Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frostbiteee

[Discussion] An event that happened earlier today

Hey there everyone,I'd just like to share something with you, that I'm finding very distressing. Earlier today me and a colleague of mine bumped into a female character, long story short it ended up at gun point. I did not have any weapon withdrawn nor did I have any weapon in my car or on my person. At this point, my friend and the other character (I can't recall her name, but I'm sure she'll pop up on this thread) we're pointing guns at each other. It then came to my attention that a police van was driving by, instinct kicked in and next minute you know my friend has a bullet in his head. Now, they shot instantly without giving my friend the chance to RP. One of the officers stated that my friend turned his weapon and aimed it at the police (if so, they have every right to open fire) but in fact he did not, he simply did not have the time, as he was focused on running away (it was already too late). Being a man that's completely unarmed, the police decide to chase me, of course that's understandable being I appeared to be involved in some sort of robbery, but what do the police expect if I've had shots fired at me? My characters instinct for survival would kick into over drive and would not care about the consequences of evading law enforcement, when the people that are sworn to protect him are the very people trying to kill him. This has really pissed me off as I'm possibly facing chargers and my friend could potentially be CKed for this incident. I wasn't even read my miranda rights and I'm sure what happened was against police policy as I've been the chief of police on other servers and I know hands down what they can and can't do in certain situations. Yes, maybe the current chief of police has changed things up a bit and there are policies and procedures I don't know about. Regardless, I'm furious about this and it's actually upset me in regards to the quality of RP the police department are portraying. Regardless of who it was, I know it was some sort of Law Enforcement, it's to my understanding that it wasn't officers from LSPD, so possible the sherrifs department, I don't know.Anyway, am I to take this OOC'ly or IC'ly? I'm confused on what to do as I think the entire situation was complete bullshit and should be voided. If you actually check my characters background, he has never been convicted nor layed a finger on anyone in a bad way. He has police and military background so therefor is a respected man. I'm also a business man IC'ly, owning many properties to the prospect of me being a criminal IC'ly is complete bullshit. My friend was simply protecting me and himself from a female that drew a 9mm because she felt like she was being threatened. What can I do? As I can't stand this bullshit any longer.

What can I do? As I can't stand this bullshit any longer.
Gather as much evidence as possible from your logs of the RP for such names of the people involved and then post a "Faction Complaint" on the faction or contact us through the FMT "Public Contact" method. Either way this section of the forums is not for this type of post so I'll lock it up for now but I would advise you use either of the two methods I suggested above.