Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueBerry

"CK denied, because they're doing their jobs"

11) Character and Player Kills

Shootouts, brawls, general kills, etcetra are player-kills (PK's).

In order to PK or CK a player, they must first be killed script wise.

Infiltrating Detectives of Law Enforcement Agencies are vulnerable to character kills given the following cases are true and can be proven.

There is key OOC evidence of IC knowledge that the detective is…

A. The Detective is in fact a Detective.

Seen wearing his badge, etc.

B. The Detective is targeting you and/or your organization.

Obviously gathering intelligence via direct contact, constant observation, or purchase of properties near your base of operations to actively spectate you.

C. Affiliated himself with you or your organization in an attempt to entrap you and/or take part of your illegal activities as an apparent ‘ally’.

Infiltrating Detectives; may or may not be in the Law Enforcement Faction’s F3, attempting to join or look like they're joining your faction to gather intelligence.

Situations where CK's apply include, but are not limited to:
- Organized robberies (for the ones performing it);
- Showing disregard for your life (for criminals, civilians and LEO's);
- Failure to handle vehicles well, in aviation roleplay or with heavily upgraded vehicles;
- Roleplaying death, at any time;
- OOC/Trolling behavior which has caused IC trouble or immersion of other players;

When large events occur that affect many people and are admin supervised may become a CK situation. These situations include but are not limited to things such as bank robberies, natural disaster, large fires etc. The supervising admin is able to regard the situation as a CK situation that applies to all parties involved. Players responding to these situations should act in a defensive and safe manner to protect their characters lives. Players may or may not be made aware it is a CK situation to make sure their roleplay is fair and not changed by OOC reasons. LEOs may be CKed in these situations as part of their job is the risk involved with responding to these situations. Some situations may not require CKs but have extended medical leave or medical discharge to responding units.

You may also be character killed through a Character Kill Application. Character kill applications require the approval of three unaffiliated administrators. Both the target(s) and executor(s) of the character kill application are vulnerable once it is accepted, as well as other parties participating in the Character Kill.

Character Kill wars approved by the Faction Management Team will result in Character Kills on death when reported to a full administrator.

Actions such as suicide (drowning, etc), suicide by cop (doing an action that warrants your death, ie; taking out a firearm while aimed at) and suicide by provocation (telling a hostage taker to just kill you, you don’t care.) will result in character kills and possible administrative punishment should the action be unrealistic.

Situations that involve server rules being broken which result in death will not result in a character kill, and rather a player kill. Violators of such rules may be additionally punished by administration and/or also placed in the San Andreas Detention Center. Examples of relevant rules; Non-RP fear, trolling, breaking others' immersion, etc.

I am still looking for the section that says: "Cops can't be cked when they're doing their jobs".

"Cops can't be cked when they're doing their jobs".

THEN WHY THE FUCK THEY'RE CK'ING ILLEGALS WHEN THEY'RE DOING THEIR JOBS?

I'm pretty sure cops IRL die because they are doing their job... But nah, Owl is very realistic, fuck we know about that?

Like they crashed with heli yesterday, and SP came and fixed it  ;))'>  ;))'>  veri realistic m8

"Cops can't be cked when they're doing their jobs".

THEN WHY THE FUCK THEY'RE CK'ING ILLEGALS WHEN THEY'RE DOING THEIR JOBS?

I can happily say that my time in the PD or HP, I never CKed or PKed anyone, as I never felt it necessary.

I can happily say that my time in the PD or HP, I never CKed or PKed anyone, as I never felt it necessary.

Then tell your friends to stop bullshitting

Inb4 hate here

I understand why people are angry, but as a street cop, it's frustrating to lose your developed character because some guy doesn't want to go jail. There was a time when your cop character should be a throwaway character, cause cops were being cked over everything. Criminals do what they do knowing they risk death. Cops have no choice to respond

I understand why people are angry, but as a street cop, it's frustrating to lose your developed character because some guy doesn't want to go jail. There was a time when your cop character should be a throwaway character, cause cops were being cked over everything. Criminals do what they do knowing they risk death. Cops have no choice to respond

If you don't want to be CKed, please stop doing completely stupid shit. Like insulting people and racial profiling. If you're just a fair cop you've got nothing to fear. The supposed rule allows cops to do the most retarded shit without any punishment.

