MindScape

[REL] Helmet Texture Templates / UV Maps

Please make a guide, is there a way to see how it looks IG like you can do with various programs for character models?

Anyway thanks for the share!

Edited by LeNova

Please make a guide, is there a way to see how it looks IG like you can do with various programs for character models?

I can upload the .dff, then you can use it in DFF Viewer just like a character model? I'll do that now.

Really appreciated!  :D)'>

DFF's are uploaded in the initial post.

lol this helps me so much

Glad it does :)

I will probs be making a skinning tutorial for cars & helmets if the need is there.

But @@MindScape00 thanks for unwrapping these for us man! I am so glad I can use the wireframe now hehe.

I'm the only one who can't get the fullfacehelmet.dff working? it always crashes my dff viewer.

I've never been able to get a DFF viewer to work for me. Personally, I just use Blender with a DFF importer, then I can view the UV Texture map, view any texture on it, and even use the UV painter (it's pretty bad, the UV painter, but good for drawing small lines to get an idea relative on the actual texture for something else). And it works in blender.

EDIT: Try this one though? http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgop4i0xsghwcz1/fullfacehelmet%282%29.dff

Edited by MindScape00

Thanks!

And... is it possible if you can show where the textures "patches" (Images you uploaded) is on the actual helmet? 

That would be helpful... thanks again

^w^

I know this thread is a little old, but I found it useful, here are some Templates I made using MindScape90's .DFF and Wireframe Templates.

Here is a .PSD Template or .TGA for the Motocross Helmet:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oemwikql65uei/Motocross_Helmet

For the .PSD Template, use CTRL + Click on the layer's thumbnail to select its area.

It's colour coded,
Preview (On Model): (Black Lines you see are now fixed)
gGFF0MT.png

Edited by VenomousInc

13 hours ago, MindScape00 said:

That's rather brilliant. Thank you :)

I think some pieces of the layers are not overlapping the black enough, easy enough to fix though.
Hope it helps you out.

13 minutes ago, Glatoos said:

@MindScape00 My dff viewer keeps crashing when I try to look at it, any fix to this?

No idea, I don't use dff viewer because it's never worked to start for me.

On 6/23/2016 at 1:46 PM, VenomousInc said:

I know this thread is a little old, but I found it useful, here are some Templates I made using MindScape90's .DFF and Wireframe Templates.

Here is a .PSD Template or .TGA for the Motocross Helmet:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oemwikql65uei/Motocross_Helmet

For the .PSD Template, use CTRL + Click on the layer's thumbnail to select its area.

It's colour coded,
Preview (On Model): (Black Lines you see are now fixed)
gGFF0MT.png

Still have this?

Bumping this, because for some reason, when I searched for helmet templates on the forums, I didn't find this. Only shows up in google searches.
So I'll place down some tags to help anyone interested.

HELMET TEMPLATE
HELMET TEXTURE
HELMET
HELMET TEXTURE TEMPLATE
FULLFACE HELMET TEXTURE
BIKER HELMET TEXTURE
FULL FACE HELMET TEXTURE

Hopefully this helps.

I can't get to open the DFF file in ZModeller. 
It says 'This file is locked and cannot be imported'.

Bumping this once more because I wanted to try and start creating some skins myself and I see people had issues in the past using DFF Viewer, I encountered the same exact issues when trying to launch the fullfacehelmet.dff for example and it would crash my viewer too, but I found a way to resolve it I believe.

I downloaded both DFF Viewer and the DFF file that mindscape so kindly supplied us all with, but simply trying to open it directly didn't work. What I found was by grabbing another DFF file via the TXD Workshop to view, such as a player skin, this would load up and you'd be able to see it. After this has been done, then attempting to view the fullfacehelmet.dff does actually work for some bizarre reason. I tried then re-closing the viewer and opening the fullfacehelmet.dff once more first, but it resulted in it crashing again like it did first time around. I don't know why this happens but hopefully if people are still struggling and want to start learning, this can help you out a little too.

See Spoiler for images:

Spoiler

Trying to load the fullfacehelmet.dff as first model:

382aa49c2bad8f665ec339a035bd3a70.png

Relaunching the viewer now and opening a different DFF exported from the TXD Workshop:

165a58818669f2001f3e0c8c06e4d6ac.png

Finally now whilst this model is on screen, clicking open again and attempting to open the fullfacehelmet.dff once more:

15b295aa126829637b9a89a6151990c9.png

Again, hope this is able to help a few people with some errors I see mentioned in the past. I was able to figure out this way of resolving them and hopefully this allows some more people to create custom helmets specifically and view them beforehand.

EDIT: A new issue I have encountered however is that the helmet doesn't want to apply a texture to it in the way the skin does. If anyone knows how to fix this one, a reply would be greatly appreciated - in the meantime I'm trying to solve it myself.

Edited by Trezeno