Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueBerry

"CK denied, because they're doing their jobs"

IC, take it IC, internal affairs is there for a reason, having someone just create a thread in order to slander a system isn't the right thing to do, ESPECIALLY if you're an admin.

I think the issue here, is that everyone has that same 'WE NEED TO WIN' mentality when it comes to RP. Not only does this thread proves that, but it also shows how immature people get when it comes to solving situations in a civil manner.

Once again, if cops are deployed in a brawl, report them to internal affairs, because it's an IC choice from the people deploying it or giving perms to deploy it. If you think it's WAY out of hand, make an FMT report.

That's my two-sense, I'd close this thread if I could because it's far to useless now.

Ur a goon fam, dont make me pull out the countless threads pd has posted about "being cked is unrealistic for cops becuz imortal lol" when all we have is this thread. Yall jus mad because u know all illegal rp will leave owl unless they are treated with respect. Rp is not about being fair nor is it about robocoping and ricers... Its to resemble real life so dont bitch when ur decisions hit u back

If you're going to be a officer/trooper, at least take up the responsibility as a officer/trooper as it can cause you to be murdered by someone at any time. This is why gangs fail, it can't go up against the law enforcement; crushing them instantly by the CKs and the investigations and so on.

If people would not complain about having their ''developed'' character getting CKed, LSPD/SAHP would have some competition.

Preach.

Take the fucking CK and move on, whiny little shits. Don't give me that bullshit of "developed" character, your kill got "developed" because of your actions fuckboy.

Take the fucking CK and move on, whiny little shits. Don't give me that bullshit of "developed" character, your kill got "developed" because of your actions fuckboy.

but my PO I character is so developed, dating another cop's shemale alt, we were gonna adopt a Nissan GT-R together

There has been a huge change in the community's way of roleplay concepts and opinions since the last time I was here (2014). As far as my experience with police RP, cops do get CK'd mostly under the following reasons:

-Shootouts where they are aware and are given the same chance of awareness as the criminals.

- CK apps.

-A cop who knows waaay too much and has enough evidence to take down an entire illegal faction.

The PD CKs that I've witnessed or heared about, don't follow that at all. A cop doing everything he is supposed to, but eventually gets CK'd because he called someone an idiot, and that someone got ICly offended. I remember when illegal RPers didn't CK cops just because a cop's reaction to that criminal was offensive, are criminals suddently going soft nowdays and find little puppies cute?

The realism from criminals when they deal with cops is not present. You all are accusing cops of thinking they're in a will smith movie, but what about criminals who think they can provoke cops, insult them, act suspiciously and agressively when cops are arround? Where in the world would you find someone who wants to get caught and wants witnesses of his crimes by cops? People kill witnesses, not law enforcers. Law enforcers's deaths are 95% of the time due to colateral (shootout, trying to protect someone etc) not because they're killed in drive bys targetting them, it makes no sense, not a single bit. Even worse when criminals say "Yea, but what if my character wants to get caught", yes sure this defenetly looks like a game to you, but if you had the chance to one character only like IRL you have one life, you will take a lot of factors into account before you decide to take a miscalculated decision.

You guys have no idea what cops are through either. Having good cops in the server is something everyone should be shouting for, if you are desperatly trying to kill them, that will destroy the server's balance, people never take that into account, they just give you the "my IRL gang alike kills cops" reason, our cop playerbase in the server is low and needs a lot to work on, getting CK'd automatically demotes you, all the effort you put will be erased, and if the reason wasn't too compeling, it will demotivate you to leaving the law RP because of unrealistic risks. I understand and encourage accepting losing everything you've worked for, but for the right reasons that make sense RPly and realistically. 

I'll repeat this because it is a very important note, criminals always complain how cops are bad in the server, but you are also doing everything OOCly and ICly to push the good ones to leave. LSPD just like FD and some gov factions, are more important to the server than the existence of other illegal groups, the server feeds on realism, LSPD/Gov are supposed to be the IC party who provide that realism by making sure that the law is enforced, and create the possibility for it to be broken.

I am not asking for sympathy here or special treatement because of the reasons I stated above although it might seem like it, what I am asking is you guys understand how important one faction can be to the server and how its non efficiency due to the big amount of attacks on it can destroy your RP on a long term basis.

