Kevin

Black Gangbanger RP Guide

it is important to also realize that a lot of people who use Chicago and the South or NYC as examples to roleplay aren't really roleplaying properly that way - each city has its own slang and gang culture which means that the shit they do in New Orleans or Chicago isn't exactly the way that goes down in California and even California itself has different gang culture in each major city.

another thing that while not important kinda takes a medium role is the music that people post with their screens and how they mix their own personal tastes with the ones of their characters - people either get down to obscure 90s rappers who haven't really been relevant since the actual nineties or they obsess over drill and trap musicians that while popular in the states aren't really that relevant to begin while ignoring that there is a lot of LA native rappers like YG or Joey Fatts or A$ston Matthews who make music about Angeleno gang life and mostly hood life in the modern days.

Preach. So many people are mixing LA and Chicago cultures, just look at LSRP. I personally don't see how that place can be considered a roleplaying heaven. It takes a bit of research before you roleplay something so you don't look like a coon. My best source was Hood2Hood documentary on LA, though I'm certain that there are better sources out there.

Hah, ok.

This guide fucking sucks.

It requires way too much effort from me or anyone else to read it and learn how to actually RP. You expect people to put effort into RP?

WHAT. IS. WRONG. WITH. YOU?????

Just joking, obviously Great guide! Save it in a Google Drive and it shall live on for eternity.

Though that's the south, still displays the attitude and common violence pretty well.

As for the suggestions and such, I'll be sure to try to touch on those. I'll also add a section about the roles older members play in the the gangs.

This one, sir... Is a valuable guide. Also, this song, although it's about Jamaican gangs (they're similar to the American ones), only confirms what you've said about gangs and ghetto yutes (youths).

Posting this on behalf of @Craazy

@ThatGuy @Wright @Chaos @Shanks @OhhPixelz @Swanker

Motion to get this guide pinned so it may rest at the top of the page with other golden guides, like @El Mariachi's Earning Encyclopedia, and @Aris's Ultimate Roleplay Guide for Beginners.

Most important thing, don't forget black gangsters are also human. Have some human non-gangster traits.

On 6/30/2015 at 10:52 AM, Kevin said:

If your character for whatever reason decides to go out and kill someone, at least roleplay the fear, stress, sickness and urgency of the situation. Roleplay the paranoia. If your character is about to get in a fight, roleplay the adrenaline, roleplay the excitement, anger, fear, jitters and uneasiness. Not everybody is a hardened criminal right off the bat, especially roleplaying a younger character.

Also, couldn't agree more with this. If everyone did this, the noob-picture most people have would fade quickly

6 hours ago, ToastyBud said:

Posting this on behalf of @Craazy

@ThatGuy @Wright @Chaos @Shanks @OhhPixelz @Swanker

Motion to get this guide pinned so it may rest at the top of the page with other golden guides, like @El Mariachi's Earning Encyclopedia, and @Aris's Ultimate Roleplay Guide for Beginners.

LDwtvEW.png