Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Userone

/call 911 OLD vs NEW

Should the awful new 911 dispatch be reverted to the old efficient one?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the awful new 911 dispatch be reverted to the old efficient one?

• Yes, change the 911 dispatcher to be more efficent and logical!
    • No, it doesn't matter.

A good old saying once heard from a cop long ago:"First thing 911 dispacher asks you is your location, because if the call drops after that at least we know where to go."Now, old 911 dispatcher used to do that, because that makes sence - vital of all you wanna know where to go. If dispatch would ask for actual emergency first, and then the call was dropped, you wouldn't know where to go!Picture an emergency - a fight broken out at IGS.Now, the old dispatcher went like this:Old 911 Dispatch: This is Emergency Service. Please state your location!Tim Johnson: Ganton Gym!Old 911 Dispatch: Please describe the incident!Tim Johnson: A fight! Come quick!Old 911 Dispatch: A unit was sent to your location!BOOM! Two questions - location, situation! And only the important ones! Quick, reliable, easy!What would it be like with the NEW system?New 911 Dispatch: Okay, who do you, unexpirienced citizen, need?Tim Johnson: Cops.New 911 Dispatch: What's that?Tim Johnson: Cops!New 911 Dispatch: I don't get that...Tim Johnson: Police!New 911 Dispatch: Okay, we're contacting police department! Please state your name!Tim Johnson: Ga- uh.. name?! Why the fuck do you need my name? Ugh.. Tim Johnson..New 911 Dispatch: Alright, now we need you to describe the situation...Tim Johnson: There's a fight going on!New 911 Dispatch: Alright, if you have any additional information say it, if you don't say "No"..Tim Johnson: Um... no?New 911 Dispatch: A unit was sent to your location.New 911 Dispatch hangs up.Tim Johnson: But I didn't give you location... the fuck...Okay, why the fuck does an Emergency Call Operator need your fucking name? It's an emergency call, someone is being killed, raped, dying of heart attack, and you wanna get out there and help them, why the fuck are you asking for their name?! And why waste time on asking what department to contact, what will citizens do if there's more then one needed? Waste more time and call 911 Also, the new 911 dispatch doesn't even fucking ask for location! How is anyone suppost to respond?!The 311 dispatch is way faster, they only ask for name, location and situation, but the problem is 311 is a Non-Emergency-Hotline!I DEMAND that you change 911 back to the old dispatch, who was much more efficient!

I agree with Userone. First time I made a new 911 call, about a guy who just tried to kill me with a knife, I ended up typing it out for four minutes as I got the "police" wrong a couple of times, then got confused about the name question (which I didn't expect) and by the third question I started to doubt whether I really want to continue this, because the guy was long gone. And when I got to the end, and call ended, I had to make a 311 call to inform the PD of the location because there was no such question included.If cops say that new dispatch is nice because they get additional info, then get off your lazy fat doughnut assess and call me back god damn it and ask for my name yourselves. At least you would RP once for a while instead me talking with a dumb machine that forgets to ask about the location.

this thread is one of many reasons why some players are ungrateful. appreciate what you have and that the scripters worked to update the old system instead of being a dick emphasising your side by swearing like an ungrateful brat.

I agree with Userone. First time I made a new 911 call, about a guy who just tried to kill me with a knife, I ended up typing it out for four minutes as I got the "police" wrong a couple of times, then got confused about the name question (which I didn't expect) and by the third question I started to doubt whether I really want to continue this, because the guy was long gone. And when I got to the end, and call ended, I had to make a 311 call to inform the PD of the location because there was no such question included.If cops say that new dispatch is nice because they get additional info, then get off your lazy fat doughnut assess and call me back god damn it and ask for my name yourselves. At least you would RP once for a while instead me talking with a dumb machine that forgets to ask about the location.
Jesus christ- calm down, I like my doughnuts, i'd rather not be insulted. Second it tells us the location by it self, it locates where you are.Here's an example..[RADIO] This is dispatch, We've got an incident call from Bob #(numbers), over.[RADIO] Situation: 'Someone has a gun!', over.[RADIO] Additional Information: 'He is on front of a store, he's wearing blue and black pants.. ', over.[RADIO] Location: 'Harbor Rd in Willowfield, Los Santos', out.

It can be changed to how you all want it.. Only did it the way it is now because that's what the suggestion was when it was put into the accepted section.I don't mind it changing if that's what you all want, but personally I like the current system more, just seems to make more sense and give more information to dispatchers.

It can be changed to how you all want it.. Only did it the way it is now because that's what the suggestion was when it was put into the accepted section.I don't mind it changing if that's what you all want, but personally I like the current system more, just seems to make more sense and give more information to dispatchers.
^^Doesn't delegate you the reason to act like rude as fuck when trying to make a point Userone. Scripters work hard, you could have easily just forum pm'd a suggestion to the MTA Scripting Team.

No matter if someone has put hard work in it: people are (and should) be able to deliver critics about something. In a normal way, ofcourse. If they don't, that right will be taken away from them. Simple as that.Nonetheless, I find it odd that a 911-system does not ask for a location. If the script does that automatically, it should be disabled.

Jesus christ- calm down, I like my doughnuts, i'd rather not be insulted. Second it tells us the location by it self, it locates where you are.Here's an example..[RADIO] This is dispatch, We've got an incident call from Bob #(numbers), over.[RADIO] Situation: 'Someone has a gun!', over.[RADIO] Additional Information: 'He is on front of a store, he's wearing blue and black pants.. ', over.[RADIO] Location: 'Harbor Rd in Willowfield, Los Santos', out.
It is a bit MG-ish, since you would not understand the location immediately after the call in the RL. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

What is the point of what the machine asks you? Still, they get your location.. It's up to them, either they come or not. Do you think it's going to be easier with the old system, if in example, a noobie calls 911 and doesn't know the location his at.

You think the 911 system in this server is bad? LOL You should see here*Call 911 *ringing**Dispatcher picksup* " Police, Fire, Medical"Police!"*More ringing*"Hello, RCMP, whats your emergency?" *Sit for about 20 minutes explaining your situation and then you finally get a police car or something of the sort**Then you explain, your name address, how old you are*This 911 system is efficient enough unless you want to go through an entire entourage of bullshit to call the cops, yes I agree that when you say COPS! it doesn't exactly work.. however.. it is efficient with the number tracking and then it prevents jack asses from calling 911 constantly with troll calls or just being general fuck wits. I vote to keep it how it is

So you're tracking every 911 call you get now? I'd hate to be a dispatcher.
I don't think you understand..Here's an example..[RADIO] This is dispatch, We've got an incident call from Bob #(numbers), over.[RADIO] Situation: 'Someone has a gun!', over.[RADIO] Additional Information: 'He is on front of a store, he's wearing blue and black pants.. ', over.[RADIO] Location: 'Harbor Rd in Willowfield, Los Santos', out.We don't literally track every call, it locates where your calling from..
Tracking my number? For a single call about an emergency? It sounds a bit weird, doesn't it?
lol yes, but we don't track numbers every ninerHere's an example..[RADIO] This is dispatch, We've got an incident call from Bob #(numbers), over.[RADIO] Situation: 'Someone has a gun!', over.[RADIO] Additional Information: 'He is on front of a store, he's wearing blue and black pants.. ', over.[RADIO] Location: 'Harbor Rd in Willowfield, Los Santos', out.It locates where your calling from..