Having cops do their job properly, works well for your RP quality, this situation right now it's because let's be honest, there are some cops who need to work on how well they do their job and killing every cop will lead to worse results. Killing cops is not a punnishment criminals get to issue because the cops aren't showing fear or being unprofessional, let admins issue OOC punnishments for the OOC no fear RP, and IC IA reports for unprofessional conduct, guns and bullets are last resort that's how I was taught to RP.

My dream: Every kills are CKs. You make requests to be unCKed.

;D

My dream: Every kills are CKs. You make requests to be unCKed.

;D

@@rickjames told me about this before, I remember saying no. After seeing how rules are on here about this now, I can't help but say he was right.

There has been a huge change in the community's way of roleplay concepts and opinions since the last time I was here (2014). As far as my experience with police RP, cops do get CK'd mostly under the following reasons:

-Shootouts where they are aware and are given the same chance of awareness as the criminals.

- CK apps.

-A cop who knows waaay too much and has enough evidence to take down an entire illegal faction.

The PD CKs that I've witnessed or heared about, don't follow that at all. A cop doing everything he is supposed to, but eventually gets CK'd because he called someone an idiot, and that someone got ICly offended. I remember when illegal RPers didn't CK cops just because a cop's reaction to that criminal was offensive, are criminals suddently going soft nowdays and find little puppies cute?

The realism from criminals when they deal with cops is not present. You all are accusing cops of thinking they're in a will smith movie, but what about criminals who think they can provoke cops, insult them, act suspiciously and agressively when cops are arround? Where in the world would you find someone who wants to get caught and wants witnesses of his crimes by cops? People kill witnesses, not law enforcers. Law enforcers's deaths are 95% of the time due to colateral (shootout, trying to protect someone etc) not because they're killed in drive bys targetting them, it makes no sense, not a single bit. Even worse when criminals say "Yea, but what if my character wants to get caught", yes sure this defenetly looks like a game to you, but if you had the chance to one character only like IRL you have one life, you will take a lot of factors into account before you decide to take a miscalculated decision.

You guys have no idea what cops are through either. Having good cops in the server is something everyone should be shouting for, if you are desperatly trying to kill them, that will destroy the server's balance, people never take that into account, they just give you the "my IRL gang alike kills cops" reason, our cop playerbase in the server is low and needs a lot to work on, getting CK'd automatically demotes you, all the effort you put will be erased, and if the reason wasn't too compeling, it will demotivate you to leaving the law RP because of unrealistic risks. I understand and encourage accepting losing everything you've worked for, but for the right reasons that make sense RPly and realistically. 

I'll repeat this because it is a very important note, criminals always complain how cops are bad in the server, but you are also doing everything OOCly and ICly to push the good ones to leave. LSPD just like FD and some gov factions, are more important to the server than the existence of other illegal groups, the server feeds on realism, LSPD/Gov are supposed to be the IC party who provide that realism by making sure that the law is enforced, and create the possibility for it to be broken.

I am not asking for sympathy here or special treatement because of the reasons I stated above although it might seem like it, what I am asking is you guys understand how important one faction can be to the server and how its non efficiency due to the big amount of attacks on it can destroy your RP on a long term basis.

Having cops do their job properly, works well for your RP quality, this situation right now it's because let's be honest, there are some cops who need to work on how well they do their job and killing every cop will lead to worse results. Killing cops is not a punnishment criminals get to issue because the cops aren't showing fear or being unprofessional, let admins issue OOC punnishments for the OOC no fear RP, and IC IA reports for unprofessional conduct, guns and bullets are last resort that's how I was taught to RP.

- Two of the kills were CK applications, both were accepted.

Illegal RP is just as needed as LSPD, unless if you're planning to name it "raceGaming" and have all that you do is chase ricers and attend to car crashes. When cops have the right to CK every single gang member and they can't be touched in return because "lol its their job" then you KNOW they're running the server. A faction cannot run the server, period.

You guys have the right to over-respond to a simple call, like I've provided screenshots for, but we can't over-respond to your actions? How is that fair?

