Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BusterAces

Rant

Just now, BusterAces said:

good question, seems like rdm is fine, and the mall shooting was never voided

that's a problem that needs to be addressed up the vine. it's not cool to have people run around shooting places up for no reason. there's nothing roleplay about that other than inflicting an end-game move on dozens of people. people need to be punished, no one needs a stupid molotov, please don't tell me those get spawned because some shithead roleplayed making one for 5 minutes.

sorry @Chaos but you can't just spout go ic for things like this. this is a roleplay server but i seriously think you need to have your teams tone down and crack down on mass murders or something similar in scope. it's a tense and complex situation that many people aren't comfortable talking about nonetheless willing to roleplay that plus it's totally a mood killer. no one wants to open up their club just to be subjected to idiots wanting to shoot the place up for little to no reason.

this server has NO nightlife, no business openings, no sustained or dynamic ecosystem besides criminals and government agencies and to have them ruined every step of the way over petty shit is embarrassing. whoever shot up the mall should announce himself/herself so we can see their motive. personally curious.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Go IC and cry to the government for better gun control. Complain that the mayor is shit and the SD fails to provide public security. 

Only the State Government can actually make a stricter Gun Control law. Unless you want FMT/SCoSA to use the IC outrage as reasons to ban weapons.

1 minute ago, Brett said:

Only the State Government can actually make a stricter Gun Control law. Unless you want FMT/SCoSA to use the IC outrage as reasons to ban weapons.

I don't really have an issue with FMT acting as a state government in certain situations.

Just now, Chaos said:

I don't really have an issue with FMT acting as a state government in certain situations.

Not saying that. I'm basically saying, that all IC rage regarding this incident would have to be made into an OOC Public Contact. As they would have to write the law. Or tell SCoSA judges to write it for them since we're schooled on these subjects.

Just now, Brett said:

Not saying that. I'm basically saying, that all IC rage regarding this incident would have to be made into an OOC Public Contact. As they would have to write the law. Or tell SCoSA judges to write it for them since we're schooled on these subjects.

I'm not sure why you are bringing this up. FMT can act on major public outrage with the courts for new laws.

Just now, Chaos said:

I'm not sure why you are bringing this up. FMT can act on major public outrage with the courts for new laws.

I've personally just never seen FMT be pro-active to do that kinda stuff. The amount of laws we have now are like months to a year apart. But if they take the initiative, I have no problem with them doing that. I was merely saying that, the players would have to end up making the PC, which irl the State Government would already be taking more actions which FMT generally hasn't in like ever.

Guest Piercee
13 minutes ago, BusterAces said:

why bring fmt in when it's clear what people here already think? that this is just rdm

It's an ongoing trend that seems to happen alot, quite annoying to be constantly blamed for stuff tbh.

2 minutes ago, Piercee said:

It's an ongoing trend that seems to happen alot, quite annoying to be constantly blamed for stuff tbh.

i was in fmt for a while and we always got shit on for anything, damned if you do and damned if you don't is the mentality i went with

in the past year as Club X has been subjected to terrorist attacks. almost at EVERY event. which is so damn unrealistic so I do not know where I should go with this. Club X was closed for about two months so that we could restore it after the attack happened. During all that time, night life RP was so requested by the community. we've tried our best to bring that back, but we really do loose  the motivation when we keep getting subjected for terrorist attacks. Why even allow people to come and bomb, shoot down places with the reason "cuz its fun." You really lose the urge to have a club open, which actually gives roleplay to people, which people complain that there are not enough of. I understand the illegal side of the roleplay that they also want to generate more RP but this is just above the limit. We have planned the shopping center for about two months, with board meetings, financial checkups, celebrity lease, schedules, what stores will open, employees, interior mapping, etcetera. there is more behind the scenes that people do not really see. we have spent so much damn time on getting this new hotspot for people, so people could enjoy their RP, socialize with friends, but it always ends with a person coming to shoot it down instead. it ruined the event for at least 25 people.

