Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan

[General] - Replace the gun sounds.

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Replace the gun sounds.

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

Yes

What is the suggestion?

Change the gun sounds. Some of them are pretty stupid. Like, the Deagle should be a Glock sound, as to an actual Desert Eagle.I personally like these sounds. They seem more realistic

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

+Better, more realistic sounds. -There isn't any. A change is always good.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

--Dowload link from the video.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Replacing the weapon sounds isn't really a big issue, and it can't be abused. These sounds seem better than the current ones so I don't see why not really.

I don't see why this is necessary at all... Why don't you just download the mod instead of forcing it on everyone else on the server? Voting no on this. Mods should never be forced.
I have them replaced client-side. However, they have to be installed server-side in order to work.

Guest Ariana
I don't see why this is necessary at all... Why don't you just download the mod instead of forcing it on everyone else on the server? Voting no on this. Mods should never be forced.
Current weapon sounds are already forced.... lmao

I vote yes, seriously why not? Only brings more realism towards the server.
How does it so? The sound of your weapon does not interfere with the quality of your roleplay. It's not like the district command changes according to how loud and static the weapon sounds, therefore it does nothing to bring realism - it's just another prerequisite for people who want to turn MTA into a tricked out shooter with cars.Voting no.

How does it so? The sound of your weapon does not interfere with the quality of your roleplay. It's not like the district command changes according to how loud and static the weapon sounds, therefore it does nothing to bring realism - it's just another prerequisite for people who want to turn MTA into a tricked out shooter with cars.Voting no.
You're wrong, either way this is -MY- opinion.

Most of these sounds are from Call of Duty and as a person who plays CoD I don't have anything against it, but I would sound like a hypocrite if I said keep them, because mods should never be forced and neither should that suggested gun sound pack be used, because it's more than that - I've used it before like a year ago and it messes up some other sounds for you. I vote yes on removing these sounds in general.

Most of these sounds are from Call of Duty and as a person who plays CoD I don't have anything against it, but I would sound like a hypocrite if I said keep them, because mods should never be forced and neither should that suggested gun sound pack be used, because it's more than that - I've used it before like a year ago and it messes up some other sounds for you. I vote yes on removing these sounds in general.
I only suggested this sound pack, feel free to find a different one. It just bugs me for some stupid reason when most desert eagles are roleplayed as Glocks and they have some OP desert eagle noise. Most of the other sounds are jut fine. I have had this sound pack installed for ages and never had problems. And removing the sounds completely would be horrible, because you can barely hear the default ones on the next street.