as if it's some silly thing planned by someone in UAT for events and 'fun' for the shooters. 

If that's the case, all it does it damage your own server by ruining RP and turning LS in Fallajuah RP. 

 

If you DON'T know, Chaos, then what possibly reason could anyone have to randomly attack 3 hotspots for anything other than DM? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chaos said:

Why are you claiming blatant RDM but know nothing about the situation?

Probably because Club X has been subjected to it lately, around a year. isnt really hard to figure out that people purposely attacks legal RP spots, to ruin everyones night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why are you claiming blatant RDM but know nothing about the situation?

what harm did the mall do to anyone? care to elaborate on that? what did club x do? every event in owl ends up with drama and people are sick of it to a point where they arent even showing up that is not an ic issue anymore people are sick of it oocly and you as a owner and staff have to look into that unless you want everyone to sit inside their apartment doing nothing.. not like ppl are complaining that there's no rp anyway right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made a post about situations like this before. It's a two edged blade. One side we want legal RP to thrive and create specific types of RP, but at the same time we don't want to be too restrictive either. Now I understand there needs to be something set and I suggested before that you could go about this like you do about torching places or robbing. You get supervision. This of course restricts RP and you get people complaining as well, but I do understand it's not fair to people wanting to roleplay a normal life and go about their day to be subjected to this every time - having it ruin whatever normal RP event it is you're trying to create, may it so be a club, cinema or a mall in this case today. I understand how someone shooting and in response the SD shutting off the entire RP scene kills the RP off.

 

I'd personally like to see the community members realize what is happening themselves, and then specifically aimed at the ones interested in causing a commotion at these places. You know there's plenty of places you can do your business, and if you really have a legit reason to do whatever it is you're doing, let an admin know so they can deem if this is something we want right now and right here or if it can wait.

 

I'm not saying or wanting to restrict people, which is my issue here - but I don't want the legal side of the roleplay to sit and suffer because someone feels the need to make cracks in any situation and creation that attracts over 15 people to the same location. Comes down to maturity of players. Not necessarily saying you're immature for shooting up a mall, but at least have a pretty good reason for doing it, you know it'll hurt RP going on there, and if you got beef with someone in there - you can maybe wait a bit longer and at a better time before you start your attacks.

 

In regards to this, if you think it was RDM, you report the people involved. Easy as that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FMT is the LEAST qualified group of individuals who can interpret laws or reform in-character acts. dear god please don't give FMT the authority to act out on certain situations that shouldn't even be allowed in general.

 

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why are you claiming blatant RDM but know nothing about the situation?

so do tell us lord commander. what the hell happened, why was a shooting allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

*snip*

i dont mind drama going down but when it happens at every event  created in owl it pisses people off and we all know ''serious'' rp cannot go smooth without ooc or a pause, again i do not support restricting people from doing what they like but it's stupid how events that bring people together to actually rp gets destroyed by that one person that just couldn't let people have some fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HumanRevolution said:

 

Then tell us otherwise. 

I'm claiming it because you're apparently unable to explain it for us and demand we take it IC. Which to me reads as if it's some silly thing planned by someone in UAT for events and 'fun' for the shooters. 

If that's the case, all it does it damage your own server by ruining RP and turning LS in Fallajuah RP. 

 

If you DON'T know, Chaos, then what possibly reason could anyone have to randomly attack 3 hotspots for anything other than DM? Lol.

 

11 minutes ago, Tidemo said:

Probably because Club X has been subjected to it lately, around a year. isnt really hard to figure out that people purposely attacks legal RP spots, to ruin everyones night.

 

10 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

what harm did the mall do to anyone? care to elaborate on that? what did club x do? every event in owl ends up with drama and people are sick of it to a point where they arent even showing up that is not an ic issue anymore people are sick of it oocly and you as a owner and staff have to look into that unless you want everyone to sit inside their apartment doing nothing.. not like ppl are complaining that there's no rp anyway right?

"Blatant RDM!"
"Okay so how do you know that if you know nothing about the situation?"
"Prove us otherwise!"

 

I offered alternatives in ways you can take this IC and actually use things like this to spin off some really fun and interesting RP. Regarding this specific incident is under investigation in which not a SINGLE person player reported this incident, instead we come on the forums to see pointing fingers, "BLATANT RDM!" and etc with really no concrete information.

I'm the one asking questions too because I want to know how you got to that conclusion about this specific event. 

 

We are constantly in a battle of "OwlGaming needs admins for everything!" and "WHERE WERE THE ADMINS??" finding a balance between the two is difficult and never will really be a perfect system but I can assure you that the right steps are always being made to try and get this as perfect as we can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

 

 

"Blatant RDM!"
"Okay so how do you know that if you know nothing about the situation?"
"Prove us otherwise!"

 

I offered alternatives in ways you can take this IC and actually use things like this to spin off some really fun and interesting RP. Regarding this specific incident is under investigation in which not a SINGLE person player reported this incident, instead we come on the forums to see pointing fingers, "BLATANT RDM!" and etc with really no concrete information.

