Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodfella

[General] - /deal (For card games)

Do you think this should be implemented into the server?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be implemented into the server?

• Yes, I like this idea.
    • No, I am against this idea.

[mheader]Script Suggestion[/mheader]What would be the name of the script?

/deal (For card games)

What kind of script(s) are you suggesting?

General

Has said suggestion been seen on other servers before?

No

What is the suggestion?

If you don't want to make a script for poker games, just please script this. It should basically work in a same way as a PM, but here it's about privately giving someone cards without showing to others, which gives poker players possible chance to bluff.Should be like /dealcards [Player ID] and it should show /ame dealt a card to [Character name]. At the screen of the player who received should show like, something simple like JH which is Jack of Hearts or 6H Six of Hearts, or AS (Ace of spades)Also add /showcards or something please so we don't have people trying to cheat everytime.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this script towards the server/gameplay?

Helps me and anyone else who loves to bluff, bluff.

Do you have any resources to support our scripters in making said suggestion?

No.

How would you go about implementing this idea?

I don't see too much abuse, but maybe a few people will try to cheat over MTA telling they received this but didn't receive that.

Sounds good. Scripters obviously Need to address the chance of duplicate cards showing up e.g two King of spades. With blackjack this isn't an issue since Irl up to six decks are shuffled together so there are duplicates in the deck but in poker only one deck is used

Sounds good. Scripters obviously Need to address the chance of duplicate cards showing up e.g two King of spades. With blackjack this isn't an issue since Irl up to six decks are shuffled together so there are duplicates in the deck but in poker only one deck is used
Yup. So maybe they should create like, 50 entries with names of the cards. Then, afterwards a script that chooses from those 50 entries, like getnumber (dont know actual script command or w/e is it called) and then /getnumber [1-50][1-50] with a scripted thing that removes the chance of like getting /getnumber 36 36. All that we need is cards scripted correctly. No need for a complete poker script to be made, since most of the call or fold actions can be done through /me and big and small blinds as well.So just /dealcards [player ID] and /showcards commands and poker can be played much easier IG.