Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pertinax

[Faction] - Duty gun for LEA

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

Duty gun for LEA

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

Faction

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

Basically this is my idea, when you join a department you should be issue with a weapon (Deagle) like the ones you got from ammu-nation, so you must have the responsibility to care about your weapon. If something happens to that weapon it will be on you and a IA investigation would be opened. Just like in RL. And on the /duty, you should only get the ammo packs, so you can take that weapon off duty with you, now that LEA (Law Enforcement Agencies) members gets Tier 1 Licences.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Advantage:- This would increase the RP and the similarity to RL.- Truly helps raising the realistic atmosphere induced by the fact that you can now fear that your firearm can be stolen and taken by any suspect instead of relying on OOC rules that protect you against that.- Plus IA can have physical evidence of who fired on a situation since they can trace the bullet taken from the victim to the officers' firearms, instead of relying on witness statements.Disadvantages:- N/A

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Change the /duty and take out the Deagle from it and replace it with Deagle ammo.

I don't really see what this achieves, there's nothing stopping you from just deleting all of your /duty items and changing your clothes when going off duty, the only time you need to re-duty then is to get all your stuff back. [MENTION=3804]Wright[/MENTION]

I honestly say yes I mean, PD should like this one too, get IA active and everything with the firearm loss etc. Amazing idea +1.

Just have it so cops are forced to buy a separate from ammunition if they wish to use a firearm off duty. Although, IRL some cops prefer to use their duty pistol off duty. It can honestly go both ways..

Just have it so cops are forced to buy a separate from ammunition if they wish to use a firearm off duty.
There's no need, PD Could have a storage to have all the guns saved, and issue one of them to any new member.Or it can be the same way as the badges are issue with a /issuedutygun that would generate an ID on the gun.

For real, I've watched an officer RP'lyvplace his gun ON THE GROUND, while cuffing a suspect whiwhileere were 4 other gangsters standing around watching... if that rule weren't in place someone would be a deagle richer and a cop would be CK'd...