Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheNeonGuy

Mapping San Fierro And Las Venturas into nature.

Hello fellow Owlgaming players.These days, it has came to my mind that the city's of Las Venturas and San Fierros aren't used alot, as sutch, i thinked about transforming them into nature wonderlands, creating a "Island" with one biome, what woud happend, is that we woud take most of the citys and villages not used all around the map, and replace them with trees, lakes, rocks, this woud place the peaple mutch more close to Los Santos, as they coud only buy houses in it, making the others for re-creational uses, in my mind the large city of san fierro woud be woods, of course, some of the roads woud be kept, as they woud be needed for peaple to maybe, make a trip, making more RP, instead of having peaple riding their cars in the same locations, if you have any questions about it, please ask, i might not have been very specific, sorry.Regards.Lula221.

LV desert can be turned into something like that with less objects. If you got this idea official and accepted I'll map it for you

Thinking... We coud take Las Venturas out, and make san fierro bigger, the space where las venturas used to be, woud be replaced in maybe... Dunno, middle of the las venturas map, by that Military base that is on the sea, right side from Las Venturas. (I keep the idea of turning San Fierro into wilderness with small dirt/asphault roads)

Guest jayjay

I'm a mapper myself, and this would take a very long time and it would also have to use a shitton of objects which wouldn't load correctly when all together.

In MTA (not sure if in 1.5 its fixed) there are many objects such as grass that may not be easy to remove. This is going to take such time and dedication, and after just removing it, it will be extremely hard to keep original and creative with the whole 'island map thing. A possibility would be literally making a small island, and using boats to get to it. Not sure if that would be accepted in the server though, as islands don't appear like that in real life. It is very possible but it is also very much a pain.

Hell no

Those cities have RP Purpose, whether it be the location for VCT imports or places for airlines to fly to, we can't remove them. Huge no from me.

Or... we can remove the other islands and replace it with the ocean.

This. I absolutely hate how people go RP in parts of the map with less players (SF, LV) in order to not be "interrupted". Sorry, but I see that as a form of powergaming/metagaming as you are abusing the fact that you OOCly know there is a lack of players in those areas. 

People always complain about the areas we have being empty, want to fix that? Do this.