3 minutes ago, Tidemo said:

in the past year as Club X has been subjected to terrorist attacks. almost at EVERY event. which is so damn unrealistic so I do not know where I should go with this. Club X was closed for about two months so that we could restore it after the attack happened. During all that time, night life RP was so requested by the community. we've tried our best to bring that back, but we really do loose  the motivation when we keep getting subjected for terrorist attacks. Why even allow people to come and bomb, shoot down places with the reason "cuz its fun." You really lose the urge to have a club open, which actually gives roleplay to people, which people complain that there are not enough of. I understand the illegal side of the roleplay that they also want to generate more RP but this is just above the limit. We have planned the shopping center for about two months, with board meetings, financial checkups, celebrity lease, schedules, what stores will open, employees, interior mapping, etcetera. there is more behind the scenes that people do not really see. we have spent so much damn time on getting this new hotspot for people, so people could enjoy their RP, socialize with friends, but it always ends with a person coming to shoot it down instead. it ruined the event for at least 25 people.

this is the main thing that sparked my rant, club x was getting hit every time and that's why I was never there because I didn't feel like getting CK'd.

@Chaos could we get some sort of response to the fact this was quite blatantly RDM? I get uou want to try and keep this IC, but frankly it isn't. It'd DM. It's not fun. It ruins nightlife RP. I mean, 3 things opening up on one night and all getting shot up for no reason? That's not a good thing ooc.

Just now, BusterAces said:

this is the main thing that sparked my rant, club x was getting hit every time and that's why I was never there because I didn't feel like getting CK'd.

i'm not only hearing this from you. I do know alot of people that are afraid of going there, because they'll most likely loose their character. and it's not exactly giving us a good reputation as a company.

Just now, HumanRevolution said:

@Chaos could we get some sort of response to the fact this was quite blatantly RDM? I get uou want to try and keep this IC, but frankly it isn't. It'd DM. It's not fun. It ruins nightlife RP. I mean, 3 things opening up on one night and all getting shot up? That's not a good thing ooc.

It could be regulated like how Ammunation robberies are done which requires UAT permission, however. Where is the fun in that? I understand there is a problem but it's more the members of the community rather than anything else. 

1 minute ago, HumanRevolution said:

@Chaos could we get some sort of response to the fact this was quite blatantly RDM? I get uou want to try and keep this IC, but frankly it isn't. It'd DM. It's not fun. It ruins nightlife RP. I mean, 3 things opening up on one night and all getting shot up for no reason? That's not a good thing ooc.

Sorry, how was this blatant RDM? Do you know the shooters motives or what his objective was?

3 minutes ago, Tidemo said:

i'm not only hearing this from you. I do know alot of people that are afraid of going there, because they'll most likely loose their character. and it's not exactly giving us a good reputation as a company.

i was at the opening for the mall, wanna know what me n a friend were doin? checking every corner for anyone being fishy. lucky enough i left 2min before the shooting

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

It could be regulated like how Ammunation robberies are done which requires UAT permission, however. Where is the fun in that? I understand there is a problem but it's more the members of the community rather than anything else. 

no uat persmission is a little harsh, but i feel as it would need a reasoning for doing such acts like shooting a mall, torching a club etc.

1 minute ago, BusterAces said:

i was at the opening for the mall, wanna know what me n a friend were doin? checking every corner for anyone being fishy. lucky enough i left 2min before the shooting

You're not the only one.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Sorry, how was this blatant RDM? Do you know the shooters motives or what his objective was?

That's exactly what we're asking. If you know, tell us. If you don't, it blatantly was.

How can it be beneficial to have all legal RP hotspots attacked?

It's just not fun.

1 minute ago, HumanRevolution said:

That's exactly what we're asking. If you know, tell us. If you don't, it blatantly was.

How can it be beneficial to have all legal RP hotspots attacked?

It's just not fun.

Why are you claiming blatant RDM but know nothing about the situation?