Let me also say it like @@Craazy always does: roleplay is not fair, you do not need to know everything and you CAN get CK'd for information that you did not know, or even as an IC mistake. However, the rules themselves should always be fair.

I love how the attitude from criminals is now "huuu who cares about your developed character, just take our CK when we kill you". It's total bullshit. I'd rather not lose the friendships I have, the company I've built up, the employees I hire, the stuff I work towards. I have friends in AP, in LS, my character has goals and he's happy now working in the SAHP. I don't want to lose that because I pulled over some gang/cartel member that I didn't even know he was a part of, proceed to arrest him for something and taser him if he resists, then suddenly have a gang after me. That's total bullshit. Only time I heard of that happening was in End of Watch. San Andreas has a higher cop mortality rate than anywhere else in the US per year. Isn't that enough to say that the cop targeting is clear bullcrap? People usually fear killing cops, it will land you a death penalty, but apparently nobody cares

I love how the attitude from criminals is now "huuu who cares about your developed character, just take our CK when we kill you". It's total bullshit. I'd rather not lose the friendships I have, the company I've built up, the employees I hire, the stuff I work towards. I have friends in AP, in LS, my character has goals and he's happy now working in the SAHP. I don't want to lose that because I pulled over some gang/cartel member that I didn't even know he was a part of, proceed to arrest him for something and taser him if he resists, then suddenly have a gang after me. That's total bullshit. Only time I heard of that happening was in End of Watch. San Andreas has a higher cop mortality rate than anywhere else in the US per year. Isn't that enough to say that the cop targeting is clear bullcrap? People usually fear killing cops, it will land you a death penalty, but apparently nobody cares

Oh yeah because everyone knows all criminals don't have character development. Really Alfa, come on dude, you can put forth better arguments than that?

Also, want me to link you cops that got shot to death IRL over traffic stops? :~)

P.S: What cop mortality? The last CK that was approved on cops was efficiently craazy's, given that everything post that is getting revoked/denied, why do you think this thread is here if it wasn't for that?

@@rickjames told me about this before, I remember saying no. After seeing how rules are on here about this now, I can't help but say he was right.

- Two of the kills were CK applications, both were accepted.

Illegal RP is just as needed as LSPD, unless if you're planning to name it "raceGaming" and have all that you do is chase ricers and attend to car crashes. When cops have the right to CK every single gang member and they can't be touched in return because "lol its their job" then you KNOW they're running the server. A faction cannot run the server, period.

You guys have the right to over-respond to a simple call, like I've provided screenshots for, but we can't over-respond to your actions? How is that fair?

Let me also say it like @@Craazy always does: roleplay is not fair, you do not need to know everything and you CAN get CK'd for information that you did not know, or even as an IC mistake. However, the rules themselves should always be fair.

You are comparing a response to a situation by showing presence to responding to a situation with ACTION not just presence. You sure do have the right to bring in more boys if you see fit, not CK cops asa response, this is exactly the type of reactions you guys do wrong, you escalate things too quickly, guns are a last resort, we don't come in blasting guns shooting them, we bring backup to show authority and the number of force to resolve the IC issues as peaceful as possible, not to actually shoot you, unless you do first.

Secondly illegal RP is needed, but you are once again making the wrong comparison, there is only one LSPD, illegal RPers? Everywhere and can be born at any time. If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead and make another law faction that can operate and have jurisdiction in LS.

actually that is exactly how it normally is... even in real life.

that is why there is alot of security measurements officers should take during pullovers, you dont want to take them, your problem.

actually that is exactly how it normally is... even in real life.

that is why there is alot of security measurements officers should take during pullovers, you dont want to take them, your problem.

Last time I brought 5 cops with me to secure a crime scene, I still got CK'd because I called someone an idiot, your argument is invalid, things really are fucked up.

Alfa shut the fuck up for the love of god. You think that 99% of the fucking time cops are fucking revered saints which can't do anything wrong and deserve a special fucking pass.

Guess what? You don't,

Nice entire rant, but if you as a cop built up "An entire company" then your "developed" character is pure fucking cancer. You've chosen the life, stick to it or drop out of it kid.

