Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Orion

Update, May 2015

Guest Orion

OwlGaming.png

Mapping Team Applications

Hi,As the new leader of the mapping team and being its only member, I'm opening up recruitement for whoever wants to join. The duties of a member consist of, but are not limited to:
  • Answering interior and gate addition requests
  • Answering mapping addition requests (and checking the .map before accepting it)

Being a skilled mapper is not a requirement, but it is definetly a plus.If you're interested in joining the team, PM me with why you think you would be a great addition. (format of the PM/application is entirely up to you)Kind regards,OwlGaming Mapping Team

Guest Orion
Aren't Belgica and haigen part of the Mapping Team as well?Will there be any format for Mapping Team Applications?Good luck for those who are thinking in applying.
I just added haigen 5 minutes before I made this update, and yes, Belgica is part of it as well.Regarding the application format, I'm not sure yet. The mapping team doesn't need a large memberbase, 6 members should suffice. That's why I didn't bother with a format, a sub-forum and a voting process for such a small amount of members. It will be added in the future, depending on how the mapping team evolves.

Definitely applied, like obviously I do mapping and I'm on the forums a lot, fits me! Good luck to all tho. Believe, believe, and believe.

Aren't Belgica and haigen part of the Mapping Team as well?Will there be any format for Mapping Team Applications?Good luck for those who are thinking in applying.
Says to just PM with whatever format you want. I think it's a more open idea of applying. No specific guidelines: Just show what you got and why you should be on ze team.EDIT: More-so read what Orion replied.. Posted this after him, but didn't see his reply until this was posted.

[MENTION=132]Orion[/MENTION], [MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION]. Does this mean the old /staff - /admins gui will come back, I'm talking about when it had the Mapping Team members on it?

[MENTION=132]Orion[/MENTION], [MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION]. Does this mean the old /staff - /admins gui will come back, I'm talking about when it had the Mapping Team members on it?
Depends. The report system was also made to support them aswell, but I don't see them being really needed that much in game to make it worth doing. If someone can find a reason that can't be done already on the forums then I don't see why not.We might need it when the new mapping system comes around.

[MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION] well I mean part of the report system, there could be a "Mapping Team Question" or just add several like "Gate Questions." "Mapping Questions" etc... if you understand me, that aside, the /admins & /staff should have the old one where it showed the Mapping Team considering it making sense.

[MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION] well I mean part of the report system, there could be a "Mapping Team Question" or just add several like "Gate Questions." "Mapping Questions" etc... if you understand me, that aside, the /admins & /staff should have the old one where it showed the Mapping Team considering it making sense.
I just don't see "Map Questions" or "Gate questions" being something that would be needed in game or could be handled on the forums. In game ranks are more for if their job involves doing a lot of things in game, whereas right now its more about processing requests on the forums, testing maps, and submitting them to ScrT to be implemented.

[MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION] well if none of those part of the report system I'm assuming there will be something different, that aside, what about the /staff /admins?

[MENTION=384]Chaos[/MENTION] well if none of those part of the report system I'm assuming there will be something different, that aside, what about the /staff /admins?
...I feel like I'm repeating myself. There is no point to being in /staff if they don't have in game duties. Thats like giving Forum Admins /staff.They probably will be added when we finish our map manager.