Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Userone

How to roleplay kidnapping. [Under Construction]

1. Clarification

In this guide I will be going over what you should think of before you roleplay your character kidnapping someone. I will not be going over specific methods to kidnap someone, but I will give you a useful information on what you must do to make sure it will go smoothly.

2. Rules

It's always best to document your kidnapping with screenshots(F12) and screen-capture(Fraps), so that you have proof in-case you are blamed for something you didn't do during the kidnapping roleplay.

As of me typing this text out, there are no rules specified to kidnapping. However, be sure to check the Server Rules here to make sure that you, your group and the victim aren't breaking any:

http://forums.owlgaming.net/showthread.php?10-Server-Rules

Here are some relevant rules worth pointing out for kidnappers.

2.1 Rule 8: Disgusting role-play that may cause offence to those around you requires prior OOC approval.

However, if you're planning to perform a disturbing roleplay, which are listed in Rule 8 as Rape(sex without consent), Cannibalism(eating human flesh), Necrophilia(sexual attraction to dead bodies), Pedophilia(sexual attraction to minors) or Bestiality(sexual attraction to animals), you must ask permittion in OOC and you must do in in a secluded spot, so that noone who didn't consent to seeing this roleplay can suddenly stumble into it.

Note that even if the victim consented to disturbing roleplay, at any point the victim can take away their consent and anything related to disturbing roleplay has to be voided. If bash the victim via OOC means for revoking their consent to disturbing roleplay, you're a terrible human being and you'll likely be jailed if not permanently banned.

2.2 Rule 2: No Powergaming

Do not force anything on victim! Here's an example:

/me takes John, pushes him into the back of the van forcefully!

That is called powergaming, since you're not giving John time to respond. Always give people time to respond and always act realistically. Don't powergame items you do not have prepared, like if you didn't bother getting rope before starting your kidnapping - then too bad! Don't powergame having what you don't just for advantage

2.3 Rule 6. Always role-play.

This is more for the victims of kidnapping. If you feel like the kidnappers are powergaming, which is very likely since it's tempting to powergame when dealing with felony crimes and evading law enforcment, but it's not your job to deal with that! Your job is to roleplay, and if you fail to do that, you're breaking rule 6!

So what do you do if you feel like someone's breaking a rule? Press F12, then after roleplay is done with, go to Program Files>Multi Theft Auto 1.5>Screenshots and find the last screen shot. After that go to imgur.com and drag&drop the screenshot there.

After you gathered the evidence, click on a link and fill out the form, takes around five minutes:

LINK

3. Your character is a human being

Kidnapping someone is a very unethical and unusual thing for someone to do, so to be doing that your character is either very mentally unstable or they have a very good reason. If you're going with the first one, don't forget to also express the mental instability in your character in everyday life.

3.1 Roleplay loss

Don't be shy to roleplaying loss, you're not playing on a roleplay server to rack up most cash, guns, cars, houses, slaves or whatever you think you're racking up. You're here to create fun for yourself and for others. You're here to create interesting and rich stories.

Always assume the worst result possible - your victim escapes and after a while - kills you. If you always assume the worst, it will be much easier for you to handle the loss(which will 100% come to some extent).

The benefit of roleplaying loss comes out in real life, not only to others but to you as well after you realize that you have developed your character, that your character now has a story to tell, that he/she isn't just a mindless avatar anymore.

If you don't roleplay loss, you will make it frustrating. Who are you trying to benefit here - yourself as a person as well as real people around you, or your character alone? Be considerate, play fair. If you don't play fair, other people will not play with you.

In summary - roleplay loss is essential to any roleplay, but in kidnapping it's very apparent even to the kidnapper.

4. Be respectful in OOC

Sure, in-character you could be kidnapping a known rapist pedophile to torture them, but when talking to the person in out-of-character, recognize that the person sitting behind that computer screen playing the game is just like you.

Don't make whitty comments [ex. - Michael Connor: (( lol ))] if the victim attempts to escape when being overpowered by three people. Sure their chances of escape are slim, but don't laugh at the person for roleplaying - it discourages people from roleplaying and it's extremely rude. Also don't disregard other person's attempts, no matter how small they are - when you're being kidnapped last thing you would do is comply with the kidnappers.

Here's a few made-up examples:

Example 1 - Powergaming Victim

* John Mendoza pulls a mask over their head.

* John Mendoza reaches for his waistband, pulling out a Glock 17 with his right hand and aiming it at Jennifer.

[spanish] John Mendoza shouts: Hands up, bitch!

* Jennifer Kennel quickly reaches for her phone, texting her friends for help.