Last time I brought 5 cops with me to secure a crime scene, I still got CK'd because I called someone an idiot, your argument is invalid, things really are fucked up.

you kidding me right ? just because 5 cops are not capable of securing the scene, it doesnt make it an ooc issue... still IC.

your "5 cops" need to learn then how to secure a scene... simple lol.

you kidding me right ? just because 5 cops are not capable of securing the scene, it doesnt make it an ooc issue... still IC.

your "5 cops" need to learn then how to secure a scene... simple lol.

I followed the procedure you said we should, we were 6 cops on scene, it is an OOC issue because a criminal killing a cop cuz the cop called him idiot makes no sense, not because we failed to secure the scene.

I followed the procedure you said we should, we were 6 cops on scene, it is an OOC issue because a criminal killing a cop cuz the cop called him idiot makes no sense, not because we failed to secure the scene.

if you properly secured the scene he wouldn't be able to kill you...... he probably would have been shot before doing so.

The report was on you prior to cops arriving, it just took a long time for it to get accepted, and by then they'd arrived.

Besides, the number of cops isn't even the argument here, if cops are a lot then that only adds to the risk of the performer, which means that it's an IC choice of killing a cop among his friends and giving his face away, plus risking his own life.

Just because you chose to enter your cruiser and look around after calling a guy with that crime sheet quote on quote "idiot" because he went over to the street after you ordered him and 5 others to do so (whom had all participated in AT LEAST one murder each) doesn't mean you're safe from them, and there sure as hell is no rule that protects you from it because IRL, Wu Sawm Hsiao would've ripped Coleman's ass apart and would've considered his death a heroic act.

if you properly secured the scene he wouldn't be able to kill you...... he probably would have been shot before doing so.

I wouldn't let my guard down if I knew cops get CK'd for calling people idiots, if I did prior to that, trust me we would. A scene can be secured to an extent, but when the criminals nearby don't act realistically, it's impossible. You are talking from a stand point of logic and procedure, without taking in account the circumstances of that specific scene. 

The report was on you prior to cops arriving, it just took a long time for it to get accepted, and by then they'd arrived.

Besides, the number of cops isn't even the argument here, if cops are a lot then that only adds to the risk of the performer, which means that it's an IC choice of killing a cop among his friends and giving his face away, plus risking his own life.

Just because you chose to enter your cruiser and look around after calling a guy with that crime sheet quote on quote "idiot" because he went over to the street after you ordered him and 5 others to do so (whom had all participated in AT LEAST one murder each) doesn't mean you're safe from them, and there sure as hell is no rule that protects you from it because IRL, Wu Sawm Hsiao would've ripped Coleman's ass apart and would've considered his death a heroic act.

I already explained to you why your IC choices based on "we all killed someone before" don't automatically give you the right to kill someone. I'm sure IRL you don't find criminals who want to die all the time, in this server, apparently everyone likes to die, cool.

I wouldn't let my guard down if I knew cops get CK'd for calling people idiots, if I did prior to that, trust me we would. A scene can be secured to an extent, but when the criminals nearby don't act realistically, it's impossible. You are talking from a stand point of logic and procedure, without taking in account the circumstances of that specific scene. 

you already are in a danger zone when at any situation...... cops get killed irl without any good reason.... I dont know what your definition to "good reason" is, but I assure you that this "good reason" is not measurable and it is up to the player to decide.... 

what you need for a ck is a "reason" which made your character want to kill the other, "good reason" is not defined here and thus you cannot use it.

*Lord Bartman appears, offering solutions as usual instead of moar bitching*

Rule X) Police Officers may be CK'd by a administrator if their actions are seen as being grossly negligent to their life, i.e, charging at armed suspects alone.

its even funnier when u get pulled over, talking to a cop and they use teamspeak to get every single cruiser involved because ur a nigger in game.

thanks for letting me know in a /me you'd request backup.

altogether.

its funny when rules dont apply to cops

i.eg - disregard of own life, roleplaying vehicular crashes, metagaming

I wouldn't let my guard down if I knew cops get CK'd for calling people idiots, if I did prior to that, trust me we would. 

There we go, that's exactly my point. Current rules enforce robocops, thank you for proving my point.