Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dusty

[Discussion] OwlGaming's Future & You

Why would Chaos quit, only to come back less than 24 hours later under another name when absolutely nothing in the community has changed? Good detective work there, but it just doesn't make sense. And also, why would Maxime have him back under another name when he just quit and basically blamed Maxime for the server's problems... 

I am who I just told you I am, and it really has nothing to do with this thread. I merely joined the discussion because it seemed nobody else on the development team had intention to do so. We have ideas to make the server better, and we intend to put them into play. 

But, because you're a professional scripter you'll take another 6 months to test and debug every script before actually doing something for the players.

Why would Chaos quit, only to come back less than 24 hours later under another name when absolutely nothing in the community has changed? Good detective work there, but it just doesn't make sense. And also, why would Maxime have him back under another name when he just quit and basically blamed Maxime for the server's problems... 

I am who I just told you I am, and it really has nothing to do with this thread. I merely joined the discussion because it seemed nobody else on the development team had intention to do so. We have ideas to make the server better, and we intend to put them into play. 

It's an illusion, Chaos. :)

Why would you write this story when you're not Chaos?

Everyone who's acting like everything is lost is wrong, and dying is not something that's likely to happen. There are some issues that need to be tended to like the ones @@Brett mentioned in his thread.

I'm under the firm belief that if we had a non IG server admin who has proper references and proof to back up the efforts he's willing to go through to help the server, that said person should be appointed as a server manager/head of UAT. I believe the transparency of it would shoot up if done correctly, like in my post.

I really thought OwlGaming was going replace vG and that we could play without fearing that all our earnings will become worthless by a new server popping up.

Also, OwlGaming luckily never had lesbian SWAT officers, but then again I think what makes people want to leave is that this place is the most corruupt of all the RP servers that ever existed since vG.

Apart from this, who ever dared to bring an RPG element to oG? Back in vG, every police situation was a CK. With the rules here there were barely any CKs and hence very poor RP. On top of this, gunshots are not required to be rped each. Really? That's promotion of DM ..

Try to delete threads and ban people for advertising like an autoratic regime, it only proves the corruption even more. OwlGaming is dying and noone will be able to prevent it.

If you want to leave, leave. If you want to stay, stay. You world is yours to dictate, not mine. 

I still have some hope for this community that all the bashing will stop and we will be friendly again. No fucking friend circles, etc etc.

I really thought OwlGaming was going replace vG and that we could play without fearing that all our earnings will become worthless by a new server popping up.

Also, OwlGaming luckily never had lesbian SWAT officers, but then again I think what makes people want to leave is that this place is the most corruupt of all the RP servers that ever existed since vG.

Apart from this, who ever dared to bring an RPG element to oG? Back in vG, every police situation was a CK. With the rules here there were barely any CKs and hence very poor RP. On top of this, gunshots are not required to be rped each. Really? That's promotion of DM ..

Try to delete threads and ban people for advertising like an autoratic regime, it only proves the corruption even more. OwlGaming is dying and noone will be able to prevent it.

It really made me laugh when the marines faction was actually approved. Shows how retarded Owl became.

owlgaming died, ok.

so what's the gameplan here? i only care about having a medium to RP on; so when is that becoming free of ddos

gta v rp is answer.

gta v rp is answer.

Yeh goodluck starting a gta v server without Take 2 Studios sending u DMCA and C&D within a week.

It really made me laugh when the marines faction was actually approved. Shows how retarded Owl became.

What? I'm sorry but, how did administration problems translate into a faction bash? The marines faction was not retarded in the slightest, nor does that contribute to this thread. The simple mindedness shows how retarded owl is, not a faction.

What? I'm sorry but, how did administration problems translate into a faction bash? The marines faction was not retarded in the slightest, nor does that contribute to this thread. The simple mindedness shows how retarded owl is, not a faction.

It's stupid that they approve marines while they limit court and USMS.

xSweg players like you ruin Owl Gaming, that's the problem.

Quit the bashing, and helpfix something. Your comment helps nothing, especially when I provide solutions to problems. @@Dynamo

I say let it burn, seriously. MTA servers come and go everyday, if you choose to stick with it @@Maxime and stay alive as a server, then you'll just be another MTA:RP, a server with next to no players slowly creeping upon it's death.

I seriously thought this server was different from MTA:RP in a way, that you guys did things better, but at the end of the day, Maxime did exactly what Matthew Bellow did, sat blindly behind his computer allowing his server to waste away without giving any attempts to fix it himself.

Either pick up the slack @@Maxime and show us that you can handle this situation and turn owl around, either that or this is the end for oG.

You can tell me I am wrong all you want, you can delete my post if you want, but that will only confirm what everyone is thinking.

Goodluck to everyone whom is staff, I hope you make the right choices.

Guys see now if it's not going to be fixed. I prefere to the server to shutdown forever. Because I like to have a good and fun in RP. And then we see a really good server like owlgaming and people still coming to join it find it's a DDoS land. So I prefere that I shutdown the server better than loosing a lot of people want to join. Or fix it in anyway.

I'd personally like to see a full server wipe, on a stronger host. Allow the economy to become fresh with realistic prices and no hourly paycheck system. 

A full team of dedicated, possibly paid scripters to enhance work ethic. I know a great deal of people that spend more time and effort on OwlGaming then their current real life employment, so payment would seem logical but perhaps not practical. 

The staff team needs a revamp. I'm talking a mass meeting, find out who lies in which direction right now. If you're not committed to the server or your staff position to give it 110%? That's fine. Thank you for your contribution and file a reinstatement when you've found that hunger and passion again. 

If the server wasn't getting shafted up the ass. I don't personally think @@Chaos' departure would of had such a big impact as it did. As he's recognised as the most known and present face within our community we assumed he was doing all the work, in which some cases is true but do we ALL truly know what happens behind the scenes? I doubt it. 

In terms of server management and their communication to the community. It's been appalling. If it's from server maintenance, an error within the script or an attack taking place, it should be within a duty and just basic respect to your community that you inform them of the changes to the servers status. I understand that we would not like to publicize an attack but it's better than leaving people in the dark and second guessing for different opinions and stories to spread around to the community which puts everyone in a panic or frenzy. It doesn't take much out of your time to write an announcement, heck.. this text so far has taken me eight minutes. 

One of the main issues right now, and I hate to say it but it's ourselves ladies and gents. As a community.. and more importantly as a gaming community we share some of the same interests. It could be from gaming, meeting new people or just roleplay but we all do come from different backgrounds and past communities alike. When you speak of a community, the first few words that should come to mind are "Friendship", "Fun" and "Friendly". During the last few months, decisions and opinions have split us all in different directions, different groups who all will band together to help their friends. Now we have seen those groups clash together, be it from the LSPD to Illegal factions. Staff vs community or community vs comminity and staff vs staff.

It's been a downwards spiral for a large number of months and now we're at the so to speak.. "Big bang" phase. It's not going to be easy to recover from such a large blow like this one but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do so. Let's make positive changes together for the better of this community or we all leave together knowing we did our best to save what we have built up over the previous two years.