I'm the one asking questions too because I want to know how you got to that conclusion about this specific event. 

 

We are constantly in a battle of "OwlGaming needs admins for everything!" and "WHERE WERE THE ADMINS??" finding a balance between the two is difficult and never will really be a perfect system but I can assure you that the right steps are always being made to try and get this as perfect as we can. 

 

Given the fact the GAT have held events like this in the past, they likely believed it was one of them. I know I would've after the Pizza Stack bombing a while back which I have the same opinion about.

Like, mate, lose the attitude? We're not here to scream at you and say "Omg guys Chaos + co suk balls lets split fam" we're telling you, this is DM.

We're explaining to you, this isn't fun. This stuff NEEDS to be dealt with and prevented. That's the basis of literally any RP community, enforcing its rules. Shooting up every legal place that opens kills RP and is just disrespectful to the people putting in effort to provide for their fellow players.

 

If I open up that restaurant I won in that competition recently and someone shoots it up on the opening day with no reason at all and you tell me to take it IC, I'd get a bit pissed off too. Tidemo, who helps run club X from what I've understood of his posts, is here telling you as well as someone trying to do just that that IT ISNT FUN.

 

Don't talk down to people and scoff and say "Take it IC" when it's literally fixable by banning the person who has broken a server rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

FMT is the LEAST qualified group of individuals who can interpret laws or reform in-character acts. dear god please don't give FMT the authority to act out on certain situations that shouldn't even be allowed in general.

 

so do tell us lord commander. what the hell happened, why was a shooting allowed?

SCoSA kinda has been given the ability to handle laws on behalf of FMT. Been like that for about ever. Due to the fact the people who know how to do that are in SCoSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chaos look at club x, it didnt have a single opening without shit going down and people legit rather be at home doing nothing than be there because they didn't feel like being shot or stabbed, people actually went inside the club and jumped off the highest goddamn point inside the building for shits and giggles if you try and get this done icly im telling you right now it wont change anything, you need to tell people that wants to burn, or shoot a location that they need a valid reason for it. having beef with 1 person in that area is not valid what so ever, you wait for the person to leave you dont just straight up kill the person on sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

 

 

"Blatant RDM!"
"Okay so how do you know that if you know nothing about the situation?"
"Prove us otherwise!"

 

I offered alternatives in ways you can take this IC and actually use things like this to spin off some really fun and interesting RP. Regarding this specific incident is under investigation in which not a SINGLE person player reported this incident, instead we come on the forums to see pointing fingers, "BLATANT RDM!" and etc with really no concrete information.

I'm the one asking questions too because I want to know how you got to that conclusion about this specific event. 

 

We are constantly in a battle of "OwlGaming needs admins for everything!" and "WHERE WERE THE ADMINS??" finding a balance between the two is difficult and never will really be a perfect system but I can assure you that the right steps are always being made to try and get this as perfect as we can. 

We do take it icly everytime, this is beyond the point of taking this icly currently, it's your job to keep a realistic roleplay community, not a call of duty deathmatch server, literally, everytime theres a legal IC hotspot, like a club, mall, theatre, whatever. it always ends up with the place being firebombed, shot up, etcetera, with the reasoning being? thats what I want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HumanRevolution said:

 

Given the fact the GAT have held events like this in the past, they likely believed it was one of them. I know I would've after the Pizza Stack bombing a while back which I have the same opinion about.

Like, mate, lose the attitude? We're not here to scream at you and say "Omg guys Chaos + co suk balls lets split fam" we're telling you, this is DM.

We're explaining to you, this isn't fun. This stuff NEEDS to be dealt with and prevented. That's the basis of literally any RP community, enforcing its rules. Shooting up every legal place that opens kills RP and is just disrespectful to the people putting in effort to provide for their fellow players.

 

If I open up that restaurant I won in that competition recently and someone shoots it up on the opening day with no reason at all and you tell me to take it IC, I'd get a bit pissed off too. Tidemo, who helps run club X from what I've understood of his posts, is here telling you as well as someone trying to do just that that IS ISNT FUN.

 

Don't talk down to people and scoff and say "Take it IC" when it's literally fixable by jailing the person who has broken a server rule.

This was not a GAT approved event, this was spontaneous. 

 

I have no attitude I'm just not taking the bullshit. You literally just said "we're telling you, this is DM" No you really don't know that and the fact you keep trying to say that when you know nothing of the situation is infuriating me and adding to misinformation on this thread.

 

Enforcing the rules is important you're very right. As I said we are investigating it and as I also said, not a single player reported the event except for this thread so it's a little bit more difficult to track down information. 

I didn't talk down to you or anyone. I replied with methods you can look at this event in an IC manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BusterAces said:

@Chaos look at club x, it didnt have a single opening without shit going down and people legit rather be at home doing nothing than be there because they didn't feel like being shot or stabbed, people actually went inside the club and jumped off the highest goddamn point inside the building for shits and giggles if you try and get this done icly im telling you right now it wont change anything, you need to tell people that wants to burn, or shoot a location that they need a valid reason for it. having beef with 1 person in that area is not valid what so ever, you wait for the person to leave you dont just straight up skill the person on sight.

