Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craazy

UAT approving metagaming and non-RP... is it a good thing or a bad thing?

I didn't read through it all, it was horrible to do so with those blurred lines and "SUPPORTER" "ME" everywhere. However, I do believe the man has a point..you can't rightfully jail him for an NPC holding items, be it his character or not. Realistically if you catch an employee of starbucks for example, selling dope on the side you wouldn't arrest the general manager for the offence.

As for the weed on his person, that's different, but the NPC stuff is a bit far fetched imho.

I didn't read through it all, it was horrible to do so with those blurred lines and "SUPPORTER" "ME" everywhere. However, I do believe the man has a point..you can't rightfully jail him for an NPC holding items, be it his character or not. Realistically if you catch an employee of starbucks for example, selling dope on the side you wouldn't arrest the general manager for the offence.

As for the weed on his person, that's different, but the NPC stuff is a bit far fetched imho.

actually RICO lets you do exactly that, but you need to prove the manager was willingly involved

I really feel bad for you, man.. I don't know why UAT doesn't like the criminal side, all they do is protect the cops.. like really.. look at the Legal Factions section and look at the Illegal one..

actually RICO lets you do exactly that, but you need to prove the manager was willingly involved

I agree with you there, but I highly doubt they were trying to enact RICO in this situation, or that there was a hard case. More of a casual stop and search.

I agree with you there, but I highly doubt they were trying to enact RICO in this situation, or that there was a hard case. More of a casual stop and search.

All of UAT besides Chaos and Maxime is either in the PD or HP command/high command team.

I wouldn't mind this if they at all seemed sympathetic or even caring for the illegal side but situations like this seem to prove me wrong there.

I really feel bad for you, man.. I don't know why UAT doesn't like the criminal side, all they do is protect the cops.. like really.. look at the Legal Factions section and look at the Illegal one..

Also this is horse shit, sorry but it is. I grant you the fact that UAT consists of legal role players, but they aren't all pro legal and anti illegal. For that to be the case, they would have nothing to do because illegal RP would die entirely and then coincidentally so would legal RP, and thus the server falls into anarchy.

A lot of the issue is this; Illegal roleplayers don't like to get caught, and when they do they complain. Then when said complaints get laughed out for obvious reasons that illegal player then states that the admins are all anti illegal RP, and pro legal. It's horse shit, utter horse shit.

There are plenty of administrators on illegal characters that would agree fully with the decision made by any legal administrator. Passing blame and trying to turn the GAT into some Illuminati cult is pathetic.

aaaaah biased FMT, never heard that one before. Anyway, only thing(s) I agree with is that the NPC should've been ''arrested'' and if the PD felt like running a quick check on the owner of the shop and if you do have any past felony charges that could link this I don't see how they wouldn't at least talk with you.

Seems like short cuts were taken to secure a conviction but asking for a situation to be voided due to your OOC intoxication and anger is a little silly. I'm sure there are plenty of people around the globe sitting in a cell right now who had wished they didn't do something whilst being high too :P 

Also this is horse shit, sorry but it is. I grant you the fact that UAT consists of legal role players, but they aren't all pro legal and anti illegal. For that to be the case, they would have nothing to do because illegal RP would die entirely and then coincidentally so would legal RP, and thus the server falls into anarchy.

A lot of the issue is this; Illegal roleplayers don't like to get caught, and when they do they complain. Then when said complaints get laughed out for obvious reasons that illegal player then states that the admins are all anti illegal RP, and pro legal. It's horse shit, utter horse shit.

There are plenty of administrators on illegal characters that would agree fully with the decision made by any legal administrator. Passing blame and trying to turn the GAT into some Illuminati cult is pathetic.

It's because everybody in illegal right now are fighting for a status, trying to be the next 'pinnacle' of illegal roleplay in Owl Gaming or just simply trying to gain a status that would allow them to call themselves the elite illegal roleplayer. The competition makes me barf and really as an FMT legal team member who roleplays an illegal alt I can honestly say that I don't want to join ANY factions because I feel it is just a giant dick waving contest.

Let's be honest here, everybody who claims they are something here are not even close to what they profess to be and they need to face reality and suck it up.

>have your npc sell weed

>npc is IC a person

>you get instantly arrested because your NPC is selling it

>nothing done to the npc

>no sort of passive RP

lol what, if he was able to script-wise make the NPC sell it, then he did it, end of. If anything, he should have been told OOC'ly it was against the rules, even though there are no rules that list it.

point being, the NPC's being was completely neglected and @@Craazy was the one to get jailed, which makes zero sense, if both were arrested and a proper investigation was done with both, sure, why not.

as the thread labels, "metagaming", not IC corruption or mistaken IC movements.

lol, do you really want me to start listing the names of people that quit because of this? really?

>have your npc sell weed

>npc is IC a person

>nothing done to the npc

>no sort of passive RP

lol what, if he was able to script-wise make the NPC sell it, then he did it, end of. If anything, he should have been told OOC'ly it was against the rules, even though there are no rules that list it.

point being, the NPC's being was completely neglected and he was the one to get jailed, which makes zero sense, if both were arrested and a proper investigation was done with both, sure, why not.

lol, do you really want me to start listing the names of people that quit because of this? really?

Do what you like, people have quit over it before and will again. Shit, I left because I had a huge chip on my shoulder regarding a 10 year old boy being in UAT with no brains, but shit happens. (Sup Tom)

You can play the victim or you can get on with it, that's entirely down to the individual. I have friends on both sides, legal and illegal and I don't feel either side is biased when it comes to dealing with the opposite side.

>have your npc sell weed

>npc is IC a person

>nothing done to the npc

>no sort of passive RP

point being, the NPC's being was completely neglected and @@Craazy was the one to get jailed, which makes zero sense, if both were arrested and a proper investigation was done with both, sure, why not.

Wouldn't want to waste an hour typing names there, would we?

You can play the victim or you can get on with it, that's entirely down to the individual. I have friends on both sides, legal and illegal and I don't feel either side is biased when it comes to dealing with the opposite side.

Then ask yourself, why am I posting here, why does this thread exist, and why are there continuous complaints about illegal RP facing a brick wall constantly.

Wouldn't want to waste an hour typing names there, would we?

Preach.

Who quit? No one quits here they just make a departure thread and join back in two weeks.

If only that was the case with some names, I'd be so happy.