Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan

[Admin] - /badges for UAT to set faction badge colour, name etc....

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

/badges for UAT to set faction badge colour, name etc....

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

Admin

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

A GUI activated by '/badges' which allows you to select/input a faction ID, select the HEX Code, badge name, badge icon (Could be uploaded from imgur maybe?)When all of the fields are filled in accordingly, it would make a badge in '/items' which can be spawned in via admins or faction leaders using /issuebadge, as you can currently do.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

-Instant scripting of badges.-Less waiting on scripters to script your badge.-Handy for making faction badges and/or editing them, for example colour.None.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

-

How would you go about implementing this idea?

Advantages say it all. There isn't nothing bad about it really.

No, from a Scripting perspective. Badges are Items, and the way the item system works, they're all hardcoded.
Then, you should work on making item addition easier and more user friendly, if that's the issue here.

Then, you should work on making item addition easier and more user friendly, if that's the issue here.
I'm pretty sure the item system is in the to-do list of another scripter, but hey, "you should" apply to the Scripting team if it you got the talents to help us out!

I'm pretty sure the item system is in the to-do list of another scripter, but hey, "you should" apply to the Scripting team if it you got the talents to help us out!
My intention wasn't to force you to do it, just saying it out loud :3

No, from a Scripting perspective. Badges are Items, and the way the item system works, they're all hardcoded.
I'm pretty sure LUA has file write abilities, though I'm not sure how this would behave when the file is already loaded by the server.
"you should" apply to the Scripting team if it you got the talents to help us out!
I know it wasn't directed at me, but I've been tempted to, honestly I just don't have enough knowledge of MySQL query strings, though.

I'm pretty sure LUA has file write abilities, though I'm not sure how this would behave when the file is already loaded by the server.
You're right, although, it'd be too complex. It's better to re-make the system entirely based on sql tables instead.