They already need a reason for it. If people are doing shit for the hell of it, and you suspect it - you report them. You need to have a reason to commit your acts like that. I'll look into todays mall incident and see what I can do with those involved there. But for future reference, you can report someone out of gut feeling as well. They do something and you suspect they got no real reason - report them and have an admin look into it.

 

You need a reason to commit whatever acts it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

@Chaos look at club x, it didnt have a single opening without shit going down and people legit rather be at home doing nothing than be there because they didn't feel like being shot or stabbed, people actually went inside the club and jumped off the highest goddamn point inside the building for shits and giggles if you try and get this done icly im telling you right now it wont change anything, you need to tell people that wants to burn, or shoot a location that they need a valid reason for it. having beef with 1 person in that area is not valid what so ever, you wait for the person to leave you dont just straight up kill the person on sight.

This is already covered in the rules under DM. They need a proper reason and if you player report someone for not having a proper reason it will be handled swiftly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I have no attitude I'm just not taking the bullshit. 

 

Pick one. :l 

 

In seriousness, people shoot up 3 big RP hotspots and you're surprised it's seen as DM when the administration aren't aware of why it happened either?

If it ends up being an actual good reason that community also agrees on out of the blue I'll shut my mouth and eat my hat. But I really doubt that's the case, babe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chaos said:

This is already covered in the rules under DM. They need a proper reason and if you player report someone for not having a proper reason it will be handled swiftly.

Then why does this keep happening? for the last year EVERY event has had drama, we've reported, taken it icly. but nothing has changed. have you seen the candles outside of Club X by the way? around ten people died there, including the CEO of the club. It's not fun, not only from my point of view, but every other legal RPer that wants a great time with their friends, RPing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is already covered in the rules under DM. They need a proper reason and if you player report someone for not having a proper reason it will be handled swiftly.

again how does one get a proper reason to burn down/shoot up a club every friday? i seriously dont get why jgc still has club x open. they've been smacked in the face so many times i actually give them props for still trying and not giving up on the club already, and i feel bad for them taking the time to make the mall just to have it shoot up the same day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HumanRevolution said:

 

Pick one. :l 

 

In seriousness, people shoot up 3 big RP hotspots and you're surprised it's seen as DM when the administration aren't aware of why it happened either?

If it ends up being an actual good reason that community also agrees on out of the blue I'll shut my mouth and eat my hat. But I really doubt that's the case, babe.

People shooting up the hotspots are all things that if you feel were just random without motive can easily be reported and dealt with. Like it's REALLY not a big deal and we are ready to help you guys with that. You just need to let us know. These spontaneous events don't always have an admin watching from the start so we have to backtrack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HumanRevolution said:

 

Pick one. :l 

 

In seriousness, people shoot up 3 big RP hotspots and you're surprised it's seen as DM when the administration aren't aware of why it happened either?

If it ends up being an actual good reason that community also agrees on out of the blue I'll shut my mouth and eat my hat. But I really doubt that's the case, babe.

People take it here and make massive complaint threads instead of simply making a report on those involved and clearing it there and then. This didn't need to be a massive rant topic of 'if's' and 'thoughts'. It could've been a justified or non justified situation. We don't have admins actively looking into everything that happens. So if something is suspected as DM I'd personally rather see a report in game or on the UCP over threads like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tidemo said:

Then why does this keep happening? for the last year EVERY event has had drama, we've reported, taken it icly. but nothing has changed. have you seen the candles outside of Club X by the way? around ten people died there, including the CEO of the club. It's not fun, not only from my point of view, but every other legal RPer that wants a great time with their friends, RPing.

 

1 minute ago, BusterAces said:

again how does one get a proper reason to burn down/shoot up a club every friday? i seriously dont get why jgc still has club x open. they've been smacked in the face so many times i actually give them props for still trying and not giving up on the club already, and i feel bad for them taking the time to make the mall just to have it shoot up the same day

Can you guys link me to the reports you made on the situations on the ticket center? I can check them out again and see if they were not handled properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chaos said:

People shooting up the hotspots are all things that if you feel were just random without motive can easily be reported and dealt with. Like it's REALLY not a big deal and we are ready to help you guys with that. You just need to let us know. These spontaneous events don't always have an admin watching from the start so we have to backtrack.

Didnt we just let you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shanks said:

People take it here and make massive complaint threads instead of simply making a report on those involved and clearing it there and then. This didn't need to be a massive rant topic of 'if's' and 'thoughts'. It could've been a justified or non justified situation. We don't have admins actively looking into everything that happens. So if something is suspected as DM I'd personally rather see a report in game or on the UCP over threads like these.

You don't seem to understand that we've reported almost every friday for the last year, but NOTHING has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tidemo said:

Didnt we just let you know?

You consider a thread called "rant" on the forums with people making up conclusions about motive a proper way to let us know about something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and follow our Guidelines.