Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheJoker

[General] - /status (Perma-Ame)

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

Script Suggestion

What would be the name of the script?

/status (Perma-Ame)

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Hi there: A /status command with this syntax: /status TEXTThis will create a purple A/me above your head with a
much
bigger range than a regular a/me that won't go away for five minutes or until /status is used again (no syntax = remove)

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

This allows for the following: - A rule when doing something illegal, you need to have a status *Lockpicking this car* or *In a fight* or *Kicking in this door* So when someone drives by, they can actually see what's going on rather than a few characters just innocently standing somewhere. While rp'ly they're bent over heavily rummaging with a lock. Or doing whatever they're doing. - It also allows for just flavor status messages, describing how someone sits or anything in regard to their passive behavior on a corner. - It also allows for a brief 'afk' message between brackets. It won't last forever, but it's handy for those emergency toilet breaks!

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

-

Guest callum

I hope I don't see all that "/status Appears to be 19 YO | Black Hoodie | Blue Jeans | Black Nike Hi-Tops | Triangular Scar Under Left Eye" none of that, but I'd like it to be seen with stuff like "/status *Blood on shirt*" or "/status *Black eye (L)*"supported though

Once suggested similar along the lines with an icon. Imagine if someone recently swam they could have an icon of being wet, if injured they could have a similar icon such as when they're smoking or masked. Though this is even better, more specific and customizable.

[MENTION=1624]anumaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=635]Exciter[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Maxime[/MENTION] Good feedback on the suggestion, should be a thirty-sixty minute script. Any chance we'll see this implemented?Like, take the a/me script, add command /status, increase time-out time, increase range, change color, create dismissal command. Done! :)

Idk maybe you're too stupid to read the rules. Tag us, get ignored
So, a good suggestion gets ignored -just- because you got tagged? How do you expect the server to advance?

So, a good suggestion gets ignored -just- because you got tagged? How do you expect the server to advance?
There's about 100 script suggestions, and we have other stuff queued up in priority. When we are looking for a new feature, we come into script suggestions and then look at votes and stuff, taking the best one out of the pool. We added the rule because we kept being tagged on all suggestions, and trust me, it's annoying.

There's about 100 script suggestions, and we have other stuff queued up in priority. When we are looking for a new feature, we come into script suggestions and then look at votes and stuff, taking the best one out of the pool. We added the rule because we kept being tagged on all suggestions, and trust me, it's annoying.
I completely understand why you added the rule, but completely ignoring suggestions that might actually be beneficial isn't the way to handle it. Give said user an infraction, instead.

I completely understand why you added the rule, but completely ignoring suggestions that might actually be beneficial isn't the way to handle it. Give said user an infraction, instead.
That is actually quite a good idea. Thanks for suggesting. The rule is now modified. :)

Idk maybe you're too stupid to read the rules. Tag us, get ignored
Isn't there rules on how you should be acting towards players? Almost positive respect is one of them #awks But that's none of my business.

nabind a key to /ame and press it whenever someone is near, i dont want to see a giant block of text on your character. if it's made differently and doesn't sound like a perma-line of text that stays on your head then yes.

+1. Have it limited to the length of the chat box as is things like /me anyways, and it shouldn't be a problem with seeing blocks of text. This could be extremely useful for basically any situation.