Clearly Jennifer here is powergaming, she supposedly typed out a text-message while being under gun-point. This is powergaming, because script-wise the mugger couldn't tell the difference between Jeniffer texting, speaking or handing her money until Jeniffer actually finished the action. That's just how the script is. But in real-life, obviously, if you started texting someone while aimed at, you'd get shot most likely. So how does John handle this situation?

Wrong way to handle the situation:

John Mendoza: (( are you fucking kidding me? ))

John Mendoza: (( you're powergaming ))

John Mendoza: (( read the rules you n00b ))

- Stalling RP

- OOC Insults

Right way to handle the situation:

Screenshot saved.

You have reported Jennifer Kennel (69) for following reason:

PowerGaming.

Your report is ID #10. An administrator will contact you ASAP!(lies)

[spanish] John Mendoza shouts: Drop the fucking phone!

+ Rulebreaking documented

+ Rulebreaking reported

+ Roleplay isn't stalled, stopped or interfeared with

You just had to put 69 there didn't you.Oh the originality these days.

ID 69? Why 69, [MENTION=1199]Userone[/MENTION]? lmfaoooAnd this (lies).. laughed the shit out of me :D

*Chewy looks at this guide while he is wanking himself, as he bites his lips, smiling*Lets kidnap some pretty girls and fuck the hell out of them! Whos with me?!

*Chewy looks at this guide while he is wanking himself, as he bites his lips, smiling*Lets kidnap some pretty girls and fuck the hell out of them! Whos with me?!
Meh !

Really nice guide! Hate the fact that people can't role play being a fucking human... Each character I role play I remember I'm human, it's really fucking hard to see other humans in mass pain... Like when people start cutting people up and shit, I role play being sick and not being able to take it on one alt. When your in a character with a firearm, think, the pressure, you're just about to kill. @@Userone

Really nice guide! Hate the fact that people can't role play being a fucking human... Each character I role play I remember I'm human, it's really fucking hard to see other humans in mass pain... Like when people start cutting people up and shit, I role play being sick and not being able to take it on one alt. When your in a character with a firearm, think, the pressure, you're just about to kill. @@Userone

Considering these days people are exposed to more and more gore and violence, the amount of people in real life who'd be disturbed after murdering someone or cutting them up would be relatively low.

A grim example is that I would have no problem killing someone if I had a good reason, which may sound like I'm crazy, but over the time I've been on the internet, I've learned to handle such things.

@@Lenny In real life, I have to be used to gore, and blood due to me picking the paramedic's career; and trying to become one when time comes. However you saying that only a low amount of people would be disturbed by a murder, or thing like that is crazy....

I mean there is people who are scared of the site of blood, never mind such gore like cutting somebody up, or a stabbing, a GSW (Gun shot wound) etc..

@@Lenny In real life, I have to be used to gore, and blood due to me picking the paramedic's career; and trying to become one when time comes. However you saying that only a low amount of people would be disturbed by a murder, or thing like that is crazy....

I am not saying that your average joe won't freak out when they see a man being cut up and eaten, but people who plan to kill are usually more resistant to mental disturbance.

I am not saying that your average joe won't freak out when they see a man being cut up and eaten, but people who plan to kill are usually more resistant to mental disturbance.

True, but what I mean is that. If it's your first time on he character, don't go all macho, and be like... Not affected, this is literally nothing, just Battlefield and Call Of Duty, role play your hands shaking, role play the fear, role playing feeling for the person in pain at least a little. Be realistic.

True, but what I mean is that. If it's your first time on he character, don't go all macho, and be like... Not affected, this is literally nothing, just Battlefield and Call Of Duty, role play your hands shaking, role play the fear, role playing feeling for the person in pain at least a little. Be realistic.

It depends on who you're killing and why you're doing it too.

It depends on who you're killing and why you're doing it too.

Can't disagree with that, even when your a normal person who hasn't killed before. If you're in the revenge, and mass anger mentality, you don't entirely think about what your doing. You just do it.

Great guide for new players to roleplay, and doing criminal roleplay.

you mean for people playing owl . .. .

you mean for people playing owl . .. .

Also for new players that are new to CRIMINAL roleplay. As of not everyone has been RPing a criminal all the time, most has been civillians running around, doing nothing.

powergaming is kinda a sketchy subject, because if i was going to ambush someone irl and rape the living shit out of them, by default they would be given no time to respond.

Might aswell put "How to roleplay kidnapping and then raping them."

Because that's the next action.

Brilliant guide, great for people who are new to criminal roleplay.