I am still looking for the section that says: "Cops can't be cked when they're doing their jobs".

I'm still looking where it says a leader of a faction can comment on a CK application regarding his own faction when it's clearly conflict of interest.

Guys, Lets go murder cops and get our characters get CK'ed, And let the cops survive cause you know, Cops never die....

Well someone pulls the claim "doing their job", they really mean "I did nothing wrong" or "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm innocent." As the CK rules does not allow you to CK innocent civilians for no good reason.

However, as you said earlier about 'stupid shit' - the ck rules do allow you to CK for provoking, going john rambo in a shootout, etc.

The point is that the idea of "Only doing their job" IS valid. However it is constantly being misused to claim innocence when they're not 'ONLY' doing their job. Calling a gangster a nigger isn't your job.

Well someone pulls the claim "doing their job", they really mean "I did nothing wrong" or "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm innocent." As the CK rules does not allow you to CK innocent civilians for no good reason.

However, as you said earlier about 'stupid shit' - the ck rules do allow you to CK for provoking, going john rambo in a shootout, etc.

The point is that the idea of "Only doing their job" IS valid. However it is constantly being misused to claim innocence when they're not 'ONLY' doing their job. Calling a gangster a nigger isn't your job.

http://pastebin.com/Uy6h0kG5

ok

^. This pretty much sums it up. Problem with some players is that they are eager to kill everyone they see.

Thing is as a pd member you are limited to What you can do, we cant go around killing criminals that dont regarde their life by pulling put a gun, we need corruption premission and Also killing a cop should be fier something important not. something like an insult cause it brings so much heat to your enterprise

Thing is as a pd member you are limited to What you can do, we cant go around killing criminals that dont regarde their life by pulling put a gun, we need corruption premission and Also killing a cop should be fier something important not. something like an insult cause it brings so much heat to your enterprise

Criminals have been and continue to be CK'd without taking out guns when they simply attempt to escape or run away, I have been involved in many of those situations myself.

Cops in real life have been shot for simply standing and looking at the person in the wrong way especially by gangs. If cops have the right to IC'ly deploy SWAT in brawls and traffic stops, and have the right to follow a vehicle with 5 cruisers when metagaming was being questioned and it was disregarded as an "IC choice". Well, then shooting cops and killing them is an IC choice.

Preach, for real. I seen this s*** today. People being CKed and not the cops. What is going on tbh :/

#removeOOCLimitations

lol... having to request ck in such situation is retarded, unless the staff team can gaurantee the request will be responded to within 5-10 seconds maximum, this will never work.

but the question here, if players hate this system, FMT members hate it, and administrators hate it. why da hell it is still there ?

The Police are just a bunch of mingebags, begging not to be CK'd when they get killed during a robbery, etc.

But the problem isn't with people QQing about their CKs, it's with the fact that they actually get people to hear them out for the specific reason that they're a cop.

This huge dilemma that is being pushed is:

>"You can't kill cops, that's unrealistic because cops will be on you."

>SWAT can deploy in brawls and traffic stops because they were in the vicinity, and PD can chase random people with 5 cruisers because "they suspect them" based on completely unrealistic grounds, and when questioned it's voided "this is an IC choice".

So, cops can take unrealistic measures, but people can't kill them? What if I want cops to be on me, to prove myself as capable and gain notoriety on the streets? Are they saying that no-one's ever done it before?

>can't kill cops IC because it's unrealistic

>cops can take unrealistic measures IC

tfw.jpg

lol... having to request ck in such situation is retarded, unless the staff team can gaurantee the request will be responded to within 5-10 seconds maximum, this will never work.

but the question here, if players hate this system, FMT members hate it, and administrators hate it. why da hell it is still there ?

What i was saying, If you dont wanna be Ck'ed, be fucking a civ... Not PD or Gangs....